“Great holiday”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Northern Ireland
“Great holiday”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

These are lovely apartments in a very nice area, close to the beach and restaurants.
Apartments themselves are nothing fancy, but they do have all that you need - mircrowave, toaster, kettle, hairdryer.
I travelled with my partner and my two year old son.
Hotel does take hen and stag parties, but to be fair the night staff are very good, they do try to keep the noise down after 12. I never heard any noise during the week we were there, however my mum and dad were in a studio and they had one noisey night.
We only ate in the hotel once and it was okay. Bar staff are great and speak really good English.
Hotel staff are very helpful, and really friendly.
Would def consider going back to this hotel. :)

Room Tip: We had a ground floor apartment which was perfect for us with a child.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

A lovely hotel with a great pool in a location easy to reach a lot.

The staff were friendly and attentive, the rooms were well equiped and clean.

The food was always good when we ate there (only for lunch and breakfasts).

My only caution would be that this is a hotelreally near to Magaluf.
Families need to be aware that they may hear people stumbling in at 4am, but equally if you do come in at that time you will have to be super quiet to avoid complaints from families (the walls must be thin).

This is a family hotel, several party goers were on final warnings when we were there, although families can also be very loud after midnight when they want to be.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank WhiteRoseTammy
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

had a great week holiday here in may. the apartment was basic but had everything that was needed. great size balcony with lovely view of the pool. the only problem i encountered was that there was a terrible smell of sewerage coming from our bathroom, when we went to reception the sent a maintanence person straight away, it transpired that the smell was coming from the drains on the road outside so nothing they could do about it, having smelt the same smell outside on the street i knew that they were being honest. the pool was freezing cold and one couldnt spend longer than 15 minutes in there. overall a great holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ladyl32
blackpool
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just returned from a week here with my husband late 40s this was our 2nd year at these apartments,This time was full of stag n hen parties very loud and boisterous groups even after 12pm doors banging and people shouting.This is a great hotel for families and couples only hope the hotel return to this basis families and couples only until they do we wont be returning. We love the hotel and the facilities but don't enjoy the rowdiness every night where even families with young children felt intimidated.My opinion is stag n hen hotel or families n couples.. viva palmanova next door don't do groups im led to believe so might try there when we visit again.
As for the rooms they are clean and spacious and all the staff friendly and helpful,, pool area is great and plenty of sunbeds, loads of nice restaurants to eat godfathers is the best of the bunch.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank chelle
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days with my 12 year old son, 16 year old daughter and 75 year old grandma who was located in a studio apartment on the top floor of the only part of the complex that didn't have a lift. As she walks with a stick, this was a bit of a drawback but she said it was "worth it for the view".

The apartments are spacious and reasonably well equipped, the balcony is the star of the show though, huge and very private with a great view of the lovely pool.

There were a lot of large groups of girls/young men hanging around the foyer but they were completely harmless and the security ensured that no one caused undue noise or hassled anyone late at night.

We only used the snack bar which was clean and provided decent chips and pizza! We didn't sample any of the entertainment as we preferred to go out at night to various restaurants and bars in Palma Nova itself.

These apartments are a great place to base yourself for seeing around the resort and are near to all the good beaches and shops. The staff are friendly and helpful. All in all we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 636MrsM
Morley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed in thehotel for a stag do. There was around 20 of us, it was an easy walk to the beach and to the main strip. The only downside was the security man telling people to be quiet after 12 at night.

Room Tip: Try and get a ground floor place!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trimbo87
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I am in an unusual position to review this hotel, as I stayed here for my stag do, but I also have a family who did not travel with me.

I will cover my title first. Although the hotel is clean and has good facilities, during the day there were large groups of men hanging around outside their apartments and for me even if they are good natured I would still have felt intimidated had my little boy been with me. Needless to say my group was one of those groups, and although my best man and I are considerate people, there is only so much we can be responsible for 17 drunk men. The hotel lends itself to groups because of its "charge per room not per person policy". It basically meant we got to stay in a 3* for the cost of a 1*. Food was ok, nothing to get excited about.

Now, for the stags/best men/hens reading this. This hotel is PERFECT for you. Go on to the hotel's website and book the 8 man room (there is only one). You have your own highest floor, three rooms ( two twin, one double so two will have to get bromantic), and two sofa beds which are fine when drunk. As you pay by the room the cost is really hard to beat, and they don't charge you until you get there so you can collect money off people when you're there. Decent distance from bars etc. come out the hotel, turn right hit the bottom of the hill there is a decent warm-up/breakfast/hangover bar called Papis (or similar). Facing that and turn right again, down the road a bit there is a very cheap supermarket called "bip", get your supplies from there.

For the hotel, all the time you charge those prices per room, you are always going to get groups like us!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends