We had some trouble finding these apartments as we arrived at the "wrong" end of the town in our car. Thankfully the town of Magalluf has some quite helpful maps placed at intervals along the street. On eventually finding the apartments, we had to search for the reception across the street (which incidentally was the subject of noisy major road-repairs throughout our stay - even so, the roadworks could not be heard as they were behind the building). Unfortunately, because this was off-season, most of Magalluf was under rejuvenation & the reception appeared to be boarded up & most definitely closed. We finally found a telephone number (being tired & unprepared as we were) & woke someone up to give us a key (this was around lunchtime). That was the last we saw of the staff that week!
As for the apartment: The room was clean & tidy & in a good state of repair. For the money paid (not much), this was good value. The pictures of room shown in the description are slightly misleading as I don't think all rooms have a double bed. We had a small but adequate apartment on the first floor - this had a bathroom, one living space with a kitchenette at the back and a balcony. We had to push two sofas together to make the bed, but all in all, it was very comfortable to sleep on! Linen & towels were provided initially, but I think maid service must be only once per week. The linen showed signs of mould stains but was perfectly clean - the blankets however, were fairly dirty. The towels were clean but musty. We did not have any fresh linen or towels during our stay of five days. However, as we stayed over a long weekend, I think we missed out! The bathroom contained a good sized bath, sink, toilet & bidet. There was plenty of hot water at all times. Two rolls of toilet paper were included & the whole room was clean. The kitchenette comprised a sink, work surface, two hotplates, fridge and louvred doors to close it off from the rest of the room. Plates, cups, glasses, cutlery & a bread knife were found in the kitchenette, although there was no kettle or toaster. We used the coffee maker to make our morning tea. The living space included a dining table & two chairs, a coffee table & two sofas/single beds. There was also a wardrobe containing a safe (I think you needed to rent a key from reception, although this was not made clear). Outside there was a nice balcony overlooking the beach, with a plastic table & chairs. The whole apartment was well heated (which was good during our winter stay), but there did not appear to be any air-conditioning.
Overall, this was good value for money - although we would have preferred a little more interaction with the apartment staff on arrival! The view from the apartment was fantastic & the location was excellent (if you like the sunbathing, or the bright lights of a busy resort). Our apartment was located over a bar/nightclub (and close to many others), so it could be quite noisy in the high season. We were pleased with our off-season stay as we saw a more relaxed side of Magalluf. Most amenities are close by so you can self-cater or eat out as you wish. This resort is definitely for people who enjoy going out & drinking in familiar surroundings (i.e. Magalluf seems to be the British capital of Mallorca) One caution: we were not able to park anywhere near the hotel! However, there was a good sized public (free) car park on the main street - although this might be more difficult to park in during the high season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balear Beach is situated in Palma Nova, a wonderful touristic resort, 13km away drom Palma, with 3 magnificient beaches, comercial centres ad great and varied nightlife. STANDING FIRST LINE ON THE BEACH OF SON MATIAS. The building has 12 apartments with 1 Twin bedroom, bathroom, lounge, Kitchenette and a terrace with a spectacular sea view. Maximum occupancy 3 people. Also has 4 Studios with bathroom, lounge with two sofa beds, Kitchenette and a terrace with a spectacular sea view. Maximum occupancy 2 people. All of them with safe deposit box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Apartamentos Balear Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Balear Beach Hotel Palma Nova
- Apartamentos Balear Beach Palmanova, Majorca