Hotel Don Bigote
Melia.com
US$192
US$184
  • Beachfront
Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$122
US$114
US$209
HotelQuickly
Sol Lunamar Apartments(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
US$85
Elvoline
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,441 results
All reviewsbanana joespalma novahalf boardrooms are smallstar hotelstag and hencleaned every dayfresh towelslively hotelcheap holidayjust round the cornerolder peoplemagaluf striptoastiespool sidelong weekendnext year
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

After reading some reviews on here we were a bit concerned about staying at the hotel, but we needn't have worried.

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on a break away with friends. Even though we did not have our children with us, it seemed very child friendly.

The hotel is really well located close to shops, pubs and restaurants and it is very close to the beautiful beach. It is within walking distance to magaluf and the main strip also.

It was very clean and the staff were helpful. We checked out in the morning, but they even let us use a room to have a shower in the evening, after being by the pool.

The pool area was well equipped with tables and chairs and also sunbeds and parasols. There is a purpose built toilet block outside too which saves having to go into reception. There is also a child's play area.

We stored our cases in the specified area and they kept our hand luggage with passports etc behind the reception for us.

The food was lovely, a help yourself buffet style with plenty of variety. The drinks in the restaurant and hotel bar were very reasonably priced, cheaper than some other places nearby.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised, and we would not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 16 June 2014

very clean, food was great, close to the beach and shops, staff very helpful, had two weeks here no problems at all, just one piece of good advice if you are going to hire a car do not go to goldcar. wayne and sue, chorley.

Room Tip: rooms on the front of the hotel are a bit quieter.
3  Thank susan b
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned yesterday with my 18 year old son and nephew...spot on for us all!
We were there over a weekend so plenty of large groups of stags, hens etc. The hotel also has an older clientele...I'm somewhere in the middle! The stand out memory is how well and how courtesy people were with each other and very respectful. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks the balance will shift to young only which may change the atmosphere but during our stay it was a pleasure.
Fantastically clean in all areas, clean towels daily no problem and because it is an older hotel the noise didn't really travel.
Perfect location for teenagers and myself...happy days

Room Tip: Pool side sunny late afternoon. I asked not to be to high which was acted on
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michele P
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just got back last night, had a great 10 nights, at this hotel. Did not expect much for £600.00 for the 10 nights, including flights and 1/2 board, read loads of info so was very wary, of what was to come, but we had a great time hotel in great position we laughed every meal time as you have to get your own cutlery and napkins. But hey, no problem. food was edible we have paid a lot more be fore, for worse food, Staff were very polite and helpful, pool side is very busy with the kid enjoying their selves, (so as two 60+) we were doing all of this when we were young, just wished we could have joined in.
Don't be worried this is everything you pay for and more.

3  Thank Lyn C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just came back from a three day stay at the Don Bigote. I wasn't expecting too much considering the very low price I paid but was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Room was clean, as was the pool area. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. Guests at the hotel were a mix of people, ranging from couples, young groups, families and older couples. Personally I didn't find the groups a problem, all very well behaved and considerate. Location was perfect, just a short stroll from the beach, and about a 15 minute walk from the livelier night life of magaluf. Would have preferred a room on a higher floor as our view from the first floor was just of the street below, not really the fault of the hotel just our personal preference. The air conditioning could do with some improvement, didn't seem to make a dent on the heat and I found it quite hard to get to sleep. Also after checkout you can leave your luggage at the hotel, however it is not in a locked room as I would have hoped, it is left under the stairs in the lobby out in the open, so wasn't too comfortable about leaving my belongings there, luckily it was all there upon our return.

I would stay here again as I still believe the hotel is good value for money

2  Thank pennyc94