“mixed views” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“mixed views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

enjoyed my stay there for a week took grandaughter ( age 5 ) even though animation team where mainly french must admit they really looked after kids my grandaughter loved them as special marie jo she is lovely thanks marie for all your hard work making my grandaughters hoilday .snacks during meals times could do with improving not the best choice have had better however food at meals times was lovely couldnt fault it. hotel its self is fine basic rooms but you dont go on hoilday to stay in your room like i always say its somewhere to rest your head and as long has its clean and it was .would i go back yes i would but not straight away has like to leave it a year or so before i return to a hotel afraid not one of these people who go to same place year after year all in all had a good time hotel staff are really friendly and helpful and i think thats what helps make your hoilday

Room Tip: we were in room 104 which to me was fine might not suit other people but suited us
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank kathleen h
olahotels, eCommerce Manager at OLA Hotel Panama, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your review, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Three of us came here end of June 2013 for our first girly holiday. We were too early to check in on arrival but the receptionist did give us a room to place our luggage and also gave us our all inclusive bands so we could use to hotel facilities. Once getting into the room we found that it was basic but clean, the room was ideal for somewhere to sleep and wash as we didnt spent much time in there. We hired a safe and never had any trouble with any of the staff or with things in our room apart from the fridge not closing so water leaked constantly and the tv looked like it has been sitting there from the 80's. The bathroom was also basic and we always managed to flood the bathroom every night! I'll start with some of the negatives, other then the things not working well in the room I found the hotel to be really dated and old fashioned, especially the decor. Some of the staff (not all) were rude and annoying especially one of the childrens entertainers constantly trying to push us into things (What group of 19 year old girls wants that?) The pool has very limited number of sunbeds and selfish individuals were always up to their usual tricks by reserving them at god knows what time. There was often outsiders walking around the pool at different times of the day trying to sell you things (often trying to forcefully) which I didnt appreciate at all. If I was in the street I could understand it but sat around the pool in the hotel isnt fair. The biggest downfall on this hotel was the food. I'm quite a good eater but i seriously struggled, the smell coming from the dining room often made me bork and dread what was going to be in there. Be prepared to eat a lot of chips, pasta and bread.
The positives I found were the breakfasts (Sadly we only woke up early enough to have this once) they looked looked and tasted nice and also offered a variety. The self serve bar was one of the highlights, so much easier than having to queue and quickly decide what you want. You can have whatever you want, whenever you want and how strong you want, there was supposedly a two cup policy but I don think anyone bothered with that, there are also snacks layed out next to the bar all day if you get a bit peckish. The biggest highlight of this hotel for us had to be the sun terrace, we read about it in the brochure but some of the lads we made friends with had no idea until we introduced them to it! It's spacious, lots of sunbeds and ideal for sun worshippers. On the way up there was a tiny room with soft drinks in too which was helpful. It does say that only over 18's should be on the terrace which is perfect if you're like me and cannot stand screaming children 24/7.
This hotel was basic but clean! You definitely get a little bit less than what you pay for but if you're after somewhere clean to sleep and wash, with a self serve bar whilst you have a break from the crazy things happening down the road in Magaluf I'd recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gemma1394
Thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review, about your stay at Ola Club Panama. We do value your feedback that will help us to improve our service.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with 4 of my friends from 10th May to 17th May. The hotel itself isn't that bad although the self serve bar does smell like sick which is strange! There wasn't that much entertainment for it to be an all inclusive resort.
It does cater to French as it is a French run hotel but not let it put you off.

The food was quite nice, laying around the pool was alright aswell you were bothered by the entertainment team to join in if you said no they got the picture.
It's in quite a good area close to bars an restaurants if you wanted to a night out.

The only bad thing I would say is my friend didn't exactly have the best of times. Her room started filling with sewage from the toilet and it started coming out of the shower too, she did get moved which was speedy an efficient but then got hit in the head with wood from the door frame in her new room. The receptionist at the time wasn't exactly helpful all she said was 'sorry' but when we were checking out the hotel manager couldn't apologise enough!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
First, thank you for your review. We do apologise for your friends incident, with the sewage pipes in their room, which have been repaired.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well I don't know where even to begin ,the food was terrible, we ate lots of time outside because the food was not fresh at all .The rooms are clean but the isolation and the beds are bad. The open bar is good , always friendly staff, big up to the waiters and reception. The pool is nice for the kids but too small and not enough sunbeds. The entertainment were the worst i ever saw , one of the reasons to come in this hotel after we ve been reading the good reviews,but not for English people anyway and the best the could bring was a sketch night as a travestite prostitute,we never came back surtenly not with the kids,they were always bored during the day and at the end they didnt even want to go to the kidsclub, a lot of parents were complaining about that,luckely they had the pool. we barely got to know them as well .It is a shame because we have been saving our money to finally enjoy a holiday but this was a huge disappointment

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gordon f
We are really sorry, for not having fulfilled your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Was not sure what to expect after reading reviews but got a good deal on a weeks stay for a single traveller.
Very friendly helpful staff on reception, entertainment staff were ok although more so if you were French, none of the other staff spoke to me.
Room was a good size with double bed, it was clean I'm not sure what the policy is but I never got my bed changed all week. Walls were paper thin so heard everything from next door. Don't expect a view balcony looks to hotel across the road, no sun on balcony either all day.
There was plenty of choice for each meal, first couple of days some of it was cold but as the hotel got busier it improved. I'm a fussy eater but I always found something on the menu that I liked the deserts were amazing. Snacks were basically cheese butties, crisps, biscuits.
Pool area was busy during the day so I went on the roof don't think many knew there was a sunbathing area up there.
The help yourself bar was great no one seemed to abuse and you didn't have to wait to be served, only had small thin plastic cups not great for coffee and they didnt even hold 1/2 pint beer.
Entertainment at night again was mixed Spanish dancers, parrot show, the mini disco for kids provided by entertainment staff was naff and some of it in French, there was also a comedy sketch again in French, I understand they are catering for everyone but it's definitely more French than English.
Although it's not a 18-30's party hotel and it has a playground and a slide into the pool I don't really recommend staying here with kids I've been to better in saying that I've been to worse.
Overall I enjoyed my stay - would I stay again - if I got a good deal probably.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joanne R
Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you soon again in our hotel. Next time, please contact the hotel staff, to request a room at the upper floor.
Aston Clinton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very good in many respects, great value, friendly staff, good selection of food.
I am a stickler for clean silverware. 4 nights there all inclusive and many meals later, I have to say that the silverware was spotless.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Richard E
Shepshed
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the ola club panama on a number of occasions.... Once again everything was good, 16 of us this time and we were given all rooms on the same floor as asked for. Good food & nibbles. We"ll be back again in October 14 . Not forgetting the complimentary bottle of wine !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends