“Great location”

Hotel Tropico Playa
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Just back with my wife ,very nice hotel with great views we were in room 524 possibly the best room for views? Rooms were very old fashioned and could do with an upgrade but heh it's just somewhere to put your head at night, food was a bit mixed, sometimes lukewarm, but on a whole was ok, pool area was very small and tight and could do with new loungers, staff were very friendly, overall great wee hotel mainly for couples, would consider going back again, one downside 18 euros a week for safe is a bit on the hefty side but then again am a tight scotsman☺

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Myself & my husband both stayed here between 19th -26th June, on arrival we were met by lovely receptionist who was very helpful. He showed us to our rooms which was room 428, a beautiful view over the sea. The rooms are very clean and the maid service is excellent, although we did find the beds a little on the hard side (nothing like your home comforts). The staff are all lovely and polite and always willing to help, in particular, Olaf (the pool bar man), I cannot understand earlier comments on here about them been miserable, because this clearly wasn't the case, they work the longest hours, so I expect the word used would be tired. The food in the restaurant was gorgeous, there was something different everyday with lots of choice. There is also champagne served for breakfast should you wish, once again the staff there are very helpful. Despite their long hours they were always polite and smiled, they kept the small children amused, gave them balloons etc, always had lots of time for you. The bar area on an evening is very comfortable and the entertainment was very good. After the bar closes there is local bars that you can go, with fantastic entertainment (the Stadium). Is a must. We will definitely be going again, thinking of going a little later in the year, perhaps October time.
Many thanks to all the staff that made our holiday a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: A room with pool and sea view are the best, I cannot comment on any other rooms as this was my first...
3  Thank BaldieDD
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed 12-26 June 2014.
Firstly , ignore those who have given this a bad rating /review as you get what you pay for and I thought it was excellent value for money.
Staff are very friendly which gives it a good atmosphere
The hotel is opposite the beach and close to lots of shops , bars and about a 15 min walk to Magaluf .
Bus stop is close by on opposite side of hotel to Palma , they run regularly and costs €3.15 each way. Bus 106 is the express bus that doesn't have many stops.
I found the food to be good , the full English breakfast was delicious , lunches I thought were better than the evening meal but there was always a good choice.
My stay was all inclusive , you help yourself in the restaurant , there is a pool bar and a bar in the main hotel , good selection of soft drinks ( Pepsi & sprite etc) and good local alcoholic drinks . They give you massive measures so beware ! You don't wear a wristband but the staff remember you and what your favourite tipple is! There is a terrace where you can sit with your drink which must be the envy of every other hotel and bar as it over looks the sea and you can people watch .
My room was 523 and had a fantastic view of the whole bay. Towels were changed daily and bedding twice weekly. There is no TV or hair dryer and take an extension cable as no plug near the dressing table. Rooms cleaned daily except Mondays and were spotless., comfortable and a good size.
The pool area is small but never had a problem getting a bed if we wanted one but we preferred the lovely beach opposite and they didn't mind you taking drinks , ice creams and lollies from the bar .
The entertainment was ok but not great, they had a few tribute shows , parrot show and an illusionist. The best night was when they had a young DJ who played chill out music.
There is wifi in the hotel but is expensive , go to macdonalds across the road where it is free .
The only thing that let the hotel down for me was that there was often dirty plates amongst the clean ones in the restaurant which they need to address .
Overall this hotel is basic and could do with some updating but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and felt I received very good value for money .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Laters5aby
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel between the 9th & 14th of June ...we have been to palma nova on several occasions, we both like the area very much and have stayed in various hotels but I have to say this was one of the worst ones we have stayed in ...our room 106 (if you are given this room then refuse it) was disgusting ...very dated, which I could have coped with BUT the bathroom was disgusting chipped bath door needed replacing all split and dirty, toilet only flushed once in a hour overflow pipe was a disgrace, balcony door had all dirty finger marks over it never had that been cleaned for us arriving ....I went and spoke to receptionist to say I was not happy with room, she asked for my room no when I told her she said " oh that's one of our better rooms" .... well if that is the case I would not want to be in them...She told me she could not do anything I would have to return the next day to see the manager, as that would have been day three of a six day break we just decided to leave it but in hindsight I really wished I had followed our complaint through .Regarding the food breakfast was quite good normal all inclusive however we had spaghetti bolognaise on one evening then the following lunch time and then again that evening!!!! ....On a positive note it is one of the friendliest hotels that we have ever been to regarding other guests and we met some really lovely people also bar and restaurant staff were all very friendly & helpful. It amazed me and my husband how many people were on there fifth & sixth stay there and yet they had issues with there room having to get all hair & dirt out of the plug in there bath as the water would not run down plug hole UGH For us it is definitely a no return ..The final nail in the coffin so to speak was when my husband and I went to get our cases cand things out of the safr , apparently check out was 12.00 we went to our room at 11.35 and our room key would not work !! we got the maid to let us in and then the safe would not work ..just a complete joke!!!.Location is excellent friendliness excellent hotel NOT

Room Tip: Not sure but NOT 106....Don't bother asking for specific floor room view etc as I rang the day b...
2  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a review. If you are under the age of 60 please beware this hotel is not for you. Whilst the location is fantastic the ammenities and the entertainment is terrible. I cannot understand anyone who would take a family. The pool is tiny and there is nothing for children to do. Infact I never sa anyone use the pool at all and it is not clearly marked for health and safety at all. The food is ok but nothing exciting. We went all inclusive and just used it for the drinks and toast in the morning it was the same food everyday. I think this hotel would struggle to be a 2 star. I have stayed in nicer travelodges in the UK.
The staff are also very rude and the hotel is always overbooked. When I arrived my group had 3 rooms booked only to be told my a very aggressive manager there was only 1 room available and we would have to stay at a hotel down the road. No apologies were given and i think this must happen all of the time.
I really would consider staying someone where much nicer with nicer food and pool. The location was the only plus as it was dirty and I heard a lot of people saying they did not trust leaving possesions in the hotel room. BEWARE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jamie l
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just retd. from a week stay in Tropico Playa. When I made my booking with them, I asked for a pool or sea view as on my previous visit the view was very poor, roof top building. I was certainly very pleaded with the view this time, overlooking the golf and out over the bay and the small pool Room 305... A nice touch was a little bottle of Cava and welcome back note. Thank you for this. Now the actual hotel, a little dated yes but extremely clean. I had a very comfortable bed, looked like a new matress. with clean bedlinen twice during my stay, also clean towels almost every day. Again thanks must go to all the staff, who are the friendliest I have ever met
Geraldine, Mary, Cisco, Pedro they all make you very welcome.
The food generally quite good, sometimes could have been a little warmer, but I just ate it that little bit quicker..
All in all a good choice for myself who travelled alone, and felt very safe.
Congratulations to Pepe O. Roses, commercial director, for the very prompt reply to my e-mails,
a rare thing now days. have now booked a another stay for Septmeber.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mary61050
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was
Brill food different every day and was very good hubby loved the full English breakfast as for the bar staff what can I say was fantastic all spoke great English and went out of there way to help the receptionist was very helpful always had a smile for you all the guests were great had a brilll time and are returning again in september

Room Tip: We had room 208 looks right out to the beach
5  Thank offey2014