“this years review”

Globales Santa Lucia
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In my last years review i said that we would never go back due to the bug but as we followed the reviews on tripaviser we realised that after awhile there was no menchion of the bug, so as its such a place? we booked again. we as so sent an emain asking due to the fact the wife is a cancer sufferer would it be possable for us to have a nice quiet room in the sun! and what did we get??? one of the worst rooms in the hotel overloking the dust bins and the public walk was just under us with no sun till the evenings, and the worst thing was that the entertainment lounge was just below us so we had that noise blastin out till midnight the the noisy people coming hone from the clubs! we did ask the two girls?? on the desk if we could ghange rooms and one said nothing to do with us and the other just turned away. so no way would we ever go back there!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure that you dont get a room at the far end that is in the shade.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susieteddy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from a very enjoyable 10 night half board stay at the Santa Lucia hotel in Palmanova. Check in was quick and efficient. My wife and I, son and girlfriend stayed in adjoining rooms on the third floor. Every room has a sea view and ours overlooked San Matias beach towards Terranova. Room was well laid out with ample wardrobe space and coat hangers to spare. Bathroom was well equipped including hair dryer. Rooms were cleaned daily complete with fresh towels. We paid for the room safe and fridge in our room. Food in the buffet restaurant is probably the best buffet food I have tasted in over 40 years of travelling. Plenty of choice and variety available. The staff were very attentive and efficient although not always the happiest. This hotel has one of the best locations in Palmanova, walk down a few steps and you are on San Matias beach, across the road are numerous bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets. If I had to be picky the lifts could be a problem, we could wait quite a while for a lift but did not detract from the enjoyment of the hotel.
We will definitely return to the Santa Lucia in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tony R
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just returned from a week at the Santa Lucia. I have been to Palma Nova on many occassions and must say that this hotel is the very best I have ever stayed in from room to service, meals and particularly location. I am disabled and found that, if I did need assistance, nothing was too much trouble. I have now booked to go back next year and if it was possible I would give this hotel 11 out of 10 in every aspect.

BRIAN HARRIS. KEIGHLEY WEST YORKSHIRE.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank BH1945
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have just spent a week in this hotel with my Mam.
The hotel is very nice we were on the first floor, the room had not been updated but was still nice and clean. It is in a excellent location with beautiful views.
Yes people start queuing for sunbeds that open at 8am to get there spot !! but we are all guilty of this..Getting up at this time is a lie in for me..
The food was of a good standard and there was lots of choice. My only problem was the luchtime..it was as if everyone in the hotel was waiting in a queue for lunch.
hotel staff are a bit grumpy but the animacion team (Matthew and Jake) are excellent and work very hard.. The hotel entertainment was good and this is the only hotel I have been to were the holiday Rep is available all day.
Yes this hotel is for the older holiday maker but there was lots of people of different ages and everyone was very friendly.
I would return again to this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on a higher floor - they have been upgraded and are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just returned from a long weekend at the Santa Lucia hotel in Palma Nova. Although the superior room I had booked was not available, that was soon forgotten given the friendliness of staff and cleanliness of the hotel overall. The hotel is in an excellent location but I would recommend that it caters best for the older generation.
A special mention to Jake for his charm and good sense of humour.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank FrenchieT11
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Not long back from a great holiday in hotel santa lucia was celebrating my 50th baritday and a great time.I was in a superior room it was very nice and clean . All rooms have seaviews ours had pool view. all staff nice and Jake enteraiment lad was very good and allways. time to speak and have a laugh. The Scottish 6.

Room Tip: higher floors have superior rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CAROLINE T
Reviewed 25 May 2014

had a fab time here hotel was clean and lots of things to do!! would definitely go back and recommend! right on beach which is definitely a bonus and plenty of sun loungers. food was fine went half board and entertainment good

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family