“Nice and clean but the entertainment was terrible.”
Review of OLA Hotel Panama

OLA Hotel Panama
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If they had some good decent English entertainment on then I would say this hotel was very good. As it is, every night we were there the entertainment was either for toddlers or was in French. The food was OK but I wouldnt want to eat it everyday as it seemed repetitive and I did find a boiled egg that was black inside. The hotel itself was very well maintained and had a lot to offer in terms of ping pong, shooting, pool and golf (although the golf was rubbish). The walk to the Magaluf is about 15 to 20 minutes and by the 5th day my feet started to get blistered. The beach couldnt be much closer, I think If I took a running jump off the roof I could probably hit the sea. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the cleaners came every day but Wednesday and they were nice too. Would I go back? probably not, just cos the walk seemed to far everyday and I had to go out because the entertainment was so bad. Also the beds gave me a stiff neck for days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very clean hotel, the staff were really helpful. Within easy reach of bars etc and lovely sea front and beach. On a negative side the food was often cold. There were too many people crowded into the restaurant no matter what time you went for a meal, you have to squeeze through tables to get your food and then get back to your seat. In the bar when there was entertainment there were not enough tables and chairs. Our main concern was that children had easy access to ALL the alcoholic drinks that were left out on the self service bar. We were on the 5th floor and had great views a large room and it was clean. Nice swimming pool. I feel my fairest comment is we got what we paid for . Loved the area but wouldn't choose this hotel again.

1  Thank Arrozsin
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here from 24th to 27th due to our original booked hotel not opening in time. The Club Panama was very disappointing for a number of reasons.

The hotel seemed too full to cope with the number of guests staying there. Queues at meal times, a free for all at the self service bars, even the kids weren't supervised at the bars. The rooms, however are a lovely size and quiet, the roof terrace is a lovely peaceful place to Lounge. The pool is small and the area is very shaded.

The dining area is more like a canteen. you are squashed in like sardines as its quite a small room but has a lot of tables crammed into it.

The staff do their best and are polite, most of them. The hotel is dated, however it has a good location for the beach and shops.

I was very pleased to leave and check ourselves into out original hotel. 4 Days at the Panama was more than enough.

1  Thank Joanne S
olahotels, eCommerce Manager at OLA Hotel Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We are sorry that your stay at Ola Club Panama didn't fulfil your expectations.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in April 2014 with my partner, we had a lovely 6 nights here. The good things were the rooms were a very good spacious size and clean, could do with an update as very old fashioned... The self service bar was amazing no queing... Food was okay in the restaraunt but not a lot of variety... And location was great near lots of bars and restaraunts and the beach. The bad things were the bed was awful so creaky and annoying.... The restaraunt could was very small for the amount of people they can take, pool wasn't very big and not much room around the pool in the day. The walls in the room were very thin you could hear everything in the rooms next door. But other than that we had a lovely stay and would come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just back from a short break at this hotel, myself and a pal. Very good value (booked through Teletext Holidays , price included Easyjet flights from Stansted into Palma) and stayed four nights, three full days. Didn’t get transfers included, just hopped into a taxi at Palma Airport - €45 at night and €35 in the day. Well worth doing if you are getting into the hotel late – it meant we managed to get a couple of quick drinks in before the bar closed at 11pm! Staff very helpful and certainly seem to have their hands full at times – stag and hen parties were booked in but they seemed to manage them quite well when we were there. The self service bar works very well – spirits are not premium brands obviously, brand names I have never heard of and frankly hope not to again! Spirits were a bit rough so not sure I could have drunk them for more than a few days! However no obvious drunkenness (apart from one foul couple I will mention below). I am not sure if the hotel was full but there wasn’t much room around the main pool area during the day, and the sunbeds are right bang up against each other. Very difficult to find a free bed unless you are poolside very early doing the old towel on the sunbed trick to save it. However there is a roof terrace which was very quiet and we went up there to sunbathe. No bar there and no pool, hence the lack of people. It doesn’t look great as there is just cheap astroturf laid down here but it does the job if you want some peace and quiet. I took a couple of thermos mugs and we filled these up at the bar and took them up. No worries or complaints from the staff about doing that, and saves you going up and down in the lift for refills.

The food was pretty good quality, good variety and plenty of it. The buffet was abused by one woman who was piling food onto plate after plate obviously trying to sober up her boyfriend who ate none of it. It was all dumped in the bin. What a shocking waste and everyone around was pretty appalled – including the waiters – three separate waiters had stern words with them and well done them. But apart from that episode everyone staying there was good fun and friendly. There was a mix of age groups there which is nice. I would say about a 50/50 split of people from the UK and France.

The hotel itself could do with of a bit of updating and sprucing up (but this is reflected in the price). However rooms are a decent size, beds were comfortable enough, and everything is clean. Hotel is in a good location – but then you are never far from a bar in Palma Nova! If you want a cheap and cheerful party type break with friends then this is for you - but I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for a romantic break away with your partner!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Londongal_10
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hotel.
I feel it has gone down hill. Looking a bit tatty and tired now. Good location though.Full of stag and hen doos which was when we stayed. So not good for families.
On the 2nd day there was a major leak in the reception area which I believe was a toilet pipe which was left dripping and stinking for a further 2 days.Not very nice at all.Especially as it was right next to the entrance to the dining room.

Staff.
Staff were friendly and very helpful. The entertainment staff were constantly on the go but the entertainment was mainly aimed at the french.

Rooms.
Basic and bog standard.They have a fridge, Safe shower and bath, Although if you have a shower it floods the bathroom. The towel rack was hanging off the wall and we noticed little black insects around the sink and bed.

Food.
I am not a fussy eater but on this visit the food was bland and repetitive and usually just luke warm. You could tell they had turned what they had served for lunch into another dish for dinner.We ate out most nights.
The best meal was the breakfast. which we ate every day.

Location.
The location is ok. Just a few minutes walk to the beach and surrounding bars. Also close to a local Eroski supermarket situated at the top of the hill.

The drink and snack bar.
All local beers,wines and spirits. All soft drinks and all help yourself. Which is great as you do not have to queue to get a drink. Didnt see it being abused. Snacks are a bit hit and miss. Cakes, Biscuits, cold meats, Cheese and crisps.

Overall.
We would not recommend this hotel and would not return.

Room Tip: Higher rooms with pool view have a view of the ocean. Room 128 is a pool view but there is a palm t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in April All Inclusive - we have a 3 and a 5 year old. I found the hotel to be clean and the staff helpful. The room are big (family room) and have a fridge and hairdryer. The pool area was good and had a childrens pool which was perfect for us. The self serve bar was brilliant, help yourself to all drinks and snacks 11-11pm. The food/restaurant was sufficient lots of choice and chips every night. After 4 nights of the same kind of food, I was happy to get home. If I was staying for more than a week l would definitely have to eat out a few nights. Although there was variety in the food it all tasted very similar. The breakfast was the best! The hotel wasn't that busy when we stayed, I imagine in peak season it wouldn't be as pleasant due to fighting for sun beds (the pool area isn't huge) and queuing for food and drink. But brilliant value for our 4 night Easter break.

1  Thank Michele N