“Good hotel”
Review of OLA Hotel Panama

OLA Hotel Panama
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed in a lot of hotels and this was a good one- don't listen to the bad reviews some ppl r never happy!! Staff friendly, food ok, rooms cleaned daily, great location for shops bars and beach, entertainment was a bit naff for older kids but my4 ages 8m- 13yrs we're never bored! Pint in banana joes pub only 1.80e!! Taxis on tap- pool nice and slide great for kids- sun beds r un chained at 8.30am self serve bar which was great no queuing! Little fridge in room , air con is on a timer which is a bit annoying we we're in rooms 202&203 no noise no prob- would defo go again :)

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Mumfydixon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just back from a 10 day stay and enjoyed every minute and more importantly kids loved it. rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels food was ok with always something to eat little bit dissapointed with all inclusive snacks (very french). Pool area is kept clean and tidy with a small pool for young kids and larger pool with a slide. all staff were friendly and fabio and his animation team were excellent entertainment for the kids and adults with different activities throughout the day and also the evening entertainment (look out for the MTV awards which is excellent)

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Danmoynan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After flying through the night with lack of sleep, we were really grateful to finally get to the hotel. It's a bit strange that they have no ramp and only stairs to get down into the hotel. Getting our room key was fairly quick. The size of the lifts are ridiculous (how do you families get in with all your children and cases in one run?) and be QUICK when getting in as they shut very fast. When getting into the room we noticed a double bed and a sofa bed. When booking we were shown pictures of two single beds so we returned back to reception to say we had the wrong room. The man said there was nothing he could do right then as the hotel was fully booked and to see him in the morning to be moved. He even asked me what time I would come back to reception to be moved. After a sleep we went back down with our cases and keys expecting to just drop off the room keys and take the cases to the new room. A rude woman advised that the rooms were all the same, no single beds. I will put the picture fault down to my travel agent who showed us them prior to booking and I accepted this however I then asked the woman why the man had asked us to return to be moved rooms when I explained to him what the problem was at the time. Instead of apologising for the misunderstanding she turned to me and said 'well he didn't tell you to bring your cases'. I'm sorry...what? I explained that we were told we were moving rooms....why would we leave our cases. I was really annoyed at her absolute cheek however did not want to loose my temper and simply walked away from her. I felt the staff in general had a total disregard to English visitors. Yes the hotel is mainly French however they could smile or say hello when you walk pass. On one occasion a male memeber of staff baraged passed me as I was leaving the bar area with soft drinks in either hand, he didn't even blink an eye. Very strange, maybe manners arnt taught where they are brought up. Unless you plan on waking up at 6am, don't think you are getting a sun lounger. We were both really disappointed with the cleanliness of our room. Absolutely positive the maid didn't sweep that much, we decided to stay one day to ensure it was cleaned properly. She swept, made the beds and changed towels. She almost walked away without mopping until my friend stopped her and asked her to mop. My friend also cut her elbow on the second night which left a small blood mark on the sheet that stayed there for three days until we pulled the sheets right off the bed as a blatant sign that we wanted new sheets. Lived off of chips and salad for a week. I would personally avoid canteen at tea time, the queue is ridiculous I would strongly suggest they turn it into a two sided buffet so that people can queue at either side for quicker service instead of a 100 person long queue for one tray of chips. Snack bar was rubbish. Anywhere I have been before have had chips/toasties/pizza. This had bread. Cheese. Nuts. Crisps. Only thing good is the self service juice and alcohol although it stinks to high heavens. Seen my first flying and running coakroach by the pool at night time...those things are fast. The location of the hotel is great.....shame about....the whole hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dmcin123
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Arrived about midnight on 28th June, perhaps arriving at this late hour set the scene! Corridors were dull and miserable with an old grey fuzzy carpet, not a great first impression and made you dread opening your room door. Rooms were very tired and basic with a small bathroom that got soaked every time you had a shower or used the sink. Had to hire remote for tv and air conditioning, air conditioning was restricted to certain hours. Meals were available at set hours with "snacks" available throughout day. When I say "snacks" I mean a basket of crisps, bowl of nuts and a chiller of cooked hams and cheeses, by night time these stunk to high heaven. Meals were geared towards the French (pigs' trotters etc), not much for kids to pick from. Salad selection was okay though. There were seven of us in total and we ended eating out for three evenings on the trot and spent a small fortune at McDonalds for kids, so much for paying extra for "all inclusive". Nice enough atmosphere around the pool area and pool-side reps did try their best to get everyone to partake in the daily activities. Limited bed area around the pool though and as there is a lot of mature trees there was long periods in the day when you would be in the shade. Evening entertainment just the usual for abroad but was mainly in French. In the main lounge area we did get a visit from several cockroaches, kids thought they were more entertaining than the actual entertainment. Self-service bar did work well though, no last minute queues and had a large variety available. As the world cup was on we were looking forward to watching some of the game, however tv was a 28" old fashioned one that you had to crowd around. Late night games were shown on a projector that was on a timer that cut off before the games finished! To summarise hotel old and tired, requires a face-lift - would not go back in it's present stay!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are not located next to football pitch as your balcony would be lower than the actual...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent a week in this hotel from 29 June until 6 July. On arrival I was disappointed at the exterior view of the hotel - badly in need of some redecoration; no ramp provision for anyone with a mobility issue (which I did not have). The main reception area was fine and the receptionist helpful in providing me with relevant information; our room was ready.

Our room had two double beds in it which surprised me as I expected two twin beds however that was okay. The room itself was okay; the TV was somewhat dated although I did not watch any whilst there. The bathroom was also okay with the shower and toilet functioning as they should.

The dining room I felt was a bit "tight" for the numbers of guests - tables were fairly close together and in my opinion there was potential for accidents with people milling around with food. The quality of the food was average.

The self-service bar was novel however given what this holiday cost I would have preferred to have had drinks served to me - I can serve myself at any time when at home. The range of snacks provided was poor and consisted of crisps, bread, cheese and salami; again for the price I would have expected to see chips, burgers, pizza at least. One thing I was very disappointed at was the lack of bottled water being available at the hotel - my previous experiences of all-inclusive holidays are such that bottled water was freely available. Given it was not this has to be purchased from the local supermarket.

I would not go back to this hotel if I returned to Palma Nova and will be feeding back this information to my holiday provider. I accept that the hotel is only 3-star but for the cost I expected more.

I have tried to be objective with this review and hope its useful to others.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the main road which did not particularly bother us. Its very easy to hear p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elsie C
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel was fine, nice big rooms, cleaned every day but Sunday, on the whole the food was good, always found something we liked. Bar was self service which was brilliant, it worked no queuing to be served, plenty of snacks laid on if you wanted them, pool area and terrace could have done with being bigger, entertainment was ok, there were a lot of French people there, but also quite a lot of English.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KingyWiltshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just returned from 10 nights. We requested a quiet room and were located on the 6th floor,which was perfect and we slept really well. Our friends were on first floor and were disturbed nightly by the noise of other guests returning to their rooms.
Hotel was mainly French holiday makers, however on two occasions they were quite disrespectful. Namely we went in for lunch- having sat on our sun beds all morning and our our return a French guy had lifted the towels and sat on the bed. He would not move, asking "did you pay for this sunbed?". Fortunately I spoke French and indicated we had only been 30 mins for lunch and we showed him the manual on reception staiting that you could vacate the sunbed for 30 mins and he moved but not before his girlfriend threw our stuff over the back of the sunbed. Another time we were asleep and another French guy pinched our umbrella.
Go to the solarium on the 7th floor-over 18s only but no shade. Soft drinks in the small room next to entrance of solarium.
We found the air conditioning restriction a little mean;once you hired the control it only was turned on between 7pm and 3am- come on Europe catch up with the usa and other parts of the world and keep us Brits nice and cool.
We went out for the football but sadly england were knocked out. Most channels on TV were French , englishx2 only but not too much of a concern.
All the staff were fab and we ended up communicating to them in French and did much better this way.
Definitely back for the euro football in 2 years.

Room Tip: 6th floor quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple