Having read a lot of reviews for this hotel, we decided to book for a reasonably priced week in the sun, half board. Arriving at 10:30 pm one evening, tired from travelling, the entrance to the hotel looked lovely,. But we were given our room key and were mortified to find it was a cramped room (number 420), which seemed to have formerly been a stair well or something? on the very end of the building and not part of the building. (left hand side of the hotel as you look at it from the pool bar area). The bed was only 3/4 size with a rock hard, cheap mattress and metal frame, and it took up most of the floor space, so 2 people couldn't move around at the same time. It wasn't anything like any of the rooms in the pictures! We went straight back to reception and the man said yes it wasn't a nice room but he couldn't do anything about it. He told us to see the Manager, Christian, at reception the following day at 10am. This sounded hopeful but we were still annoyed that we had been allocated this room. We hardly slept at all that night, what with the state of the bed, tripping over each other to try and get to the bathroom, and not knowing if we would actually be given a different room for the rest of the holiday or not.
Next day we went to breakfast and at 10 am went to reception. Christian was totally non plussed by our complaint. He said he would give us another room but it wouldn't be available until 12:30, so could we come back then. There was no apology or explanation. We went back at 12:45, to be told by a woman that Christian wasn't there and could we come back at 2pm. Told her no, we had already turned up twice to no avail and we were wasting or first day trying to sort it out. She was really quite rude. In the end having refused to go away again, she called Christian on his mobile to find out which room we were being moved to. Not sure why it couldn't have just been written next to our names on the room allocation sheet? then she would have known? Any way we moved to a room on the side of the hotel above the entrance and it was fine (what all the other 600 or so guests were getting for their money, so only what you would expect.) We went to take the keys for room 240 back and Christian said "happy now?" how nice! what customer service!!! That set the tone for the holiday then as we found all the staff to be rude, (with the exception of a couple of fair-haired receptionists who were most pleasant). Dining room staff seemed unable to smile or aknowledge a thank you or hello from you. I know the Spanish do not expect to be thanked, (they see it as they are doing the job they are being paid to do) but it was really weird and felt very hostile.
I agree with DazN, and his comments on the drinks situation. We didn't have drinks in the restaurant the first few nights but decided we would one night. The wines were foul, but we found the beer ok. The 3 euro payment did not entitle you have any further drinks in the bar afterwards, or take a drink with you.. Unless you paid 3 euro you couldn't even have a drink of water with your meal. One evening we decided to take a small bottle of water in with us, ( I suspected we would be told it wasn't allowed, but it was worth a try) Oh no, the chap on the door took them off us and said we could collect them on the way out. Drinks police! how ridiculous.To be honest the whole food rules situation made you feel like not bothering to go in there. On a positive note the food was good. The salads, fruit and breakfasts were good, (strangely, steamed sprouts were on the kids breakfast menu!) Hot evening meals were not so good, apart from the fish which was really good and chicken when it was on. Desserts were basically cakes and blamanche in various different colours and guises!
We didn't have any children with us, but the hotel did seem very family orientated and there was a kids club and activities, so ideal if you have young children.
So, the good bits... the hotel was spotless, rooms serviced daily, food not bad considering we were there a week and they cater for so many people.
the bad bits,..... our first night/room, what makes them think that room is ok to put people in? is it below standard and unlike any other room in the vast place, why should people be allocated that room, when they have paid the same as everyone else.
Staff,,,,, surely you work in the hospitality sector because you like people? This was more like it was all a chore, and the place would really run better with out guests inconveniencing the staff.
I have stayed may place but have never experienced such a lack of people skills in staff before.
Drinks, not being allowed a glass of water with your meal- very unhelpful and honestly I promise, I would not be trying to sneak a free glass of wine, it wasn't drinkable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. New for 2015 - the addition of the Hawaii Suites Building situated across the street from the hotel (main building). The Suites Building will be totally renovated and will consist of Junior Suites and 1 Bedroom Apartments (both without seaviews). In the Hotel which is classed as the main building you will find panoramic terrace overlooking Palmanova bay, miniclub, swimming pool and terraces with private access to the sea, garden, gymnasium, ample buffet, Chill-out terrace ... In the Suites Building you will find a swimming pool, conference room, and a relaxing pool bar. There is also a panoramic Chill Out terrace which is exclusively for adults only (from 19:00 to 24:00. Weather permitting). Choose between All-inclusive, Bed and Breakfast, Half-board (includes breakfast and dinner. Beverage not included), Full-Board (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverage not included) or Bed Only in our hotel in Palma Nova and enjoy a real holiday! Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 12:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda and Onthebeach so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites Palmanova, Majorca