I went with a small group of mates last year 9th July - 16th. It was our second time to magaluf as we'd been the previous year, and stayed at hotel Teix.
Our group was more than half the size it was the previous year, which looking back at now was probably good as from reading other reviews on here we'd of no doubt been kicked out (not from been disruptive/destructive but from having a lot of people in our room before going out at reasonable times).
We were lucky enough to not have anything robbed, like so many others, but we made sure to HIDE everything in our LOCKED suitcases. we never left the room key at reception so that may of given the staff the idea that someone was in.. No room maid could of said anything as our room was not cleaned ONCE in the week we were there.
The staff hospitality STANK! The security guard at night was a complete and utter [insert a swear word here]. He gave us a warning at 4 o clock in the morning when we were returning from the strip as my mate was walking through reception with no top on.. How pathetic, we weren't be loud or boystrush as we were knackered from the clubs. We also received a phone call from reception at 6 o clock one evening for 'playing loud music' and told to turn it down.. We were all having a siesta at the time which we made clear but they would have none of it. Also when we complained as some people thought it was funny to play knock a door run at 5 in the morning they did nothing!!! Feels like he doesn't like us tourists, even though tourism is probably one of the major incomes there...
The pool area was nice but the bar itself was expensive, beer was €4 a pint I think. I know thats the normal price over here but when we stayed elsewhere last year and visited other mates at other hotels they were considerably cheaper!!
Good points (not that there are many..)
- not far from the strip, yet far enough away to not hear the partying (from our room anyway)
- spar shop was cheap and well stocked for booze and food
- quiet/sleep room was mint, beds were co fire in there.
At the end of the day you do get what you pay for, and we were on a lads holiday, but we stayed at a cheaper and less star rated hotel the previous year and had a hell of a better time and much better accommodation/staff.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your TRH Magaluf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trh Palmanova Palma Nova
- Trh Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- TRH Magaluf Palmanova, Majorca