We've just returned from a weeks all inclusive at marina torrenova. The first thing I would say is ignore the bad reviews as I really don't understand where they are coming from. You get exactly what you pay for here. We paid £1600 last minute for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 & 4. The food was good and always a suitable variety although a week of eating various flavours of mousse for dessert did take it's toll haha! The gala nights were also Ok but had lots of seafood which I don't like but my husband loved. Hotel reception and public areas were very nice and always kept immaculate. Staff were all extremely friendly. The rooms themselves are basic but since you're only in there to wash, change and sleep in they are perfectly acceptable. Our room of 4 single beds made it very tight to move around but the addition of a fridge in each room is a great touch. The pillows are fine but pretty skinny, nothing a call to reception for some extra pillows wouldn't sort! As with the other reviews the pool situation is quite laughable. You need to be downstairs around 0800-0815 to queue up for the door to be opened at 0830 to get your towels on sun loungers. Most folks head straight for the main pool and shallow kids pool. We spent the week down at the kids splash pool which is much quieter and never had the on mass sprint for sun loungers but you do still need to get down pretty early to get a decent spot. Plenty parasols/shaded areas around both kids pools but none around the main pool. Evening entertainment was good fun for both kids and adults. Kids shows, adult music quizzes etc although we never did win at the bingo but was still good fun. The entertainment team really do a fantastic job and work tirelessly. On the AI drinks note, alcoholic drinks are served in plastic half pint glasses which works well, not tiny glasses as mentioned in other reviews. You can only get 2 drinks at once but my husband got himself two beers at the start of the evening (estrella beer and not flat in the slightest) then went back for a vodka for me. Large measures meant my one drink lasted his two beers. Large queues at the bar is normal but they move very quickly so not an issue either. The only bad points about this hotel I would raise is that the bedroom floors never seemed to be swept very well, a bit of a pain coming out of the shower each night and having to dust off your feet before putting your shoes on. Also although this is an AI hotel you still have to pay for kids snacks in the evening (crisps, lollies etc) and although the bar menu mentions ice cream is included it is not. Only basic ice lollies, you need to pay for the ice cream cones! I also agree with some other reviews that some parents did let their kids run wild whilst they took advantage of the AI drinks till midnight. Most nights we would sit on our balcony and watch the little demons push sun loungers into the pool and generally run around screaming causing havoc. This was the most off putting element of the whole holiday and is in no way a reflection of the hotel itself and was probably just our bad luck. We probably wouldn't return here but only on the basis that we generally like to do our own thing and don't like to be restricted to set eating times. This is the first time we've done AI in europe and will likely b the last. For info although the restaurant serves evening meals till 9:30 the kids station closed at 8:30 which we learnt on the first night. All in we did have a fab holiday and would recommend if you like the AI set up, it just wasn't for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alua Sun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- Alua Sun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca