“Great bar”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

From Mr Grumpy,
I have used Karens bar numerous times when i've been on holiday in Palma Nova and found the service and the food to be of a great standard and great value for money,i would recommend it to anyone

1  Thank TJJ0hn

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Oh My God... DO NOT EAT HERE! A group of us went here and it ended up with the (food) police being called, all because we dared to complain that the food was undercooked! Having finally discovered something on the menu that they could actually provide, I ordered a simple chicken breast and it was still raw inside and barely tepid. We told the owner and her first reaction when we said we wanted it knocking off the bill was 'I'm ringing the police then' They came (in multiple) and made us pay for five meals and drinks even though 3 meals were sent back, chicken curry with no chicken, fillet steak that resembled road kill and my raw chicken. Funnily enough, she told us several other parties had 'tried the same trick as us' as recently as the previous week.PLEASE TAKE NOTE - DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNT MONEY HERE.

2  Thank saliam1
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had been looking forward to a trip to Karens. 2 years ago it was one of our top eating experience in Palmanova. Today it was a disaster. They couldnt serve all there was on the menu. My beef was like chewing gum. Childrens menu with 4 FOUR nuggets. And even though all of this, no discount.

NEVER AGAIN

2  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I cannot begin to describe the shock after visiting Karens "bar and steakhouse". The service is disgraceful, and I would advise anyone to keep well clear from this place.

"Homemade food" which came straight out of a box, food not being what they described it as.

If it had not been the fact we were in a foreign country I would have paid for the drinks and nothing else.

For a steakhouse that cannot even cook a steak, I think this is false advertisement.

3  Thank Liamandjess
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

After a pleasant hen weekend, we decided to go for a meal on the last night, instead of eating at our all-inclusive hotel. We ordered 5 'home cooked' meals. The BBQ chicken we received was uncooked at the wider parts of the chicken, the 'chicken' curry had no chicken, and the 'fillet' steak looked like stewing beef. We calmly explained that whilst we were happy to pay for the two meals which were eaten, we would like the 3 untouched meals to be removed from the bill. From this point, I received the worst customer service I have ever known. The owner, a welsh lady, took out uneaten food away, whilst making offensive and cruel comments about having 'people like us' in her bar before. She went into the kitchen and the 'chef' came outside. This woman was rude and refused to listen to our reasonable complaint, and instead spoke over us at every opportunity, becoming more and more irate as she did so. She explained to us that she 'needed to make a profit' and therefore would not take our food off the bill. We explained that we were unwilling to pay regardless, and the 'chef' told us that she would call the police. We said that we were unwilling to respond to threats, and if she deemed it necessary, we would happily explain our predicament to the police, frankly we were shocked and appalled that such action was being taken. The police arrived, and the owner spoke to them in Spanish, to make it impossible for us to understand what they were saying. The policemen (4 of them) didn't speak fantastic English, and wouldn't listen to out point. At this, we became a little more annoyed, as we were not being heard. One policeman actually hit my mum's hand as she was pointing at the food. They said that we must pay the bill, or be arrested, to which we were astounded! We went out to have a quiet night, and a nice meal, and we received inedible food (pictures attached) and the most ridiculous display of racism towards foreigners that I have ever seen. The policeman himself actually said to us 'I have seen people like you before, trying to get a free meal'. In the end, we paid the bill, but left with a bad taste in our mouth that was nothing to do with the staff, and everything to do with this blatant show of 'cashing in' on vulnerable people. Disgusting, offensive, and makes me ashamed to share a Nationality with the owner.

7  Thank Jadey_Baby88