Globales Santa Lucia
Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$151
US$144
Melia.com
  • Pool
Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$182
Cancelon
Zafiro Palace Palmanova(Palmanova)
2,158 results
All reviewssuperior roomhalf boardthomson repspalma novathree brotherscocktail barpool areasun deckevery nightnext yearthe hotel shopsea viewplenty of choicegreat holidayolder generationtea and coffee facilitiesevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel, and we were not disappointed. Our party consisted of myself, my husband, our 8 year old son and my mum. We had two rooms on the 7th floor and went fully inclusive. We even had a letter in our rooms from the hotel management welcoming us back again...nice touch. Hotel is clean and well looked after - yes the pool isn't huge, but it was never too crowded to be comfortable in. Fantastic location right on the beach with the shops across the road. We found the staff friendly and pleasant-including the very glamorous manageress-and they all made a huge fuss of our little boy everytime they saw him. Food was of good quality and plentiful. Drinks were of generous measures and the snacks and icecreams were great. The only downside at one point was the fact we had a locked connecting door between our room (715) and that of our neighbour (not in our party.) As it was only a single door and we had thoughtless extremely noisy neighbours, we heard everything they did and shouted!! Not good at midnight and the early hours..!! However, when we mentioned this at reception, they offered to speak to the noisy neighbours and informed us they have a 'no tolerance' policy on excessive noise. So my point being - request a room WITHOUT a connecting door. My mums room (709) was fabulous-would highly recommend requesting this room. I know people's views can differ vastly, but honestly my family and I love this hotel. Will definitely be returning next year..

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank DizzyBlonde1974
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I travelled with my mum and two daughters and we had a great time something for everyone. We were half board but decided to upgraded to AI and it was easy straight forward not problem at all. Hotel has a fab location, rooms cleaned everyday and the cleaners did a great job, we were on first floor and still has a sea view. The food was fab too with two fussy teenagers they always found something to eat and I don't just mean chips, having upgraded we had evening snacks and icecreams and lollies as much as you want excellent standard. The staff were always friendly and welcoming and worked long hours. Gemma and Matthew were great with entertainment. I think they helped make this holiday for girls as they loved taking part in all the games, Matthew even came in on his day off to entertain them. The evening entertainment was good although a couple of acts were great a few were not but that is the same everywhere. Quiz bingo disco always good. Didn't meet Thomson reps as been to palma nova before and we're only staying a week so we didn't do trips but they were always there if we had of needed them. No problem with sun beds although you did have to go down for 8 or you wouldn't get one by pool don't like saving beds but as they say if you can't beat them you have to join them and also we were on them straight after breakfast so didn't feel too guilty. Girls made lots of friends too so great holiday had by all Thanks you Santa Lucia hope to come back next year.

4  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just got back from 12 days at the Santa Lucia on HB basis travelling with my wife and 2 daughters .
Don't usually write reviews but noticed there where some very recent critical ones of this hotel and its star rating whilst we where staying there, which may turn people of booking a wonderfull holiday. This Hotel is perfect for families and is in an ideal location. The rooms are spotless though a little dated and cleaned every day with fresh towels. All rooms have a sea view which is great for chilling whilst the kids are showered at nigh, after a day out on the beach or in the pool. The pool itself is of medium size had very clean water with perfect visibility down 2+ meters in the deep end. The pool area is I agree rather dated and needs a little tlc on the flooring to prevent slips and trips, and the sun beds are rather cramped. As for availability of sunbeds - my wife popped down at 8 am every morning post queue and always got 4 beds. Parasols can be hired from a British run shop within the hotel foyer at 5 Euros for your stay. There was also poolside kids games throughout the day managed by 2 entertainment staff.
The all inclusive drinks appeared to be the usual local brands but the ice creams were good quality cornetto type - can't comment on the AI snacks as we were HB. The quality of food in the Hotel was excellent with both British and continental choices - tip if you don't like streaky bacon go to the grille where they do rashers. The evening meals where also high quality and well cooked with lots of meat choices and associated veg and salads, though a little samey in week 2 - the grille is worth a visit as they have a different choice every night.
The guests were all families from the UK and Ireland and we had a great banter round the pool and during the evening entertainment - which consisted of a mini disco, quiz, Bingo and 10 pm act, which varied from excellent one evening to poor on another - but that's the norm in most Hotels.
As for the staff - from the maid who cleaned our room on the 4th floor to the very glamorous manageress who meeted and greeted at the restaurant, we found them all very polite and great with the kids - can't believe the recent review saying they where miserable.
My only constructive feedback to the hotel is the visibility of the male lifeguard, we had a lady lifeguard one day and she watched the pool all day, however her male full time counterpart seemed to go walkabout a lot.
All in all we have high standards and I am wary of Hotels that have AI guests but this was a lovely 4* hotel and we will be booking again for August 2015.

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th floor and above have been refurbished to modern decor
9  Thank Rob G
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for a week all inclusive at the end of June at this hotel. We were in room 704 which was supposed to be a superior room.The room was very small and the balcony was tiny. We paid extra for a superior room, what a waste of money. For a superior room you get tea making facilities, an empty fridge and two cushions and a runner on the beds. Our room was towards the back of the hotel and we were woken every morning by the noise of delivery vans. If you want a sun bed and parasol you have to queue from 6.30am until they open the doors at 8.00pm. I need a parasol because I burn very easily, but I am not prepared to stand in a queue and then run when the doors are opened. We were told we could hire a parasol from the hotel shop which we did it was 5 euros a week. The parasol was a thin flimsy thing and did not protect us from the sun and I got burnt!. The food was very poor standard they staff were grumpy, especially the bar staff. At the bar we were made to feel like second class citizens because we were all inclusive. I do not think Thomson's have reviewed this hotel because it is certainly is not a four star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just returned from the Santa Lucia and can honestly say we had a wonderful time. The hotel is in a perfect location, right next to the beach and shops and bars nearby. There is an issue with the sunbeds, the pool is quite small, therefore the beds get snapped up in the morning rush, however we always found a bed available on the upper deck. We hired a parasol from the shop in the reception area for 5 euros + 5 euros deposit. It was impossible to get beds with a parasol unless you joined the early morning queue. That aside, the entertainment team worked hard and did a good job of keeping everyone entertained. The food was really good and lots of choice. The hotel manager was very elegant and always had a smile for the guests. We stayed in a superior room on the 6th floor, this was well worth it for the fabulous views over the bay, you also had a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, although I would suggest taking your own tea bags, the tea bags were quite weak, I like a builders tea! The hotel is very clean and the majority of the staff are friendly. All in all we had a really great time, I would recommend the hotel to anyone, I do like to go to different places, but I would certainly stay here again.

5  Thank Spritzer1