“Awful food”

Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Peguera
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for dinner after struggling to find anywhere remotely Spanish in this German catered area. Most of the menus were in German primarily.
I can honestly say the food was rank rotten in this place. The salad at the salad bar was definitely not fresh and the ribs as a main were vile.
I don't think I've ever had such horrid food in a restaurant... Ever!
On the plus side the staff were absolutely lovely and couldn't do more - attentive and polite - the only downside was the pig slop they were dishing up.
To be charged 50 euros was hilarious! Thank goodness for the crepe van along the road. I've no idea why it's had any, let alone so many good reviews. I would never come back to this area - why come to Mallorca to speak German and eat German food?!

5  Thank 100Naomi_W
There are newer reviews for La Hacienda

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great atmosphere, staff very friendly, steaks and mixed kebab very good, free salad bar with every main meal, no need to have a starter, unless you are staving. We visited twice, as this was very good value for money, with very good food. Not a gastronomic experience but still very good. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

this was the second time that I had visited La Hacienda, my parents, brother, sister in law , their two young kids and myself went here for a meal to celebrate the end of our holiday in this lovely area. Never got round to reviewing this but was just reminded of the experience recently. the concept is great, salad bar is excellent with a great selection of stuff. we were a tad put off by the abrasive attitude of the lady who initially served us, my sister in law asked the lady if it was possible to just have a simple spaghetti bolognese for my 3 yr old nephew, this simple , polite question was met with a sneering response where the lady ( who I assume was the manageress or charge hand, she was certainly the senior member front of house) said , " what? I don't understand, we don't sell that" , really you served it last time we visited , sorry for asking. I remembered how beautifully cooked the pork fillet with peppercorn was the first time I visited La Hacienda so I ordered the same thing once again. there was still a bit of an atmosphere after the way that my sister in law was spoken too but we tried to put it aside and enjoy the food and company as it was close to the end of a nice holiday. our food arrived, 3 of our party had ordered the Rib-Eye steak which as a chef, I regard to be a beautiful tasting piece of meat with a tuppence sized eye of fat in the centre, most of us were not disappointed, my pork was lovely, the only issue was that my sister in law's rib eye seemed to be from the end that I'd personally start using for stock. it was more than 50% fat, very little meat and was not too palatable. we brought this up with the lady in charge, this was met with the response " If you don't like fat, order something else, ribeye has fat maybe a rump would suit you best? Next time don't order ribeye" . You never speak to a customer like that. The lady admitted that it was from the tail end of the rib and tried to blame the customer for being unhappy with the meat to fat ratio. I would never serve a ribeye that looked like that. Atrocious customer service. also people seemed to be smoking throughout the restaurant, even under covered areas. i'm sure spain tightened up the smoking laws back in 2011. it's not appetising having people puffing smoke all over you when you're trying to eat, never mind the atrocious, arrogant attitude of the lady who served us. Won't be going back. I'd rate this higher but the attitude of that one senior member of staff and the poor quality of a steak sinks this ship like the Bismarck.

5  Thank centralis15
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great night was had by all. I am rarely in Peguera as there are some great restaurants closer to our family's home BUT it was worth the drive. There was a table of 8 of us, the service was swift and very very friendly. The menu is pretty big and there were a few things I was tempted to have. The meat and fish that our table ordered arrived quickly and everything was delicious. Very pleasant atmosphere inside. The outside of the restaurant isn't the most inspiring and truth be told had our friends not made the choice to come here we would have driven by it and not given it a second glance BUT we are all delighted we came here and will def come again. Our friends who had visited La Hacienda before in the winter months said that there are roaring fires on in the winter - what impressed me was we went out of season, on a Tuesday night and the place was pretty much full. A sign of a popular place! Great staff, friendly service, even when we were the last table to leave well after midnight - a gem of a place. Make sure you book!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Like most of this side of mallorca, the tourism is mainly German, which personally I find means it's usually good!!! This restaurant is no exception but we were still made very welcome! Steaks were fab as was the chicken. You don't need a starter as the salad bar has chicken and meat options too (will save you a bit of dosh and room for mains)! House red wine was also good. My partner got a fillet steak but I think the rump looked just as tasty and for 30 euros for a fillet, it was a small cut (did taste good though). Enjoyed and worth the trip from camp de mar (were we were staying).