Arrived as a group of 3 girls who wanted a relaxing weekend in the sun without being surrounded by loads of stag and hen do's. First thing we noticed as we arrived is big groups of women in reception all dressed up, I asked the man on reception for quiet rooms and we wanted piece and quiet and he just replied with 'it's a family hotel' so we thought it would be ok. Whilst there were lots of family's there, there were also groups of rowdy, loud, women and men who seem to like to come back at 1,2,3,4,5 in the morning, bang into doors, shout, swear and hang around in the corridor making as much noise as possible. We were on the 3rd floor and it seems like the noisiest people in the works also stayed on this level.
I am very disappointed that noting was done about this and it continued for the 3 nights we were there, I had the worst 3 nights sleep, it's no way a hotel aimed for families as it was full up of stag and hen parties who have no regard for others who are trying to get sone sleep, is it too much to ask customers to refrain from making so much noise all through the night? Quite intimidating at times.
The wifi was 5 euros per day which was expensive, food was mostly Luke warm and not the best choices either and the only option of drink at lunch time was an orange juice, apparently tea and coffee are only allowed at breakfast!
The rooms were ok but some sound proofing would of been appreciated or some doors that don't slam quite so loud so you don't get started and jump in your sleep time after time through the night.
Reception staff.... On checking in we weren't really given any information on anything to do with the hotel, where things were, facilities etc apart from a printed sheet, it says snacks but then you have to search for where to go for them and still didn't have a clue as thought maybe down in restaurant but that was closed until lunch time when it opened at 1pm.
Drinks....good selection but 2 drinks per person is bit over top, 3 of us so 2 went to get us 6 drinks between us 3 and the man said no, your friend has to come up for her own two, crazy
Up the hill ok, didn't realise right near magluf as never would of gone there otherwise, definitely won't stay here again or recommend to anyone as over all I am disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your AluaSun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- AluaSun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca