“Could not fault it.”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Teignmouth
“Could not fault it.”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have been to Palma Nova about 7 times previously with my ex-wife but never in this hotel.Went in June 11 with my new partner and overall it was the best holiday I have ever enjoyed in Majorca. Not at all pretentious or intimidating, just a damned good hotel for adults , all services and options exactly as advertised - I even got to enjoy the very good Karaoke ! Food in particular was very good with tremendous variety every meal, serviced by a very good maitre - de,(in this case a mistress-de). We intend to book again for next year as soon as our own physical ailments are sorted.Really great value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sidney J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
midlands
Reviewed 8 October 2011

we stayed here for one week mid september and wished we had booked for two.the hotel is beautiful room was nice and spacious,resturant was lovely and the location could not have been better,we didnt have a sea view we were on the side of the hotel over looking crazy golf and could still see the sea aswell a side view the hotel staff were very pleasent we asked to keep our room on as we wernt being picked up till midnight,it was no problem at all we paid 20 euros which was very good as we paid 50euros in other hotels we have stayed in.we will be going back next year hopefully.

Room Tip: high floors have better views
3 Thank biggsys
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Me and my boyfriend went on our first holiday together here.
We where very excited, when we arrived at 3 o'clock in the morning we got shoved into a tiny little room that was filthy and the door didnt look it was also very creepy as when i looked out the window it was the back of the hotel and there was rubbish everwhere.
The next day we got up at half 7 to get into our new room but had to sit in reception until midday waiting. We finally got to the new room and it was slightly better and we got a sea front view as we complained.
The room was very basic and wasn't very clean .
We went out every morning for breakfast and for an evening meal as the food was disgusting!!!!!!
I would never go back here ever again but the place itself (palma nova) was fab!
Hope this helps....much better hotels further up palma nova.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and sea view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ianna a
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Have just returned from ten days at Agua Beach hotel. We checked reviews before booking and I couldn't understand how there was such a difference in reviews from people who went to this hotel at the same time. The hotel looks great from the road and from the beach, the inside is nice as well. We asked for a sea view and were gutted when checking into our room. "Sorry, no sea view rooms left"we were told. We were given directions to our room, walk past the pool, into the exterior lift, up to second floor, walk across roof to a second lift and you are now on the third floor of another hotel which is also called Agua beach. When you get out of the lift and look down you can see it is two hotels joined together by the lift and an exterior spiral stairway. The part we were in was used at some time long ago as self catering rooms. There are thirty two in total of which sixteen are on the first floor and the same on the second floor. The grond floor is the Spar shop, Natalie's restuarant and a couple of other shops. This part of Agua Beach has its own entrance about eighty yards or so up the road from the main block which is advertized in the brochure. When walking along the corridor there has been a big problem with wall outside our room which has been bodged up and painted over with a different shade of paint. The carpets in the corridor are covered with big splodges, make your own mind up as to what caused them. The room itself was tidy but dated, in this overspill block there is a fridge, cooker and a couple of cupboards with dishes plates and knives and forks. As we were half board there was only the fridge that came in useful. The view from our balcony was the roof of the shops below us, two bus stops about fifteen yards away. On the other side of the main street was more shops and above those is the Stadium karaoke bar and a chinese restaurant. As if this wasn't bad enough, behind that lot were two muti storey appartment blocks which is a right eyesore. Having said that the food was good. I have put a few pictures which show the views we had. I asked the manager how to get a room in the advertized block and a sea view. He said to guarantee a sea view book through Thompsons and pay a supplement. This is our seventh visit to this area and for that sort of money there are better places not far up the road. Will we come to Palma Nova again? Definately yes. Will we stay at Agua Beach again? Most definately no.

Room Tip: High floor on front guarantees a sea view.
3 Thank WolvesWolverhampton
, Owner at Hotel Agua Beach, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Sir,

It was most unfortunate to read your comments about our Hotel. I have taken into account all of your statements, although I do not entirely agree with you in every aspect. I shall try to give you an honest and fare response to every point that you mention.

First of all, we have a limited number of Sea View rooms that can be reserved by paying an extra cost at the time of booking your holiday through your Travel Agent. This has nothing to do with the Hotel as we don not charge extra. If someone requests a Sea View room and there is one available, we shall provide them with that room at no extra cost, but we have the contractual obligation to provide the rooms to those that have payed for them in the UK.

The "other Hotel" as you mention is in fact an Annex to our Hotel. This annex was bought and completely renovated in the year 2003. The annex is connected to the main building by a panoramic lift and has a private entrance at the front of the building less than 100 meters away. I have stayed at many 5* Hotels in my time, and I can guarantee that I have often had to walk more than 15 minutes to my room, I even had to sit on a train 10 minutes and be driven to my block.

Indeed these rooms used to be, and still are, partly Self Catering. The only thing that this implies is that you have a Fridge and cooking rings in your room that in fact you have not payed for and which you can use freely. These rooms are larger in size than those of the Hotel, they are all front facing many with sea views, and as I stated earlier, are less than 10 years old. We did have a problem last year with the drainage of water accumulated in the garden above, we have solved the problem this year and have fixed the corridor wall.

As for the buildings blocking the view, nobody more than I would like to dispose of them, although I am unable to help there..

I hope you do visit again and maybe I get the chance to hear your thoughts personally. We are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible, I only wish I could have spoken to you before your departure.

The Management.
Manchester
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is the second time we have visited this hotel and it gets even better. All the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Booked half board and although we thought the food was good last year but this year it has got even better, with a good choice for every evening meal. Booked through Thomsons and I believe it will be an All Inclusive hotel next year, so I am not sure if the standard will remain. The hotel is listed as 3* but with a little work could easily be upgraded to 4*. A lick of paint here and there and some new sun loungers are all thats required.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear do not have sea view and are not in sun during day. This can be good as the rooms do g...
3 Thank SteveHManchester
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We have just returned from a lovely week at this hotel. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful.There was a variety of cooked food for breakfast and also cereals and fruit. The evening meals again were of a good standard with a wide choice including lovely salads. The hotel is in an ideal location with the beach just across the road. We booked a 3 star hotel and what we got met our expectations.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Manni1c
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Aqua beach for 7 nights this summer. The breakfast was lovely with a large choice. Evening meals were good too, but as this is a small hotel there wasn't heaps of choice, but what we had was good. Rooms were basic but clean. Staff in the hotel were warm, friendly and helpful especially the bar staff who were lovely with the children. The pool was tiny but that was not a problem as the beautiful beach is on your door step. If you want a small, quiet, reasonable hotel, with value for money I would definitely return. In the passed we had only stayed in 4/5 star hotels so I was concerned before going, especially after reading other peoples reviews but I can confidently recommend this hotel to others. it s a good example of a good 3 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family