“Hotel Marina Torrenova - Average hotel”
Review of AluaSun Torrenova

AluaSun Torrenova
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Hotel Marina Torrenova - Average hotel”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I went with my husband and 11 year old daughter, she had a great time and loved everything, including the kids entertainment, especially the staff, we didn't see her for the majority of the time as she was either in the kids club or playing with other children. There is no doubt this hotel is family friendly, she made many friends. We thought the food was to a average quality, this appeared to be the general consensus of other guests as well, the food quality and choice slipped as the week went on, we think this was because the hotel was closing for the season, we checked out on the Saturday of it closing. The rooms were very basic, there were no tea/coffee making facilities in our room you were expected to pay a for a kettle which was 15 euros for the week, , there were only a choice of two ice lollies which were part of the all inclusive package, ice creams etc you had to pay extra for, which our daughter or we were not impressed with, you were also expected to pay for Wi-Fi and the games room. The rooms were clean and the staff were pleasant. Overall an average experience, not sure if we would stay there again though.

We also ventured to Katmandu, which is a theme park, it was expensive for what it was, in our opinion, not worth the money that we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank skaur2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

stayed here for a week in October ,just got back .as soon as we arrived our rooms were ready the reception staff were very friendly said if we wasn't happy with our room they'd change it ,in fact they change it twice (nothing wrong with the rooms ) just my mums very fussy ! the staff couldn't do enough for you .I received a phone call from home to say my sons phone had been stolen and I couldn't reach my phone company from my phone because it kept going to the Spanish line so I asked the hotel manager if he could speak to them for me instead he let me use the hotel phone which I was on it about 45 mins to phone the company in England ,when I asked how much I owed for the call he didn't charge me .the whole atmosphere in the hotel really chilled and happy ,the maids cleaned the room everyday there was entertainment on every night even though it was the end of season and the entertainment they had on for kids was brill i'm sorry now i'd didn't take mine they would of love it .the restaurant is on the bottom floor but there are 3 lifts to get there breakfast is on till 10.30 and its really nice you can get fresh well done bacon ! lunch snacks dinner all the food was absolutely gorgeous steaks lamb pork stews I can not fault this hotel or staff i'm definitely going to take my family here next year

Room Tip: best to have a pool view it sunny side to get a sea view you need 4th floor plus
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank simone n
Forfar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of October this year. We were there for a 5 night stay, all inclusive. The food choice was good and the staff were very helpful. We had a room that overlooked the pool. The room was clean and very adequate.
I would recommend this hotel to friends with children, the hotel was set up for dealing with families with children.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have the best view over Torrenova
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 25/10/2013 for 4 nights as a last minute break, after reading all the reviews from people that had stayed here previously, it was a bit mixed but after staying there myself I can honestly say that from start to finish myself my wife and 9 year old daughter absolutely loved it, all of the staff were great and always has a smile for you from reception staff to cleaners, from arriving we found the hotel extremely clean, rooms very clean and cosy, in my opinion the food was excellent with massive choice for everybody, soft drink, spirits, larger all of very good quality(San Miguel) was the larger and was NOT watered down as some people have said it is, all in all a fantastic hotel, book this hotel with confidence you won't be disappointed and if you are you must be one if the fussy ones that complain over the slightest thing.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Smallsy78
Largs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I went with my mum and dad from the 7th to the 14th of October. The check in was quick. The rooms were tidy with a tv and a fridge. The food is AMAZING !!!! Even if you are picky you will always find something to eat. On Thursday nights there is a profiteroles tower which are lovely !!!!! There's three pools including an splash pool with slides there's also a park and a football pitch. The entertainment team was brilliant Marco was the best !!!!!! The night time entertainment was really good !!!!!! I would definetly recommend this hotel especially for families with kids x

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
york
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Having just got back after 9 nights ,we really enjoyed this hotel . The hotel staff were very polite,checking in was very well organised by a pretty girl.The hotel was very clean,the pool area was very crowded but we went to the nice beach just 3mins away.Beware though 13.50 euros for 2 beds and brolley on the beach.The bar staff were kept busy all day,i thought they could have done with a couple more on an evening,they work very hard and do there best to keep the queue down.The food was brilliant ,great choice morning ,dinner and night.you can book the italian night free of charge brilliant Great location for beach and bars and a little walk into magaluf.For the price you couldnt knock it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mansfield
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This was our first experience of all inclusive and we were not disappointed. The hotel was clean, the rooms were of a good standard, the food choice was excellent and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Would definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple