“Take your ear plugs with you as it can get very noisy”
Review of BelleVue Vistanova

BelleVue Vistanova
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
manchester
“Take your ear plugs with you as it can get very noisy”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here 9-16th June 2012 and was very disappointed with the size of the room and balcony, you could hardly swing a cat in either. We asked at reception if we had the right room as we were positive we had booked a one bedroom hotel room and we were told we had booked a 'room' not a one bedroom. The balcony only just fitted the two chairs and table on but you couldn't manouvre past them once one of the chairs was being sat on. The hotel is full of groups of young lads and girls (both Spanish and English) and with that comes lots of shouting and loud music until daylight each morning. Rooms have a safe in each room that can be rented. We were under the impression when we booked that the hotel had a gym and also there were mini bars in each room, this information is incorrect. Very basic rooms, although they did have air conditioning and tv channels are few and far between (only about 3 English channels BBC2, BBC3 and film 4).

The hotel staff were all brilliant and very helpful and friendly. The food was okay and quite adequate. The location is superb for the beach and night life.

As long as you know what to expect you will love it but take your ear plugs with you as they will enable you to get a good nights sleep.

For what we paid we did get an excellent deal.

Room Tip: if you want to take children and babies I wouldn't bother. If you have walking difficulties thi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Torrevieja, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
Reviewed 9 June 2012

If we had taken notice of reviews we would not have gone!For a 3 star hotel,excellent.Food was good,plenty of choice and hot.Hotel was very clean and well kept and maid service was excellent.Very well situated,5 mins to beach and 5 mins to Blue Bar Restaurant overlooking bay,excellent bar for midday snacks and drinks.The only downside is the drunken louts from you know where who were in nearby hotels and apartment blocks,but we did not let them spoil our holiday.Overall a superb hotel,very competitive price for 3 star,would certainly go again.I might add that we did not have any rif-raf staying in the hotel during our stay,young and old,no problem,mostly Brits.The only downside,like most hotels out of season,no evening entertainment ,only TV.The pool and area around were great but could have a bit more shade option?Try it,i do not think you will be dissapointed!Martin& Brenda,Alicante

Room Tip: Hope to get a room 4th or 5th floor overlooking pool,and if you are arriving after 20.30 (Spanish ti...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Like many of the reviewers, i was very apprehensive about staying at this hotel because of the bad reviews. However, i was very surprised. The hotel was clean and tidy, food was good, something for everyone. I'm struggling to find something negative to say about this hotel. Was near to the bottom of the strip but depending on where in the hotel you are staying the noise could be an issue. The noise from the strip wasn't an issue for us as we were furthest from the strip.
Would stay at this hotel again without question.

1 Thank NicoleC613
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My daughter and i were put in this hotel by Ola Holidays as they said hotel we booked was full. Yes i know in May !!!
Argued with them that this was not in Palma Nova, ( i should know lived there for 3 years) Their advisors had never been.
Actual didn't mind the location, even being at the top of the strip. Hotel was clean, maid service every day, friendly, food average but you wouldn't starve! Only bad point staff didn't have the backbone to stand up to the few inconsiderate animals who were staying there. They were actual Norwegian not British women in their late 30's (guessing). They caused havoc and should have been turfed out. If the staff get a grip this would be a very pleasant hotel. Musical rooms was the favourite game due to unruly nerds. Apart from that great exercise walking up and down the hill !

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask to change room due to noisy guests, it's the norm !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fliss B
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Before I start, I am the worst moaner about hotels !!!.Just got back today and loved this hotel & staff.

Ok, can be a bit noisy at night so would not say this hotel is for people with children,but I never heard anything !!!! but I was p?ssed the 5 nights we stayed LOL. This hotel I would say is the second best we have stayed in.People did moan about the food while we where there but they never tried anything as did not like the sound off some food ??? Errr try before you judge ? there was 2 girls we met on our first night who only had chips and salad every night until we arrived ? I got some food for them and made them try it ! Oh yes they loved it,from then on they had tried all the food and was full up every night. Trust me, I have been to many hotels where I refused to eat there, but this hotel is good.You can check my other reviews !!.

If you are worried about some reviews on here ? don't be, they see the food and don't try it ? even my mate who I went with is a fussy food eater but loved the food in fact the greedy git went up for seconds lol the only moan he had was no fried eggs in the morning but there was scrambled egg which I thought was nice and tasty.

We left money out in our room and it was still there after the cleaners had been in ? I would say this hotel is one of the best we had stayed in so friendly and clean. If you do get a room facing the strip ask them to change you to another room, they will move you as friends we met had been moved as they where not drinkers lol. I do think in the summer there will not be enough sun beds around the pool for everyone,so you might get people putting towels out at night to save there space for the morning ? my thoughts ? before you go to bed have a look around the pool to see if any towels are laid and if there are !!!! put them in the pool !!!!!!!!! they won't do that again ? me and my mate done this twice at 4am lol

Thanks Vistanova for a great holiday we shall be back in Sept.

5 Thank markwoods39
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

we arrived at the vistanova hotel on the 12th may 2012 and after reading some of the reviews i must admit i was a bit sceptical, the hotel was extremely clean and very quiet (considering its a 5min walk to magaluf strip) our room was a triple and very spacious, the food ill admit was awful but we diddnt eat much there anyway so we wernt bothered, pool area was small but sufficent most of the staff were friendly but must admit one of the male night staff was a pest he rang our room phone at 1.15am and said there was a message for me and i had to go down to get it... strange huh when i got there he realised i had my two friends with me and said there was no message as you can expect i was a bit freaked out after that! we went for 3nights 4days and in the whole time we were there we never seen or bumped into any drug dealers/prostitutes, the nightlife was amazing and jumpin jacks is a personal fave we are planning to go back in late august this year we enjoyed ourselfs that much but wouldnt reccomend any young girls leave the room alone through the night oh and round the side of the hotel there are steps leading down to the strip to save you going up the hill! I would reccomend the room safe i paid 20euros deposit (which is refunded on the last day providing u keep your reciept) and 3euros 50 per night, this is NOT a family holiday for kids and this hotel is definately not late and lively but overall would reccomend, an amazing place to have a good time providing you are safe and cautious so go carefull and have fun!!! :D

Room Tip: sea view rooms the view is great and quieter than others.
3 Thank 129Jeks
chester-le-street
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel was located nearer to magaluf than what you would call palma nova. I would not recomend this hotel if you had kids due to the noise levels from the strip however i would recomend this hotel to those wishing for a more livelier holiday. One critisim is the fact there was only one socket in the room so useage had to be planned in order to keep phones charged and of course you cant watch the television whilst this is happening. The food was well presented and varied everyday with pleasent staff. As for the resort whilst i enjoyed my previous stays it has become very seedy with prostitutes and drug dealers on almost every corner who just like the touts from the bars constantly harras anyone going past and for this reason I personaly would never go again as i dont need this on my holidays. In short if you go this is a great hotel but the area is no longer a nice area which is a pity.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple