“Hilariously awful”

Restaurante Brisas Palmanova
Ranked #42 of 137 Restaurants in Palmanova
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Hilariously awful”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I never normally write the sort of acerbic review that earns a lot of laughs; usually I feel too sorry for the staff who are often trying hard in the teeth of rubbish management, but here I'm prepared to make an exception. With a couple of honourable exceptions, choosing where to eat in Palma Nova is basically about weeding out the atrocious joints in the hope of finding a mediocre one. We failed. Looking back, the clues were all there. Across a fifty foot awning Brisas claims to be a Pizzeria, an Arrosteracia, a bar, a restaurant, a cafe etc. it would have claimed Sushi Bar and Greek taverna as well, but ran out of room on the awning. It is none of these. It is a place that covers dreadful food with cheap packet sauce in the hope nobody will notice. Challenged about the presence of some form of ham or lardon in the alleged sea food sauce on the spaghetti, the surly waiter assured me with a straight face it was calamari. Not from any ocean on this planet, mate. Avoid at all costs.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TonyCherry

• Finnish first
Newbridge, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First impression was the nicest waitress we've ever met!

Second impression was one of the tastiest lasagne I've had, which outside an Italian restaurant is something else!

If I'm ever back in Palma Nova I'll be back here in a heartbeat.

Livingston, United Kingdom
“Terrible food! First ever bad review!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Really bad food, went yesterday for dinner as it was average priced and the menu looked nice.i ordered the chicken in curry sauce and my partner ordered the suckling pig (waiter advised us it was lovely) the chefs had a small cooking area that we can see with about three chef mik's (microwaves) who seems to do all the work, nothing was actually cooked. Then I got mine it was Luke warm and that put me off straight away, but still tried it anyway and the sauce was horrible, my partner was shocked because I eat anything that's put in front of me but It was awful. My partners looked like it had been frozen for 8 months it looked so dry and I worried it was going to get him ill, he still tried it but he said it didn't taste right and decided to leave it. I didnt see anything because i don't speak Spanish and it would of just been awkward. When a waitress came to collect it she didn't seem surprised or asked what was wrong but when taken the plates back in saying something to the chefs. Def sounded like she was used to it happening. Hope this helps, everywhere else was good so I wouldn't take the risk with this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I ate here with my boyfriend and we were both disappointed. The first waitress, although friendly, did not speak english so she did not know what we were enquiring about, second waitress was rude and slammed things on the table. The food came out. My chicken cordon bleu was burnt, to the extent I could barley cut through it. It tasted disgusting and like something from a frozen packet, the vegetables were cold. My boyfriends chicken with pepper sauce was also disappointing. The rice was over cooked and the sauce was fully of oil so it left a pool of greasy oil on the plate. After eating less then half, we paid and left. Very disappointing experience. If the food was this bad in June, a quiet enough time, I dread to think what rubbish they will serve during the busy season.

Staines, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

The food was lovely and the special menu seemed like a bargain although I expect the portions are smaller than the main menu as when you order the ribs they ask if that is from the special menu but I must say there was more than enough for me, probably my only complaint would be that because it was quiet in the restaurant we did not have much of a gap between courses, if I ever go to Palma nova I will definitely visit this establishment again.