“Amazing bar staff!”

Hotel Tropico Playa
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I have just got back from a two week stay at the hotel tropico and it was a holiday that stands out and that I will remember forever! All the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. The members that I got on with well were very friendly and treated us like personal friends these are Juan, Bernardo and Antonio!

Will definitely return after I saved up again!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank TyBurgess
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I spent a week here with my Daughter and 2 Grandaughters, ages 6yrs & 10yrs. The hotel has a perfect location. Right across the road from a lovely beach, with loads of shops etc around. The boat trips leave from opposite the hotel. The hotel itself-the staff are all very friendly, efficient and helpful. Mary, the childrens entertainer is brilliant, and soon gets to know all the childrens names. I cant fault the food, always plenty of choice at every meal, and well cooked. The only downside to this hotel is the pool, its quite small but would suffice, its the area around it that is a problem. One long side of the pool just has a wall, the other long side is taken up by the bar/snacks, and the tv lounge, so no sunbeds at all, only on the shorter ends of the pool, and these packed very close togethor. We used the beach all the time, which was lovely, but of course we had to pay for sun-loungers there. Our room was a family room, and was the biggest I have seen anywhere, it was old fashioned [who cares] but was kept spotlessly clean. Our room was also in the block that doesnt have a lift, so after going up a flight of stairs near reception we then went through a door to the outside, where there were many steps up to our block, once inside we then had to go up another flight of stairs to our room. Coming down one day my Grandaughter and I decided to count the steps/stairs, and found there were 66/67. So if you book this hotel you need to tell them in advance if you need to be in the blocks with a lift. On saying that, I found this hotel exceptional value, and would go there again with my husband, but not with children who like a pool.

Room Tip: email in advance for rooms in main building
Reviewed 2 September 2011

we found the hotal great and the staff.
we stopped in room 119 maybe a little dated but the room was still clean and tidy.
all staff was very frendly and could speak english well.
we are looking at booking again next year been told beach view rooms are the best
anyway see you all again soon and thank you for a lovely stay :)

1  Thank carl j
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Had an amazing time, Staff were very helpful, food very tasty and great selection , evening entertainment was great couldnt say a bad word about the place will definately be back .

4  Thank neileo1978
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have just returned from our 2 week stay at the hotel last Thursday and had a fantastic time and will most definitely be booking for next year.

Like others, I had read the reviews on the website and had emailed the manager in advance to confirm our booking and received a quick and timely response from her.

We travelled as family with 2 children aged 11 and 9 and on arrival were given a great family room overlooking the sea. During our stay, we did not hear of anyone with a booking being turned away and I know from speaking to people at the pool that the hotel had actually taken some guests from other hotels that had been overbooked!

While the rooms were basic they were kept immaculate with cleaners coming in everyt day to clean, refresh beds, towels etc. Again, saw complaints re decor on the website - who goes on holiday to stay in the room!!

The location is second to none, overlooking an amazing beach and right beside shops, restaurants etc.

The food in the hotel was excellent, all really well cooked and a great variety to suit all ages and tastes. We really loved the little flowers and animals that the chefs had taken the time to cut from fruit and vegetables. These little extras that, to be perfectly honest they did not need to do, made all the difference and showed the pride they take in their work.

People have complained about the 2 drink rule at the bar but this was not a problem for us. Because people where only allowed 2 drinks at a time, it meant that any queue moved quickly and people did not waste 6/7 drinks at the end of the evening, which is evident in a lot of other 'all inclusive' hotels! At the very peak times, we queued for no more than 4/5 minutes!

The final point I would like to make is on the staff - I honestly cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel. They worked tirelessly - some of them on the breakfast shift and still on the bar later that evening - and were always friendly and polite. I honestly could not say one bad word about any of the staff - the dining room staff were extremely friendly and Miguel and the others, took time to speak to the children, banter the boys re football tops etc and nothing was too much bother for them. Gail ran the pool bar effortlessly and always with a smile.

I know that some people had added poor reviews to Trip Advisor but I honestly think that these are the type of people that you could never please!!!

I feel that this hotel is excellent value for money and me and my family really enjoyed it.

10  Thank lucy_mcauley
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my family and another family we had a great time hotel very clean, well situated and staff so friendly! I read reviews before i went and was a bit worried about the food etc I had no need to be the food was lovely and plenty to choose from, I don't know what some people want!! So if anyone has booked and are worried about it DON'T be a holiday is what you make it and staying in this hotel made ours a brilliant holiday,, so good we have already booked for next summer:)

7  Thank leigh-anne p
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hotel itself is old fashioned, no TV's in the rooms, not that you would need them. This is the first year the hotel was All Inclusive, the food was very basic, and not alot of variety, but that said we didn't go hungry. The pool is very small and not alot of room around the pool. Poolside bar was great, and the lady who ran it was fantastic. No problem with any of the staff, all really friendly, and great with the kids.

We had no entertainment the week we was there as she was poorly, so it was very dull during the day. There is alot of groups of males and females, we had no problems with noise, although other guests had huge problems, and wasn't getting any better.

Not all rooms can be got to by a lify, so consider this. Great central location which is one of the reasons we booked. We would look next time for a hotel with a bigger pool etc, but we would go back as the price was good.

1  Thank woosterpatch