“Great hotel for kids” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Just back from spending 9 nights at this hotel. There is nothing you can fault in this hotel. The hotel is on a hill but it is not that bad I am 6 months pregnant and I didn't find it a big deal. I think when you book all inclusive you know the food is not going to be amazing and eating in the same restaurant can get a bit boring after a week but you always find something to eat.The entertainment team were very good with the kids especially Lizzy and DVD don't know where they got there energy and patience from. The only tiny complaint I would have is the walls are paper thin and you can hear the cleaners hoovering etc at 7 in the morning as i didnt have hangovers it didn't bother me. Yes the sun bed rush is very funny and because I wake early I was in the middle of it you be knocked off your feet if you don't hurry very funny :)

Room Tip: Room 302 had a pool view and sun all day
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel was lovely to look at but it lacked in the chioce of children's entertainment a mini disco that started at 8.30 and finished at 9pm with all the same songs every time was not great.we where all ill with d and v whist staying here, we where 7 of us travelling together on this holiday and 5 of us where ill with d and v. myself and my son where still ill for a week after this holiday, whilst in the hotel i asked a few other guests if they had been ill and all of them had been ill for longer than 24hrs The maids had also been ill which makes me think that it was due to the hotel. Not a great deal of children's choice of food available only chips. My one boy lived on chocolate spread sandwiches.

The staff at the hotel where nice.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Birkenhead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here from 31/05-07/06 and can honestly say it is the best hotel we've ever stayed in.

I'll start with the so called 'negative' points people have described.

-Yes there are sun mad freaks who want to be up at the crack of dawn to secure a bed.
- Yes sometimes the tables have not all been cleared immediately after somebody has vacated them.
- Yes the entertainment is mainly focussed around children rather than adults.

But I ask you - are these issues really only exclusive to this hotel?? I think not. We spoke to people who were staying in other 4* hotels who were complaining about not having hot water, toilets that didn't flush, ants in their rooms etc so I think things could be a lot worse.

Now the positives:

The staff are the most hard-working people I have ever encountered in any aspect of my life. There must have been about 1000 people at least staying here, so obviously during busy meal times, there is going to be the odd table that doesn't get cleared immediately. We were a couple so a 2 seater table was always easy to find, I can understand how big groups may have had to wait a bit longer.
The bar staff do not stop. Literally. If they're not serving as quickly as they can behind the busy bar, they're out round the pool collecting glasses that the lazier folk haven't bothered to take back to the bar themselves. Antonio (Toni) the bar manager is a legend. Couldn't do enough for us, he made the holiday to be honest.
The reception staff again were so helpful and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. You can order a packed lunch if you are going out for the day (another thing guests of other hotels were amazed with), and its ready for you by 8.30 on the day.
The food was excellent in my opinion. Not only do you have a buffet style pass, but there is a chef who cooks different things infront of you at both breakfast and dinner. Last night he did steak and roast pork which was honestly the best I've ever tasted.
So all in all, I have to give this hotel 10/10. I was a bit worried myself about the reviews beforehand but had to make my point as strong as possible so that nobody helse has to suffer the same worry. You'll love it I promise.

Room Tip: e-mail them beforehand with your request. Pool view rooms might be noisier than sea view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Miller241082
sandhurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed here as a family with our 5 and 3 year old girls and had a great week. The staff at the hotel were very helpful, and both kids clubs were excellent. My girls absolutely adored all of the staff at both of them.

Food was standard all inclusive fare, but I would add there were different options each night. There are plenty of sunbeds around the 3 pools, and we found beds by whichever pool we wanted each day, without joining the comical line of people waiting to be let out at 8.30 to stick their towels down.

The evening entertainment is split between being kids orientated before 9.30, then an adult orientated show after that. The animations team of Lizzie, DVD, Miska and Ivan seem to work exceptionally hard to keep everyone entertained all through the day and evening.

The room was fairly basic, but to be honest we only spent time in it to sleep. The beach nearest the hotel is beautiful and only a 5 minute walk away (if that). Overall this is a good 3/4 star hotel with staff who work very hard to make your stay enjoyable. We loved every minute of our holiday here and would definitely stay here again.

4 Thank charlotteandpete2005
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

What a fanatstic place and resort!! Just got back from all inc May 21st til 4th June 2013 The hotel was very clean staff couldnt do enough 4u reception very welcoming and polite, food was excellent and loads of choice!! Pools was lovely and clean 2!! This hotel is defo a family 1 so if u have kids around 3yrs plus this one is for you!! The Thomas cook entertainment team creche was fantastic!! The entertainment team at night was great my children loved it and couldnt wait til the mini disco with Lizzy,,all the fuss about Lizzy is rubbish shes BRILL and brill with kids!! Her m8/boyfriend DVD was a great entertainer 2 very funny and roped u into all activities daily around the pool,,definatly bookin again next year!!!!!!! Cant wait to see u all again Lizzy, DVD, Miska, and Ivan!!!
Forgot to mention the hills more of an inkline and not that bad u'll understand once u have judged it yourself,,the beach to Magaluf and palma is 5mins each way and both beautiful! lovely and clear and white sands!! WISH I WAS THERE NOW :(

Room Tip: Pool View was alovely view!!
2 Thank Rachel S
Northallerton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Our 1st trip to a AI and abroad with our grandkids we could not have asked for a better hotel, they loved the 3 pools, play area and 5 a side football pitch, hotel kids club was great all the entertainers were very special and professional(thank you). As others have said the staff and management are excellent they assist/help in any way they can and listen attentively.

Yes at 8:30 you can sit on your balcony and watch the sunbed run (should be a Olympic sport) but we had no trouble finding somewhere to lay after our breakfast at 11:00, food good, they have a freshly cooked food section on the right for breakfast and dinner and a small outside restaurant (you have to book) in the grounds of the hotel with its own chef and waiter service which was a good as anywhere on my travels.

Queuing for drinks on some occasion’s yes there was a queue but if you had 40 people all going for a drink at the same time in your local pub you would have to wait but the majority of the time not a problem. Book a superior room as we had a separate bedroom for the kids (great). Less than 10 minutes to local beach on a gentle incline but not a problem to us or the kids.

Stag/Hen party’s there was a small group and the staff allowed them to enjoy themselves but when they got a bit “excited” they were told in no uncertain terms by the staff/management to cool it quickly or out!

Would I book this hotel as a couple no as a family definitely! gracias a todos!

Room Tip: Book early for a table at the resturant in the hotel grounds
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Blevo
Brighton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We have just got back from staying 7 nights at the Terrenova. My husband and myself travelled with our children aged 8, 3 and 11 months, and also my parents. On the whole we had a really lovely holiday. Although there is a bit of a hill it is only a short walk away from the beech which is absolutly beautiful. I had been concerned after reading reviews on here beforehand about stag/hen do's but I didn't actually notice any (but to be fair we did spend quite a bit of time out of the hotel). If u want a sun bed then u need to join the que at 8.30am with your towels ready to pounce (ludicrous). However saying that we always managed to find free beds during th day. All staff are very friendly and hotel very clean. Food was average, but staff seemed stretched and tables were taking ages to be cleared resulting in lots if ppl walking around looking for somewhere to sit. Pools were lovely looking but freezing! Free drinks and lollies...but not ice creams. One night my baby was sick all the night which I put down to maybe too much sun but from reading recent reviews on here I'm wondering if she had a bug that seemed to be going around. The best part by far was the kids clubs which my two eldest absolutly loved. Defiantly more a 3* than a 4.

Room Tip: We were fortunate enough to be given a room onlooking the pools which was lucky because I didn't...
1 Thank Natalie K