“enjoyed holiday but”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
s.wales
“enjoyed holiday but”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

we spent our holiday last week July first week august 2013 we have been to the Agua Beach for many years so where disappointed at the all inclusive deal twice during the 14 days we could not get into the restaurant and as for enjoying a few drinks in the evening it was impossible to sit out side as all seating was taken by large groups off people we knew the hotel needed updating but the friendly staff more then made up for that .The most shocking thing was the beach 6 days there was human waste in the sea it was so bad nobody would go into the water so please beware and the sun beds are one big rip off but if you see the ticket guy he is on the fiddle and will do a deal for you. We where going to book this year until we seen the price Thomson's where charging £2500 for two people sun beds £300 spends £1500 equals £4300 we can go anywhere in the world for that price so sorry Majorca we are not helping you to pay your national dept. Off

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jefcoop60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I made a report on this hotel earlier in 2013 - however I had the missfortune to return again in Seotember. .
I had made a call to reception and then I had confirmed my arrival - I was assured that all was fine and i WAS allocated a vouble for single room at a private rate.
I arrived to be informed that the reception Manager that the booking should not have been taken by the young receptionist. I pointed out that this was in writing but he shook his head and taid First Choice have everything.! Shrugged shoulders,not possable.He had no rite to do this
He then finally foundthis so called single roon that was the size of a show box ans overlooked a disgusting flat roof. There was no TV...the bathroom was minute and old, the chair was faded
and torn It turned out that this was a DAY changing room!!! I asked the price and the answer was ' don't worry about that ' - I got re located after 5 nights and foud out that U had been charged 24 euri fir this disgusting place. The complaints every day were unreal...and I was in the hall some evenings when late flights arrived and during my stay at least 4 people would return to reception after seeing their rooms to say theyre was no way they could sleep in the filth...some were in tears...nothing was done.....the staff are very nice in the bar and the dining room.....the swimming pool has not been cleaned for a long time...the electric roof that sometime comes over id totally filthy as are the tiles and beds.....the hotel was on its last legs and may clients saw mice in the dining room and in fact they were so used to the place that one sat outside eating and not mobing...I have a photo of this....I then got very ill...eaten something...and finally left...however thats another stopr which i will not go into here....I returned again to Mallorca in October and the place was practially knocked down...it was apparently been purchased by a large tour company and is going to be 4 star..and ained at the Russion market.....good luck to them. I am sure under new ownership it may succeed as the location is amazing on the beach .However make sure you get everything in writing and a full agreement .also take note that sites like booking.com are taking bookings, so remember at the time of writing this peoperts is a stack of rubble , I should have said that the so called room cleaners spend on an average less that one minure...turning a sheet and cleaning nothing. The worst cleaners I have ever encountered. I returned after my illness to collect things including perscription from my Drawers that I had ledt. The manager at reception as able to tell me what was in the Drawers ,had my contact number and knew I would be missing these things,and informed me they were thrown out . nice eh , A total dump, so cjeck ot out first..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank entertainer49
Christopher N, Owner at Hotel Agua Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Entertainer

We believe Tripadvisor users should know the real truth and reasons for your appalling review of our Hotel.

This individual is a Hotel entertainer, a hipnotist to be exact, who approached me in Summer 2014 asking for work, we came to an agreement where he would act at my Hotel in exchange for FREE ACCOMMODATION.

Having been informed by my staff that this person expected and demanded free beverages and "star" treatment I decided to terminate our agreement on friendly terms, even so, this person booked at our Hotel to stay in September as a guest.

In September he was given a Double room (103) at a reduced rate for two people, but his companion left before he did, and instead of charging him for using a double room individually we turned a blind eye. This is where the fun starts.

We caught this individual trying to sneak-in a young girl, very much under his own age and clearly not a member of his family, into his room. Being confronted by our Manager and told that he was not allowed to take strangers up to the rooms he told us he was going to check out and leave in a few days.

Due to us needing the room for an arrival we asked politely to move him into a single room (considering that he was not paying for a double and was leaving soon) but were greeted by excuses of him being sick in bed. We then proceeded to move his belongings into a single room, being very generous on our part considering he had not even paid one night up to the date.

The day after, he was caught trying to leave the Hotel without settling the bill! We managed to hold on to one of his bags and told him to pay or we would confiscate his bag and call the police. This changed his attitude and he promptly paid his debt.

I have just seen this report or else would have answered immediately. Once again I find it amazing at the cheek some people have after having clearly gone out of my way to give someone work and accommodation.

Now you know the truth you can decide for yourselves.
East Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week all inclusive at the end of September 2013. We always stay 'all inclusive' as we love food and drink and the convenience of not having to carry money around. We paid £600 each for the week, not cheap for end of season and I will be totally honest in this review. The food was perfectly ok, it seemed fresh with an ok choice and Ana and the other dining staff were lovely but we ate out most of the time as it was so cheap. Beds were changed only once in the week we stayed there but towels were changed every day and it was kept reasonably clean. The view from the bedroom was fabulous, overlooking the beach and a nice quiet balcony (we had paid extra for a sea view AND THIS WAS THE BEST PART OF THE HOLIDAY). The only place to get a drink (apart from when you were dining) was the Bar Area...this was a nice terraced area overlooking the beach but with plastic glasses if you were an 'All inclusive' guest but if you paid or if your 'face fit' you got 'proper glasses.' The bar staff were really nice except for the only woman who worked in the bar area that week (as from the 26th Sep)...SHE WAS AWFUL, WE DREADED GOING TO THE BAR...my husband named her 'Mrs Angria,' not a smile all week'!!! Its a shame about this hotel as it could be so lovely...a fabulous roof terrace with amazing views but the stairs going up to it hadn't been swept in months and God help you if you were thirsty, what a trek back down to the bar area!! The major beef that would stop me visiting the hotel again were the following: No bottled water apart from the communal containers and these were stale, you dare not drink from them!!!!!!!...the same went for the coffee machines in the restaurants...awful! No coffee making facilities in the roof, no hairdryer or fridge...yes its a 3 star but at £600 per person per week you'd have to be desperate to put up with this...and we were!!!!

4 Thank MrsCarolL
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed for a long weekend mid September and enjoyed every minute. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Food was good, not a huge choice but the quality was of a high standard. Yes the hotel is dated but our room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. We had a room on the second floor and didn't experience any noise issues. Perfect location, across the road from the beach, very easy to pop back for a little shade and lunch. The hotel is located at the quieter end of Palma Nova, but it was only a 5 min walk to the lively bars. The pool area has plenty of shade and there was enough sunbeds whilst we were there.

There was a wide mixture of guests and the hotel caters for them well. In our group we had people from late 20's to mid 40's and we all rated the break as one of the best we have been on. If you want 5 star at 3 star prices this hotel isn't for you, but if you are after a good priced break in a clean and friendly hotel get this one booked. We'll be booking again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The location is great right opposite the beach and near lots of restaurants shops and bars so theirs lot of things to do in the day and magaluff strip is a 10-15min walk away or you can get a cab that takes 5minutes. The downside that our room was very small so got quite cramped with 4 girls trying to get ready. We all went all inclusive but ended up eating out every night as the food wasn't very nice it was just picky food but restaurants near by are very cheap, your only allowed one drink per person at the bar with being all inclusive but wasn't to bad as we were allowed to get another one when we finished our drink. The only other thing was one man at reception is very rude made a mess up with our rooms are decided to call us 'stupid girls' but overall if your looking for somewhere cheap with a great location then it's ideal especially for young people.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lu9876
Wales, UK
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at Agua Beach for 3 nights on all inclusive basis. Although a bit dated, which the imminent refurbishment should hopefully address, we really enjoyed our stay. The location is suberb, right on the beach front. Although some reviews we read before travelling criticised the food, we were very happy with it. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. There are areas of the hotel which could be much better utilised if refurbished, particularly the pool area and the sun terraces above. The hotel was very quiet when we stayed at the end of September, and we heard it was closing for refurbishment within weeks. It will be interesting to return and see what they have done to improve it.

Room Tip: Worth asking for a sea view, pity not to enjoy it when the hotel is right on the beach front.