“Best Budget Hotel EVER! Highly recommended.”
Review of Hotel Gabarda

Hotel Gabarda
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 15 October 2010

So you're going to Palma Nova on quite a tight budget... You want a good cheap hotel with fantastic customer service, good hangover food, a nice, friendly atmosphere, with cheap drinks to start off you evening out. Look no further... I stayed at Hotel Gabarda when I went on a very short 3 day trip in June and I can safely say it was an absolute DELIGHT!!! I cannot praise the staff enough, they were all so friendly and helpful and welcoming we felt really at home immediately. They helped us book a day trip to see some caves and their advice was impartial and genuinely useful. The rooms were basic as you'd expect in a budget hotel but they were clean and pleasant, with a balcony and en suite fascility. It's a hotel that attracts young guests so probably not a place for families as we did get woken up one night at 4am with someone trying to get into our room, clearly inebriated from a night out down the road in Magaluf, but we found it quite funny after the initial confusion... Even if I wasn't on such a tight budget I would definitely return to Hotel Gabarda purely for the customer service and value for money.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilikesunshine86

Reviewed 1 August 2010

Stayed at the Gabarda with 6 friends, on our end of school holiday. All the staff are absolutely fantastic - incredibly helpful, lovely people and will do as much for you as possible. The hotel is about 10 mins from the beach (much less busy than the Magaluf beaches) and about a 25/30 min walk from the clubs and bars in Magaluf (taxis are only about 6euros though). Only downsides to the hotel are there is no air con in the rooms, just ceiling fans so it is pretty hot at night and the hotel pool is really quite small, so we went to the beach every day. I paid for bed and breakfast, but only made it to breakfast once in the week (it finishes at 11am) so consider whether or not you want to get up for it. This hotel really is perfect for people my age (18) and cheaper than the much noisier hotels in Magaluf. This was the best holiday I've ever been on!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The hotel was clean, staff were very friendly and the bar was 24 hours with some good value drinks & food.

Pool was clean and large enough for the size of hotel. The only down side was that you can only use the showers for 10 minutes as the drainage is not that good and trust me you WILL flood your room!

All in all, a great hotel, very close to all ameneties and 10 minute walk from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShelleyTimbs
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I went to Majorca last year and I'm planning a holiday this year to Tenerife and have found it hard finding reviews for the hotel I want then realized I didn't leave a review for the Gabarda!

My holiday was a last minute thing and to be quite honest with you I went with the cheapest option which was the Gabarda. It is quite a small hotel. Each room has a little balcony but we had one which faced the back and in all honesty I don't think any of them have a great view but never the less it's nice to chill out and have a couple of drinks before you head out on the town.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. From the receptionists to the barman to the cook, they're absolutely lovely and will stop you thinking of your hangover in the morning with their cheeriness and helpful manners. The cook is by far the funniest, we ending up paying about £10 extra for breakfast for two weeks and it was definitely worth the money. Had a fry up every morning! The receptionists were very helpful, whenever we decided we wanted to go on a day trip somewhere or on an excursion they were full of information and ready to help at every opportunity so if you know you want to go out somewhere for the day but not quite sure where ask them they're very helpful!

The rooms were basic. Two beds, a wardrobe, a dressing table, mirror and bathroom. The weren't very big but the maids kept the place very clean. The only downside was we didn't have a plug for the bath, there was no air conditioning and we did not get a fridge. If you are planning on staying here I would definitely recommend paying the little extra to get a fan and if possible a fridge as you really do need a cold drink!

The only other downside to the hotel is the pool was tiny and we got up about 10am and the few sunbeds that were there were already occupied or had towels on (there was only about 10 - if that). If you're a pool person this hotel is definitely not for you! Other than that though everything else about the hotel and for the money we paid was excellent.

The beach and restaurants are no more than a 2 minute walk away. As you get down to the beach front (not sure what the restaurant is called) but its on the corner on the left is a nice little Italian restaurant. Ate there a couple of times and the food is good and the prices are reasonable. However, I would warn you that we also ate at the restaurant on the corner to the right and my friend found a bug in her food and my pizza was horrible and the staff did nothing about it, would not recommend that place! All in all I think most of the restaurants in Palma Nova are just ok, we didn't find anywhere that I can say we wrote home about. We did take a day trip down to Santa Ponsa and ate in a lovely chinese restaurant there (sorry I am useless with names).

There are a couple of cheaper bars at the far end of the beach at Palma Nova I think one was called Cheeky's or something random like that. The barman were funny and good entertainment. It didn't get too busy so we managed to request a few of our favourite songs before we headed down to the main strip. On a couple of occasions we walked there which took around 20minutes I think but you can jump in a cab which I think was about €5 or not much more. We went to Revolution a couple of times drinks were about €4 and free to get in. Later we went to clubs and by that time we were quite drunk so I have no idea what they were called but ended up going quite late and I think they were about €10 to get in. Or BCM I heard was €40 all inclusive.

So anyway, the hotel was good for the money, basic but clean. Not too far from the craziness of the Magaluf night life but far away enough to get a good nights sleep! The staff are excellent and the beach is nearby and lovely. If you chose this hotel for a trip with friends you've made a good decision!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HolidayHappy11
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Being older travellers we were a bit wary given the previous reviews. However because we went slightly out of season the hotel had many older people staying so it wasn't quite as rowdy as we may have expected. The truth is that the hotel is very basic, very dated and will never be anything else - how can it be when the walls are paper thin and the beds are as uncomfortable as you can get. Our room was cleaned only 3 times in the week we were there. It must be said that all of the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was lovely (and the lady chef was brilliant). If you want a cheap break and are not too worried about cleanliness then go and enjoy even if you are no longer 21.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronandshe
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Just back from a fantastic week staying at the Gabarda. Rooms were clean and a reasonable size for three friends sharing. Although basic, we were still pleasantly surprised considering the price we paid. The service provided was excellent and the 24 hour bar is a bonus. Found bar prices compared to those elsewhere. Pool is very small, but no surprises there, pictures from the Gabarda website are accurate. Beach is very clean and only a short walk away. Great value for money holiday and we will definately be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fionabear
Reviewed 20 September 2009

just home from hotel gabarda, room was very clean but no luxery, beds were hard pillows were very thin. booked a double room but it was two single beds pushed together not impressed!!! other than that good hotel for any young couple that just wana party the whole time. drinks in the bar were kinda expensive, they do a lovely breakfast. if i ever go back i will go to a 3 or 4 star hotel to have a bita luxery. other than that very cheap hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple