“Best hotel we've stayed in !!”
Review of Zafiro Palmanova

Zafiro Palmanova
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Best hotel we've stayed in !!”
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Fantastic hotel, perfect location - 2 minutes to Palmanova or Magaluf, very clean, brilliant staff - very efficient, animation team great. Kids (age 8 & 13) said it's the best hotel they've ever stayed in. Loads of bars, restaurants, cafes within walking distance, beaches - choice of 3 or 4 bays which were all clean and had life guards. Best pizza place at the end of the street called Diablos opposite Ennis's Irish bar. Recommended for families and couples ( the secluded adult only pool is a haven of peace and tranquility )

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Stayed here on a short mini break, it was a last minute thing, we booked the hotel through Alpharooms the hotel is located in between Palmanova and Magaluf, and about 250 meters walk to the beach. I wish we could have stayed longer than the 4 nights, really enjoyed our stay here, stunning grounds and swimming pools, Adult only pool with the most comfortable sun lounges you could ask for. We didn’t eat at the hotel, or watch any shows; we ordered a few drinks from the outside bars, which was fine. Would recommend this hotel to couples and families. We will return next year for a bit longer.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerseymick
Ireland
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Enjoyed our second stay this year at Viva Palmanova. 3 children 8,6,5. This time we decided to take the all-inclusive option after enjoying the food on our previous visit. The food is fabulous, lots of variety and top quality. Fantastic selection at breakfast with breads, cheeses, cold meats, eggs, crepes, bacon, fruit, etc.etc. lunch was poolside with fab pizzas, chips, calamari, and other snacks and sandwiches, dinner between 6.30 and 8.30 with a different theme every night, but always something for even the fussiest eater, chips, pasta every night so kds were happy, fab desserts. My one and only complaint about the whole week was that there is only one particular wine available on the all inclusive package and it was totally undrinkable, both the red and the white, so we ended up paying and extra E5.50 every night to upgrade the wine to a drinkable one! I felt we had paid well enough for our all inclusve and this annoyed me a bit every
night I have to say. It seemed a bit strange because you could have all wanted of all the spirtis and mixers, vodka, bacardi, cocktails etc with branded soft drinks, fanta, coca-cola, there was no "skimping" there so why have a poor quality wine with the all-inclusive. The staff in the restaurant were really nice and pleasant and worked really hard.
The cleanliness in the hotel is impeccable, kids club great, I dont know where they got their enegry from. Hotel was busy but always got a sunbed even in the afternoon. Entertainment etc finished up about 11, so perfect for families but would not recommend this hotel for young groups.
The hotel is in a great location for the beach.
Also just to note, my Daughter got a bout of tonsilitis while there, I went to reception to enquire about a Doctor, the very friendly and effecient guy there said no problem, he rang them there and then, and the doctor was in our room within 15 mins, good to know in case of emergency.
Air conditioning woked well. Apartment well equiped with kettle, coffee-maker, hob, fridge, hair-dryer, t.v., but no English speaking channels, except cnn, it would have been great to have an english speaking childrens channel, but we were aware of this and had brought our laptop and dvds, but would have rathered to have the tv channel. Wi-Fi free in the lobby , if you have the laptop and also pay per minute internet corner there too.

So all in all, staff fantastic, clean, great location, food great, pity about the wine and no english speaking kids channel, but on my return I emailed viva with my comments so maybe they will rectify them, they do seem to take customer comments seriously, which is why they are No. 1, I suppose!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank rose35
London
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I travelled the w/c 30/08 with my wife and two daughters (8 & 5) to Viva Palmanova and having booked my flights with easyjet in May, I booked the accomidation direct with the hotel.
I'd kept an eye on the price and noticed the price usually fell 5 weeks before an arrival, so you may want to keep an eye on this.
The hotel was of a good quality with the reception area giving a good impression from the off, the rooms were nothing fancy, but I was fortunate enough to have a view of both the pool and the main stage.
The brits were in the minority during my week with a good mixture of Germans, Dutch and Swiss.
The pool area is fantastic for young children with the largest pool at it's deepest coming up to my 5 year olds chest, as far as my daughters were concerned the pool area was deffinately the highlight of the holiday. The pool is closely monitoted by a Lifeguard.
The kids entertainment team are very good and theres always something going on, the night time entertainment is so so, but it was good to know it was there if we fancied an early night.
I booked halfboard but I can't say I'd recommend it, the food itself was ok, but for the price you'd get a better quality meal just 5 mins down the road.
Palmanova itself has a fantastic beach and as long as you don't stray into Magaluf, which is very close, it's a good family environment.
I was advised before I went to take in the 'Pirates' show and I'm glad I did as I though it was a very well put together show. I'd recommend only booking the crew deck as it saved me paying £48 for, what I saw as, a bread roll, x3 chicken legs, fries and a tub of ice cream !!! - be warned !
Took the bus to Palma and visited the Cathedral which was enjoyable and spent the rest of the morning wandering it's gardens and the shops in Palma, again I'd recommend this.
This was my second stay at a Viva hotel and is deffinately better then Viva Sunrise in Alcudia, all in all for a family holiday away in the sun I couldn't really fauly it, highly recommended.
Prices - Flight £360 / Hotel & H/B £1322 / Airport Transfer Return £57 (Janerbus) / Pirates Show £85 / Bus to Palma £3 pp / Beach Parsol & x2 Beds £9

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jazzadavies
Kildare
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have recently returned from a 10 day holiday in Viva Palmanova (our second visit in two years). As per our previous visit we really enjoyed our stay.
We have 3 young kids aged 8, 4 and 16 months and it is so important for us that the kids have an enjoyable stay to ensure we (the adults) can also relax and enjoy ourselves. I can confirm that our objective was met with great success.
We stayed in a privilege apartment with a pool view and it made our holiday. The garden and easy access to the pool was fantastic giving us peace of mind that our 16 month old could play safely in the garden while we could enjoy the sun while also being able to keep a watchful eye on our other two children. As usual the kids club and entertainment was excellent and the guys who entertain and look after the kids are a credit to Viva. We ate in the restaurant on most evenings which enabled my wife and I (and 16 month old) to enjoy a nice meal while the kids were entertained at the show. Restaurant is expensive compared to others in the area. If I was to have a negative comment to make it would be that it is very disappointing that there are no two bedroom apartments. We will need this next year and to be honest we would not wish to be split across two apartments. Also a gate to stop the little ones making their way to the pool area from the garden would also be good. We used the sun lounger to block it but really we would have liked to lie on it! By viewing some of the other apartments on our stay I can only assume this was not a view held by just us.

2 Thank JJERRL
Meath
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Booked very last minute to get away from rainy Ireland and picked Viva Palmanova apartments based on Tripadvisor. Booked directly from hotel website as could not get the dates I needed through Tripadvisors booking method. The place is very clean and apartments are very nice just about suitable for 2 adults and 2 young teenage kids. We paid extra for ground floor with small garden right beside pool and this was worth it. The complex is most suitable for families with children under 10.Place seemed to close at around 11pm, it was that quite. Mainly Dutch German and English stayed while we were there.Palmanova itself is your typical Spanish resort with a nice beech and crapy shops. Nothing much else to it. One or two nice restaurants with Dion being the pick for us.

1 Thank maxandmilly
Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Just back from 10 days at Viva Palmanova. Went with our two children - aged 4 & 6. Had a great time at the hotel, didn't leave very much, other than to go to the beach a few times because the facilities were so good. The hotel accomodation is good, though would recommend two bedrooms if travelling with 4 if you can afford it (we just did one bedroom). The pools are great and surrounded by palm trees and greenery- there are a range of pools for different aged kids with various slides etc. Our kids were never out of the pool. The food was good, though better at night than during the day. There is evening entertainment each night which varied in its quality but sometimes was very good.
All in all a great holiday and will go back to this or another one in this chain in Majorca again.

2 Thank clonskeaghfamily