All reviewsno air conthese apartmentsworld servicethe cleaning ladytop floorlarge fanscoffee makerelectric kettlegreat apartmentsfirst floorclean apartmentmagaluf stripbedding and towelsring hobluggage roomplenty of hot waterstayed nights
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I'm here now, and whilst I'm a seasoned traveller, I'm not the type to moan or find fault for no reason with little things .....however please read on
Check in.
We were dropped off up the road from the apartments, some confusion as to where they were!
once found we were told by the lovely helpful guy in the spa shop to collect from the hotel next door.
So off we all trundle, with our cases in the blistering heat to be told at reception the shop across the road! so again we drag our cases across the road to check in. The lady was very helpful we paid the 5 euros a day for the safe! yes we paid £30 to keep our things safe!
We were allocated the top floor. So 9 flights of steps later, we went up dragging our cases to the top. phew tell you we needed oxygen after that! As soon as we were established in the room we could smell the restaurant below.
really Strong. Little did we know then the main oven flue was just outside our balcony. With NO breeze the fumes just hovered on our balcony and room constantly.(esp the back bedroom). like a running car exhaust. pictures are on here to see. We couldn't have the French doors open to the room to cool it down as it choked us! It even made my lips tingle! The lovely girls in the next apartment to us could also smell it so we knew it just wasn't us!

It ruined our Holiday beautiful sea view but we were constantly aware of the fumes we were tired constantly as well.Personally if I would of had children id of moved hotels.But we paid £700 for this room for 1 week. I went across to the Worldwide shop where we had picked our keys up from to complain.
She rang the manager, as I wanted to change rooms. He wasn't helpful one bit. when I said I would ring ON THE BEACH, He just said OK and hung up! So my next step was to ring on the beach. But there was nothing they could do the rooms were full. They wernt bothered about the fumes coming into our apartment.

The next thing NO aircon, my god the rooms were like sweat boxes.(living hell as we couldn't have the windows open). luckily I took 2 small fans but they didn't even touch the heat!
We had a clock that showed the temperature it was a constant 32 C Not being able to cool down took it's tole on us it was unbearable, NO sleep beds wet with sweat awful. Balear get your act together and install aircon it's disgusting in day and age you have not put it in.
The rooms are tired and the furniture shabby !
The kitchenette has only 2 rings a fridge and kettle 2 frying pan's and cutlery. NO microwave No toaster youre very limited to what you can cook!
The maid came once to drop off towels. bins you have to empty yourself in the dumpster outside. Now I know the Manager will comment in the space below He will come up with some EXCUSES no doubt as he has done with previous complaints .....
It's simple Mr Manager ....MOVE the flue from outside room 304 its a health hazard . Install aircon simple. I would of paid over the odds to of had that. The fans you did eventually drop off were very kind of you but were not adequit enough. Next be more helpful to your paying guests who paid £700 for a week there. NO excuses it's simply not good enough!

You're just basically paying for the view

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagerSantaPonsa, Director General at Apartamentos Balear Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Madam,

I agree with you, just READ before booking and take in consideration what you book, category, Price, etc...and look that our apartments are just 1 Star.(Basic, cheap and Budget apartments in front of the beach)
If you wish a lift, if you wish air conditioning, if you wish new furniture, if you wish air refresher constantly in your room, of you wish to choose in which apartment you wish to stay, if you don´t wish restaurants in the ground floor etc...etc...Very easy, READ information and pay triple in a 4-5 stars hotel.

we hope you can READ description and stadistics of an hotel before your next booking iand you will not have more surprises and you could enjoy our wonderful island in a god way

Regards,
Manager
Balear Beach Apartments

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The apartment s them self's are lovely clean and very spacious and in a great location right on the beach just a one minute walk to the beach and 2 minutes from the strip but as for magaluf hell no !!! Worst holiday ever full of iligal immigrants who mug u and try to beat you up visited these apartments two years ago and it was great but I come.back in may and it was horrendous every man you spoke to had been mugged or beat up by iligal immagrants would recommend the apartments but if they wasn't in magaluf that place is a hell hole dumb definatly wouldn't be returning in a hurry

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed here 8th to 15th June 2017, Apartments are a good size and the view is terrific only found 3 problems which could be addressed, 1st towels only changed 2 days out off 7 had to ask at the shop were you collect your keys on the third day and the lady phoned the cleaner only for here to bark back at me yes she knows came back a few hrs later and they were change 4th day changed again and that was it, 2nd issue bed linen first night my girlfriend smelt aftershave in her bed could have been the pillow but not changing the bet sheets all week is very poor service bed was made once but with the same sheets, 3 issue air condition now when I am back home and have had a good few beers I sleep like a baby all night not here was up about ten times every night with what you may think well I will tell you there ain't no air condition so your sleeping in bed sheets that are soaking in sweat every night and don't get changed, rant over but if you can do without these 3 little issues then you will enjoy your stay here

Room Tip: All good views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cambodundee
Reviewed 24 May 2017

once again UNBEATABLE VALUE and LOCATION , Room clean and Tidy,Plenty of places to Eat and Drink,Beach Front Location,Over looking what can only be described as a Beautiful View ALL DAY,Sun from 0630 till 1700,then down the beach (deckchair man gone lol) until 2000 (8 o,clock) then out for a drink/ Dinner.
New Super market Nr Katmandu
Back Again Sept

Room Tip: All Good Rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ferryst
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Position and view cannot be beaten! Getting off the coach looking a bit disoriented, was welcomed by the friendly Spar local shop owner, who kindly offered to look after our luggage, as we checked in to pick up our keys at World Travel across the road. The Spar shop has fresh bread, milk, fruit and any incidentals required.
Our first floor 1 bedroom apartment has the bonus of two good sized balconies front and back and only one flight of stairs to climb. Very clean and freshly painted. Would return for a longer stay next time. Who needs a toaster etc when you have a choice of so many places offering good value food and drinks? Free Wifi available in Zen lounge, next door. The star rating is for location, value for money

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends