“great hotel”

Hotel Tropico Playa
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was
Brill food different every day and was very good hubby loved the full English breakfast as for the bar staff what can I say was fantastic all spoke great English and went out of there way to help the receptionist was very helpful always had a smile for you all the guests were great had a brilll time and are returning again in september

Room Tip: We had room 208 looks right out to the beach
5  Thank offey2014
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tropico Playa

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Tropico Playa for 4 nights and would definitely stay there again. Due to a mobility problem from a recent knee injury we wanted an all inclusive holiday with easy access to the Palma Nova prom.
Looking at the other reviews we thought they were mostly good so decided to give it a go. I am so glad we did. The staff are very polite and the Scottish lady on reception made sure we had a room near the lift so I didn't have to walk far. The sun terrace overlooking the prom is lovely and I can see why so many older people choose the Tropico.
The meals were good and they catered for a variety of tastes (including vegetarian) and the drinks were good quality, not the cheap imitations.
Our room was basic and clean. Towels were changed regularly but a plug socket near the mirror in the room would have been useful so I could to sit down to do my hair. (had to stand in the bathroom)
The entertainment was varied and they had a Robbie Williams tribute that was fantastic, and I'm not a Robbie fan
As regular visitors to Palma Nova (and Magaluf in the quiet season) I rate the Tropico much better than the Sol Hotels we have stayed in. In my opinion, anyone who can find fault with it should have booked a four star instead.

8  Thank Anneiev
Reviewed 20 June 2014

we have just returned from 2 weeks at the tropico on the 18th june and here is my review.. the hotel has probably the best location in palma nova,10 yards from the beach...the food was as you would expect from a 3 star hotel, plenty of good choices,salads at least 3 main choices plus vegetarian ,pasta ,soup etc etc ,the breakfasts were excellent, i really do not know why people complain , unless they want 5 star meals from a good 3 star hotel...all the staff are excellent.. the bar staff, pool barman and every single one of the restaurant staff are superb they make your holiday.. maid service is 6 days a week and the hotel is cleaned every single day....there are new safes in each room,at a small cost so there is no excuse not to hire one especially when your travel insurance is invalid if you do not hire one, the bathrooms are getting a little bit dated and could possibly need refurbishing in the near future the rooms have A/C...... reception are helpful,if you need them.... you can take your drinks and ice lollies from the pool bar to the beach if you want...the pool is smallish and the area is a bit crowded and there is the normal sun bed rush at 9am that goes over my head as there is a good beach on the door step... there is a tv in the upper lounge [next to the poolbar] but there are no tvs in the rooms, but that did,nt bother us as we came for the sun not the tv the hotel has wi fi at 20 euros a week...overall the hotel provides an excellent service... but i would say its not a holiday for children, but would recommend it to every one else.....we will be back.

4  Thank Mackem3773
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Tropico last week and what a good time we had. The staff are superb,the rooms clean the beds hard.
Food was OK you won't starve in this hotel, and for you who don't like the food MacD's is across the road!
We would return again.

Thanks to all the staff and the reception .

Chris and Helen.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank B2VSC
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 days this week , great location just over road from beach . Hotel was clean but rooms are a getting a little bit dated . Barmen were very generous with their drink measures and were all very helpful . I personally didn't rate the food not what I would of expected from a 3 Star but again the staff were lovely .

Room Tip: Ask for seaview
1  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, dated decor, food ok. The restaurant and bar staff are lovely and fun. not until I got back to Britain that I discovered all my sterling gone ! Very clever who ever they were. How does anyone get in apart from me and the cleaner ? Buy a safe people

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just got back from here and had a great time. The staff were so friendly and for the price its the best all inclusive I've been to. Wide range of spirits, cocktails, crisps, slushes, sandwiches all day. The meals had about 5 hot options a day and rarely saw them repeated. Wifi was an additional cost (20Euro/Wk I think)

My room was very clean when we got there and had maid service everyday (except Mondays)
View from room was not great but didnt really need the balcony. Many are sea facing but mine faced a wall. Perfect location for us, across the road from the beach and just a 10 minute walk into Magaluf. The bar lacks a 'bar feel' and the entertainment was a bit naff. If you want a drinking holiday this is a good place to start but you will need to move on to bars (next door two pints for 3Euro!) and not much for kids. If you want a relaxing pool holiday its perfect.

I wont waste time on my holidays taking pictures and botch paint jobs and bad tile grouting! If this bothers you pay more for a higher starred hotel :)

Room Tip: Take earplugs for a good night sleep, those doors slam!
3  Thank Normalaka