“More than expected”

Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
“More than expected”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with 8 of my friends and to be honest wasn't expecting much after reading some reviews but was pleasantly surprised. We only wanted somewhere to sleep n relax in day so my review of this hotel is basic. The room itself was nice and clean. We were on the ground floor which was an added bonus although the apartments are only 3 storeys high so wouldn't of been a problem. The room had 1 bedroom with 2 single beds and plenty of space for the 4 of us sharing to get ready in. The bathroom a decent size and the open living/kitchen area had 2 sofas that converted into beds. The room had everything we needed, a fridge for beers and plug sockets for hair dryers/straightners. The complex is minutes away from the beach and nightlife but still away from the craziness that is Magaluf. I personally wouldn't take my family to Magaluf as it is renown for its wild nightlife and there were other hen/stag parties staying at the hotel but there was never any trouble in the 4 days we were there and there is security on site at night to keep the place in check. You do have to pay for a safe but never been anywhere where this is free. No complaints about the staff. You smile, they smile. It's global communication. We did have to ask for clean towels after the second day but this wasn't a problem for the staff we asked or the maid who came and changed them. In fact, our maid was a lovely. Really pleasant and giddy. Nice big pool and never had a problem getting a lounger. All rooms are pool facing. Didn't eat in hotel so can't comment and we bought our drinks from the supermarket just off the corner from the hotel. I would definatley go back for a girls/adult stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Busy-mummyvicky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

However they were a good size, there was 4 of us sharing and we had plenty of space! Balcony was a great size too with all balcony's facing the pool it was nice to be out on the balcony in the evening with everyone else out on theirs. Easy to meet new people, everyone very friendly! Only problem with the rooms was they were not up to the best standard, shower curtains very grotty and towels were well worn.

I would advise families to be aware that because of the location the hotel does have a mixture of youngsters/families/stag/hen do's etc. It got quite noisy at night but a security guard was on patrol after midnight to make sure it was quiet.

Food at the hotel was AMAZING! cheap too! but the hotel is 5 mins walk from lots and lots of restaurants both in Magaluf and Palma Nova.

Would recommend! No issues on our holiday, lovely pool, lovely apartments, great food, great location and most of all we felt very safe!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katy P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here beginning of July with some friends and we absolutely loved it! We were lucky enough to get a ground-floor room with our own little garden (totally recommend) It came with private sun beds and wifi for one device.
Really good distance from Magaluf strip (no more than five mins) and was about 3 euro taxi journey home. Had no problems with hotel security despite other reviews. Adam, the Hotel rep was fine, he didn't know much about what was going on or what he was even doing however he was still a lovely person and a good laugh.
Would absolutely recommend staying here again, I know my friends and I are looking to come back next year :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Abi J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this Aparthotel which is 3 star, I went with my husband and two friends as we all are profoundly deaf and I asked the hotel if they knew of any hire mobility scooter??? They gave me their email address and that I was able to hire a scooter for myself for the whole two weeks. When we arrived at the hotel and the scooter was there ready for me, met up with the owner and paid €256.00 for the whole holiday.to my surprise it was hassle free and no problem the owner says any problem we call him anytime. I was felty happy with this. I charge it every night myself and used it every single day even all day, went as far as it could and would gave nit been without it wow made my holiday.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor which sleeps 4 people but other rooms are upstairs all with pool view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and everything is as you'd expect, the rep adam was possibly the worsed person I've ever met, would've gave up the nice hotel just to be away from him, plus there weren't anything going off during the day which was a laugh, we went to other hotels and it was 10x better, don't stay here for a mental holiday

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

All in all the hotel was nice pool area and facilities were very nice, I was there with my partner and 2 kids the entertainer Alejandro was the life of the hotel really nice fella and loves a karaoke performance (at last) and great with the kids.

On the other side of things I wouldn't stay here again as the noise at night is unbearable and we found it near on impossible to sleep at night people going in and out at all hours banging on doors shouting cursing etc., in fairness to security there was no messing about with them they dealt with any complaints we had.

Not suitable for families very suited towards stags hen parties and lads holidays.

Last point is that it took about 20mins at a time to be served at the bar as the staff are very very laid back at times.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Richie M
Leicester
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel has obviously had a good amount of work done on it in the closed season. We arrived 29th May for two weeks and apart from the bathroom still needing an upgrade we were pleased with the ground floor room we requested and delighted with the private grassed ( artificial really nice till mid afternoon then scorching hot in bare feet) and two lovely new super comfy sunbeds we didn't need to try and sit round the pool and really enjoyed being able to pop in and out our apartment when we wanted.
The safe was large and I kept all our valuables locked away at all times and our cleaners were always friendly and efficient but a ground floor family did have a handbag stolen from their ground floor balcony table and lost everything including house and car keys for back home and passports they spent 14 hours in Palma getting temporary travel documents.But would you leave everything on show at home ? For us it was a holiday of two parts Monday to Thursday evening it was a friendly relaxing place but then the Hens and Stags arrived and the Spanish party goers and the late night yelling jumping from balconies bad language cigarette buts burned into the artificial grass to name but a few incidents. The security guards were a waste of time and space and reception didn't want you to go to them in person as they didn't want others seeing you complain they said just call us on the phone we will deal with it but never did. Maybe this is not the best family hotel even the entertainer( who's camp and very funny) promotes daytime binge drinking with their happy hour starting at 16.00 with dancers who looked like they belong at the pole dancing clubs I wouldn't want my 8 year old grandson to see gyrating in a very sexually manner. As they are employed by the management it shows who their targeting. Want a quiet stay id say stay away .

Room Tip: request ground floor for free wifi and sunbeds
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple