“You get what you pay for...”
Review of TRH Magaluf

TRH Magaluf
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I went with a small group of mates last year 9th July - 16th. It was our second time to magaluf as we'd been the previous year, and stayed at hotel Teix.

Our group was more than half the size it was the previous year, which looking back at now was probably good as from reading other reviews on here we'd of no doubt been kicked out (not from been disruptive/destructive but from having a lot of people in our room before going out at reasonable times).

We were lucky enough to not have anything robbed, like so many others, but we made sure to HIDE everything in our LOCKED suitcases. we never left the room key at reception so that may of given the staff the idea that someone was in.. No room maid could of said anything as our room was not cleaned ONCE in the week we were there.

The staff hospitality STANK! The security guard at night was a complete and utter [insert a swear word here]. He gave us a warning at 4 o clock in the morning when we were returning from the strip as my mate was walking through reception with no top on.. How pathetic, we weren't be loud or boystrush as we were knackered from the clubs. We also received a phone call from reception at 6 o clock one evening for 'playing loud music' and told to turn it down.. We were all having a siesta at the time which we made clear but they would have none of it. Also when we complained as some people thought it was funny to play knock a door run at 5 in the morning they did nothing!!! Feels like he doesn't like us tourists, even though tourism is probably one of the major incomes there...

The pool area was nice but the bar itself was expensive, beer was €4 a pint I think. I know thats the normal price over here but when we stayed elsewhere last year and visited other mates at other hotels they were considerably cheaper!!

Good points (not that there are many..)

- not far from the strip, yet far enough away to not hear the partying (from our room anyway)
- spar shop was cheap and well stocked for booze and food
- quiet/sleep room was mint, beds were co fire in there.

At the end of the day you do get what you pay for, and we were on a lads holiday, but we stayed at a cheaper and less star rated hotel the previous year and had a hell of a better time and much better accommodation/staff.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ryan P

Reviewed 15 January 2014

TRH Palmanova what can I say? The best place to spend your first girls holiday. Seven of us girls went on our 6th year holiday to Magaluf from 20th June - 1st July and had the best time. The pool area was great, a BCM DJ every Thursday and pool refreshments available at the bar - a little pricey when on a budget. The reception area is very open and downstairs has a "relax room" filled with beds that you can chill out on during the day to escape the heat - WE LOVED THIS ROOM. Computers are also available to use I think 2 Euro for 30 minutes (I could be wrong). Rooms are basic but what do you expect from a party holiday at the price you have paid? We had a pool facing room (number 701) on the quieter side of the hotel. I don't know why people complain about not being able to sleep because of music because if you shut your balcony door you can't hear ANYTHING? The pool area is dead until 11/12 as people are still recovering from the night before. On our arrival there were some ants at the entrance to our balcony but sprinkle some talcom power and they will soon be gone (the hotel are not going to do anything if you complain soo..). One thing I will say about the room is that there was very little kitchen utensils and cutlery. However, being self catering and making super noodles, we asked reception for some more and they were at our room within the hour.

The hotel is a very big complex, although it does not look it from the pictures it is. The opposite side seems to be nosier. Another group of girls and guys we knew from back home were on this side of the hotel and they experience a totally different TRH from us. One night there room door had been kicked in and a lost boy was found sleeping in one of there beds, the security guards are much stricter about noise levels and number of peoples in rooms and people tend to climb up onto the walls outside of there rooms (SCARY TO WATCH). Another group we met while there had 1000 Euros stolen from their room. I would warn you to hide your valuables and do not leave them lying out, this will only encourage theft. None of us bought a safe (as they are at reception and I did not want to leave my money there) we hid our money and took all valuables (ipods, phones etc) out with us each night.

Overall our group had a good experince in TRH and would love to go back again. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach (down some steep stairs but you don't notice when you are drunk and walking home at night) and is an extra 2 minutes to the start of the strip starting at Mulligans Pub and CarWash. BCM is down the complete opposite end but you will have fun dodging the PR's every night and trying other places (GO TO MAMBOS, RED LION, REVOLUTION)

PS the hill is big but not an issue, people are dramatic!!

Room Tip: Pool view room from 700 onwards (quiet and safest area of hotel)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cee880
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is average for your needs. A big pool which is kept clean (majority of the time, I did manage to step on a big bit of glass which then lead my foot to become infected and an A&E trip once back in the UK!) The rooms are average, not spotless but perfect if you're a group of friends going clubbing. My main problem with this hotel is their management and security.
THE SECURITY GUARD NEEDS TO BE SACKED. He is the biggest joke I have ever come across. He called the police on my room (4 girls) because I was standing just outside the door talking to a friend that we had made and he told me to go inside my room. I refused as I have talking but he said 'You cause me big problem, I cause you big problem, stupido!' I then angrily went inside my room only for him to let himself in and make me go to reception as he had called the police. The hotel manager made me sign a form to say any further 'disturbances' from our room and we would be kicked out. RIDICULOUS. Also, if you happen to talk to the opposite sex after about 7pm, you better be prepared for him to usher you apart back to your rooms. He has a problem with this. He is also fond of touching up drunken girls as he groped my friends breast as he escorted her back to the room in the early hours after a night out because she was talking to a man.
An iPhone was stolen from our room and a group of friends we had met, had their room ransacked, phones stolen and the safe key taken. Upon going to their safe, everything was gone apart from their passports. (Wallets, money, driving license, phones)

All in all, average hotel. Nice (ish) pool. Terrible staff. Thieves, break-ins.

But I still had an amazing week! It's only where you sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank courtneyashleigh
Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you're young and going to Magaluf for a party holiday (which you presumably will be) this hotel is brilliant!

We first arrived at around 8 in the morning. Check-in wasn't until 2 but there was a room that locked that you could put your suitcases in. We then went to have a wander round. The hotel is situated halfway up a hill, it is quite steep but it wont even affect your holiday in the slightest. there is a shop directly next door and one at the top of the hill and there are several restaurants half way down the hill and at the start of the strip. The start of the strip is literally 2 mins away which is conveinent, however the fact that the hotel is situated on a hill means there is no annoying noise when you try to get to sleep.

The pool is big enough and there are enough loungers to go around. there is a bar where you can get food and drink and is reasonably priced. There was a DJ from BCM come down to our hotel every weds/fri (i think) that provided good music, mostly house, and there was always music on until around 5pm.

The rooms are basic but there are no reason to complain as it is what you expect. the hob takes a while to heat up but we only used this once. The beds are reasonably comfortable and there is enough room to put your clothes. the room is kept clean and tidy. there are some promoters that go round the rooms but you can either ignore them or just tell them to go away. they do sometimes have good deals though!

The safe is something i have seen come up a lot of these reviews. i would highly recommend you getting one. if you are sensible and lock your safe you will have no problems. there is also a useful room underneath the reception that you can sleep in (handy for our last day when check out was 12pm and our flight wasnt until 11pm)

overall a top holiday and i would definitely recommend this hotel!

4  Thank _lg_10102
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Its Magaluf, you get what you pay for, great atmosphere, decent rooms, with everything you could need, music played round the pool all day, and the staff are generally fine as long as you arent too loud coming in at ridiculous o'clock, 1 minute from the strip but the hill will destroy you, we'll be back..

5  Thank SalMelNay
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Went here in June with 2 friends and after reading the reviews on break ins and stealing I was a bit worried. The staff on arrival didn't seem that bothered to help, as we got to our room it was very very basic, there was stains on the walls, toilet basins (I'm guessing sick) and the bed sheets wasn't clean. On 2 occasions we had a swarm of ants in are room (I'm guessing a nest was in a hole in the wall near balcony door) and when we went to reception to ask to have it sorted we was informed the cleaner was gone and to go to the spar and buy ant killer ourselves!! We was very lucky and didn't have no problems with a break in or Robbery's but kept some money in our safe (at reception) and some in our locked cases. However, the pool area was great very clean and played music most the day till around 8pm, a bcm dj came twice a week and played a set and the location was great literally a minute walk to the strip. However, prostitutes were at the bottom of the hill our hotel was on and they are known for mugging but we had no problems. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank katie m
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Myself and two friends went here last year and would totally recommend it to those who are young and looking for somewhere that is basic and where you will be able so socialize in a fun atmosphere.
However, if you find that you are right on the bottom floor (i think we were room 101) i'd suggest that you ask to be moved ASAP because it's so hard to socialize down there as you feel you're isolated from everyone else! Also, with being on the bottom floor you get bottles, wet towels, wet paper, water balloons(made from condoms), fags etc dropped from those above, making your balcony impossible to stand/sit on without feeling disgusting.
There is music by the pool all day long - mostly dance which was such a bonus for us. It was full of young people when we were there (Mid July) ranging from around 17 to 28 which made it such a great place to be as everyone mixes so easily.
However, staff aren't all that great. They aren't welcoming at all and not very helpful. They also tried to accuse us of smashing a window which we had no idea about?!?!
We had a safe for our passports, tickets etc due to all the bad reviews of things being stolen from the rooms however after a few days I started to leave my iphone and money in my suitcase plenty of times and nothing was stolen.
Also beware of reps! The first day you get there i can almost guarantee that a rep will be sent to your room. DON'T TAKE THEIR FIRST OFFER! We ended up paying nearly double the amount of others that we met on the strip which were in the same company!

Also, it's literally just off the strip!! So so close to it which is also such a plus!

Room Tip: Don't let them put you on the bottom floor!!
2  Thank Anna s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
BelleVue Vistanova
#30 of 38 in Palmanova
Sotavento Apartments
Sotavento Apartments
#2 of 30 in Magaluf

Been to TRH Magaluf? Share your experiences!