“SUPERB!!”
Review of Zafiro Palmanova

Zafiro Palmanova
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just arrived back from a fabulous weeks holiday at Viva Palma Nova. Couldn't fault anything, it was such an amazing hotel with everything you could ask for. Spotless throughout, lovely helpful staff, great room, the best amenities for children. We stayed on a
self catering basis which wasn't a problem as there is a great supermarket, which locals use, just a 10 minute walk away. Less than 5 mins to a lovely beach and lots of local shops, bars and restaurants. If you want lively Magaluf is also walking distance. Will definietly go again and will recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tracey b

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Rooms spacious,clean and tidy,staff excellent and couldnt do enough to help you.Beer nice and cold ,food, very good choce and everyone catered for.There was only one thing to say about the stay is that the television only had the english and american news programmes and the rest were german and spanish.We went all inclusive as with it being a good hotel the drinks can be expensive.

Room Tip: Go all inclusive as it could be more expensive
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank bigal1_10
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel was excellent value for money, stayed last April, room only. The pools are not heated so were slightly cold, but hotel was amazing. Indoor pool, outdoor pool, adults only pool and kids pool. Was slightly closer to Magalluf than we expected but i did not mind as we did not go peak season. The beach is very near and lovley with many bars and resturants near (all which are reasonably cheap). The rooms were slightly dated but all very clean and spacious. Many things to do in the hotel, entertainment is provided, table tennis, football/basketball court, small spa and a gym. Do not think i could complain about this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kelseyhogan
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here with our 6 year old daughter and she loved the kids pool. It is a great area for children. If you want a chair to sit on, it may be impossible to get one. Every time we were in the pool area, the chairs were taken up by towels and floaties. Hardly anyone was actually in the chairs though. At night, the kids disco was a lot of fun. They had different acts each night that we all enjoyed. As for the room, not much to rave about. The A/C was not on when we got there and someone had to come in to do something up in the ceiling to make it work. Once it was working, it was great. There is a small fridge in the room along with a kitchenette. If you need some groceries, there is a great convenient store connected to the hotel. We enjoyed the boxed blood red orange juice from there and the doughnuts were delish. I would probably not stay here again, just because it doesn't seem worth the price, but it's not that bad either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank funtravels001
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here with my daughter aged 7 and my mum, we stayed here on dbb rate for 5 days whilst house hunting.
I did pay the extra to have a garden room apartment, but the hotel kindly up graded us on arrival to a pool view room apartment. I was very suprised how lovely this apartment room was. I was lovely an warm when we arrived in the room, staff were very friendly and waiting staff were fantastic! I can image it may feel over crowded in the height of the season, but to be honest this was a great place to stay. lovely indoor pool which was warm! a rare thing in spain, basic gym, but ok. great kids play area and the out door pools fantasic even tho too cold to use this time of year! nice area for over 18's with lovely sun beds and a nice pool.
Food here catered for all tastes - breakfast - variety of cerals, pastries, toast, fresh fruit, yogurts, cheeses, ham, pate. plus chef on hand to cook fresh omellettes, fried eggs and crepes, also streaky bacon, beans, mini hash browns and sausages.
Dinner - great salad variety, chef cooking either fresh fish or meat, there was always a stir fried veg and a pasta. pizza and chips plus a variety of other foods - fish and meats. puddings, cakes, fresh fruit cheese and ice cream .

I think even the fussy people could find something to eat! I could image may be a 2 week holiday may get a bit samey but on that note show me a hotel where there is different food every day for 2 weeks!
overall this hotel was great for what we needed and would happily stay here again.
It is bang on the magaluf/palma nova boards! - left at the end of the road takes you to palma nova and right at the end of the road takes you to the madness that is magaluf.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a garden view or pool view room! especially summer time as you are virtually right...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank danielle d
Reviewed 17 December 2011

A pretty decent hotel with big rooms, if a little dated, and 2 great pools. The area is a little tacky to be honest (5 mins walk from the main magalluf strip) and the hotel has a bit of a 'rough' feel about it. However, in reality the whole place was surprisingly good and although me and my wife won't be visiting the area again, we certainly had nothing to complain about with regard to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank Rorski1
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here for three days; two nights to begin our two week holiday. We are a couple with no children and I still love to go out and party on holiday but when I get back to the hotel I want it quiet so I can sleep. I also like a nice quiet beach. Since Viva was number one on Trip Advisor it’s where we decided to stay. I must note that I don’t have children and had there been a nicer adults only resort close to the craziness in Magalluf I probably would have preferred to stay there. But since we spend all of our day time at the beach and not the pool; we had no problems. We also were staying in the upgraded rooms; mainly because we went during peak season and I didn’t want to have to get up a 7AM to get a sun bed. We went out every night so didn’t even get in until close to 7AM. It really was unnecessary though because the upgraded rooms are closer to the main pool and had we stayed at the resort we would have gone to the adult pool anyway.

The adult pool area was really nice but close to the bouncy house since we didn’t utilize it I don’t know how loud it was. We didn’t partake in any of the entertainment at the resort mainly because we were there to chill on the beach during the day and drink and party all night. The hotel gets really quiet around 11PM; which was fine; that’s when we were leaving anyway. The funny thing is we heard the entertainment every night as our room was very close to the stage. The Lionel Ritchie impersonator was HORRIBLE and loud. I don’t know why Lionel Ritchie impersonators are so popular in Palma Nova, we saw a ton of restaurant advertisements for them, but the one at Viva was ridiculously bad. We were trying to nap, prior to going out later that night, and spent his entire set laughing at how incredibly bad it was. It was actually quite entertaining.

ROOM: I must say I was not that impressed with the rooms at Viva. They were quite simple, bare even. The couch was horribly uncomfortable. The bed was good enough though. We had problems with our plumbing. Apparently, waste from another room kept coming up in the kitchen sink pipes. We didn’t spend much time in the room; so when I figured out where the smell was coming from I immediately called the front desk. Unfortunately the maintenance staff did not speak English and my Spanish is very limited so I don’t really think they even understood what the problem was. We left the next day so who knows if the problem was fixed or not.

FOOD: We did half-board so all we had was breakfast. On Sunday they don’t do breakfast in the restaurant so they drop off continental to the rooms the night before. We didn’t eat that, but the breakfast in the restaurant was nice, standard European breakfast. Fresh breads, loved it! We ate and drank out on the strip so I have no review of the bar or dinner there.

BEACH: It is extremely close; on the side close to Viva is the family beach. The Magalluf beach reminded me of Miami. All of the bars and restaurants line the beach offering drink specials and playing loud music. I preferred the family beach side; quieter.

It was good time but if I go back, and I loved Palma Nova I really want to go back, I would not stay there again, I would try another hotel. Viva was good for what it was, but I don’t really know why it’s rated number one here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple