Three of us came here end of June 2013 for our first girly holiday. We were too early to check in on arrival but the receptionist did give us a room to place our luggage and also gave us our all inclusive bands so we could use to hotel facilities. Once getting into the room we found that it was basic but clean, the room was ideal for somewhere to sleep and wash as we didnt spent much time in there. We hired a safe and never had any trouble with any of the staff or with things in our room apart from the fridge not closing so water leaked constantly and the tv looked like it has been sitting there from the 80's. The bathroom was also basic and we always managed to flood the bathroom every night! I'll start with some of the negatives, other then the things not working well in the room I found the hotel to be really dated and old fashioned, especially the decor. Some of the staff (not all) were rude and annoying especially one of the childrens entertainers constantly trying to push us into things (What group of 19 year old girls wants that?) The pool has very limited number of sunbeds and selfish individuals were always up to their usual tricks by reserving them at god knows what time. There was often outsiders walking around the pool at different times of the day trying to sell you things (often trying to forcefully) which I didnt appreciate at all. If I was in the street I could understand it but sat around the pool in the hotel isnt fair. The biggest downfall on this hotel was the food. I'm quite a good eater but i seriously struggled, the smell coming from the dining room often made me bork and dread what was going to be in there. Be prepared to eat a lot of chips, pasta and bread.
The positives I found were the breakfasts (Sadly we only woke up early enough to have this once) they looked looked and tasted nice and also offered a variety. The self serve bar was one of the highlights, so much easier than having to queue and quickly decide what you want. You can have whatever you want, whenever you want and how strong you want, there was supposedly a two cup policy but I don think anyone bothered with that, there are also snacks layed out next to the bar all day if you get a bit peckish. The biggest highlight of this hotel for us had to be the sun terrace, we read about it in the brochure but some of the lads we made friends with had no idea until we introduced them to it! It's spacious, lots of sunbeds and ideal for sun worshippers. On the way up there was a tiny room with soft drinks in too which was helpful. It does say that only over 18's should be on the terrace which is perfect if you're like me and cannot stand screaming children 24/7.
This hotel was basic but clean! You definitely get a little bit less than what you pay for but if you're after somewhere clean to sleep and wash, with a self serve bar whilst you have a break from the crazy things happening down the road in Magaluf I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Panama is 4 Star hotel, located in Palmanova, not faraway from a beautiful Beach, where you can rest by the sea and play nautical sports. Palmanova is a tourist resort with lots of leisure facilities, like a water park, the dolphins show at Marineland, tennis clubs, go-carting and much more. At night, a wide choice of restaurants, shops, bars and discos let you to enjoy a lively atmosphere. The hotel offers All Inclusive and Half Board basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your OLA Hotel Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Panama Hotel Palma Nova
- Ola Hotel Palma Nova
- OLA Hotel Panama Palmanova, Majorca