“Fantastic Hotel - especially with young Children”
Review of Zafiro Palmanova

Zafiro Palmanova
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 9 Nights, from the 8th of May, we were travelling in a group of 6 Adults & 6 Children 5 of which were under 5.

On Arrival
Reception staff were excellent when we arrived and one room was ready so we went there until ours were ready so the kids could get into the pool straight away, which was great after the flight so we didn't have to hang around reception.

Rooms
They were very clean we paid extra for a Privileage Pool View apartment, and it was totally worth it, we had a little garden with patio & sunbeds, we could put up a sunbed to stop little ones escaping it was so handy for the pool. The rooms were a perfect size and had Kettle/2 ring cooker/fridge freezer/Toaster & Microwave, they even have washing up liquid and tea towels. The bathroom was fairly big and plenty of towels. Flatscreen TV we were able to plug our daughters DVD player to the Tv which was really handy so bring a scart cable, the TV even takes USB stick so handy if you have movies on a USB stick.

Pools
There are 4 pools, one deep one about 4 foot and the kids pools which has numerous slides etc for the kids, there was also an indoor pool, the water was very cold though

Playarea,
There is a kids play area with Bouncy Castle, Trampoline, Slides playhouses and swings etc, which was really great.

Kids Club
There is a kids club everyday from 10am, you can stay with your kids if you choose to or you can leave them with the Kids Club staff, you kids have to be 4 to be left, the staff were fantastic in particular Nicolette (Nicki) she is just brilliant with the kids, she really treats them like little people and they get more attention than us adults, they have different themes everyday in the club and they have games/arts and crafts etc, this is free of charge and it enabled us to have a great break knowing the kids were well looked after. So a huge thank you to Nikki !!

Entertainment
Every evening at 8pm there is a kids disco, with the Viva Characters (Buffo, Katty,& Spark) the kids loved them the Kids club staff run this disco and the kids love it.
After the kids disco there was a different show on each night most of them very good so not so good, but they bring out little chairs for the kids so they mostly sat and watched the show so it was an extra hour and half entertaiment for the kids ! Happy for us !!!

Facilties
There is free wifi in reception but also internet computers you can pay to use, there are also washing Machine & tumble dryers to use free of charge, just need to buy detergents, aslo they hire out buggys for kids for 4 euro per day which was great for us as we only bought one buggy but our older daughter was so tired from daily activties it was so handy to hire for walks in the evenings.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on it. But for a great place to eat for families with young kids is a restaurant called El Mecca, if you go down the steps opposite the hotel down into palma nova you will see it in front of you, they are fantastic with young kids, the girls were given braclets and the boys cars, great kiddies menu and good food and good value as well.

Not much more to say that this, the hotel is great and will be back again !!!

Room Tip: Privelage apartment - kids club & Nikki
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pixiewall
Moises_Barbero, Commercial Department at Zafiro Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Dear Guest,
First of all we want to say thank you for taking your time in sending us your comments
We are glad to read that you had a great stay with us and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I went to the Viva Palmanova with my disabled wife and 2 kids (aged 2 and 4) a week or so ago. Great value for money hotel. Spotless rooms and pool area, staff very helpful, pools were excellent if a bit chilly (but I guess that's more to do with going early season). The pirate ship is properly exciting for the kids.

Hotel was disabled friendly also - although the reception and exit area is located on a sub-floor that you can't access directly from the lift - you have to get up a pretty steep ramp (or steps) from the lifts to get to it.

We went half board and the food was about as good as you could wish for the money. Nice touch that they cook fresh stuff as well as the more usual buffet style choices. My kids loved having fresh pancakes for breakfast! The entertainment team were great and always had stuff going on. The evening disco for the kids is the kind of thing I would have avoided like the plague before having kids, but it was probably the highlight of my kids day, so I learned to love it!

Only small problem is probably the beds, which are a bit on the hard side. But unless you go 5 star it seems every hotel in Spain (and Greece) has the same problem. But they are not so bad that it became a major issue.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cavalier5
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We have recently come back from a 4 day break at Viva Palma Nova, we were very impressed by the standards of the hotel. As previous reviews the hotel is extremely good for children especially with the mini waterpark which keeps them entertained for hours. My daughter is 11 so she didnt need to go to the kids club but i could see the entertainers were very good with the little ones and gave parents time to themselves. The outdoor pools were quiet cold at the time so she did spend alot of time in the indoor pool. The hotel was very clean with nice facilities the reception area has free wifi if you are taking a laptop. We didnt stay all inclusive/half board but found the resturants near to the hotel to be good especially Diana's beach bar....we stayed in Palma Nova as it isnt too far away from the airport, a taxi ride costing 35 euros each way....I will definately be looking to go to Viva Palmanova again.

2  Thank weekender186402
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Excellent, brilliant, without a doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in on holidays with my kids (6 & 9 years). The first hotel in my experience where the childrens entertainers really looked after the kids and where I felt completely comfortable leaving my kids at the kids club. Excellent facilites and safe play areas for the children, well supervised, good range of activities and the entertainers genuinely seemed to enjoy playing with and looking after the kids. Nicolette, Viviana and Irena you were all amazing - thank you so much for giving me the first really relaxing holiday I've had in years.

Evening entertainement for adults mostly very good, a couple of duds, but overall good evening entertainement.

Facilites, rooms etc all very clean, good quality, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant for half board excellent - I would highly recommend this. But pay when you arrive as it works out much cheaper than through a package deal.

Definitely try to book a room with pool view, or even better on the ground floor where you have your own private terrace /garden and sun loungers with direct access onto the swimming pool area. Very convenient!

Overall, for families with kids I highly recommend this hotel and the kids club. Only recommendation I have to the hotel is that the kids club should use a sign out sheet for the children when collected by the parents. A sign in sheet is currently used, but adding a sign out would provide additional security.

Shame about the resort - I didnt like Palmanova at all, way too commercial and tacky. But thankfully the Viva was like an oasis out on its own away from all the apartments, shops, pubs etc.. But for anyone interested in that, the Hotel is only a few minutes walking distance away.

Room Tip: Book early !!!
3  Thank DawnJB
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed there for 4 nights in April. We did s/c and the room is spacious with a separate living room and a private enclosed space. Kitchen facilities are great . They even provide dishwashing liquid. The hotel has many amenities to keep the little ones occupied. My kids loved the hotel. There are washing machines and dryers which are free for use. Only need to buy your own washing powder which u can get from the supermarket next to the hotel.
Location is about 200m from the beach. There are also buses which can take u to town in 25 mins but can get crowded so it's best to wait at one bus stop ahead during peak hours.
The staff are also friendly and nice and there are entertainment for everyone at night.
All in all, it was a great stay for us

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Fyien
Reviewed 4 May 2011

stayed in Viva Palmanova over Easter. The hotel is very clean and tidy great staff and food.Lovely pools and garden area,there is nothing bad we could say bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: A pool view room is nice
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ballymaguigan
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed here with my 5 year old son and my husband at the end of April 2011. The hotel and its grounds are kept immaculate at all times. I also felt this complex was not too big and it was very safe as I knew where my son was at all times. It has fantastic kids pool which has a Pirate ship with 4 slides which kept the kids entertained for hours. The only complaint I would have is that the pools are extremely cold and apart from children I could not see too many adults swimming in the 2 bigger adult pools. The entertainment team are excellent and really take care of the kids by playing lots of games and organising activities for them.

The hotel apartments are also kept very clean and the cleaners comes in 6 days a week. The beds are comfortable enough and there is plenty of storage space. Each apartment has a view of the pool. The privilege apartments are the same as the regular apartments, the difference being they have a tiny garden, 2 sunbeds and steps leading to the pools. Maybe in high season this would be an advantage but at a cost of €25.00 extra a day there was no great benefit out of season as there was plenty of sun loungers for everyone.

The night-time entertainment was only average. The prices for beer/wine at the poolside bar were expensive at €4.00 for a large local beer and €4.25 for a local wine. I didn't eat at the hotel but my friends were booked in half board and said the meals were fantastic.

The location of the hotel is excellent. If you cross the road and go down the steps, the beach is directly in front and there is a lovely boardwalk for strolls. The beach has golden soft sand and is kept immaculte.

I found the restaurants to be very reasonable in Palma Nova. We ate in El Mecca at the end of the steps and kids got a free drink and ice cream. We also ate in Sopranos opposite the hotel and this also was lovely.

Overall, we had a lovely time at this hotel and resort and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody who has kids under age 10 years.

1  Thank KathyIreland30