“Yet another wonderful holiday at the Villamil”

Hesperia Mallorca Villamil
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Peguera
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Recently returned from yet another excellent stay at the Villamil. The staff are just wonderful and make every stay special. The quality and selection of food is very good in every restaurant and we especially enjoy the BBQ's on a Tuesday evening. The location is stunning and we hope to keep returning for many years to come.

Room Tip: Sea view foom is a must.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny R

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My elderly parents stayed at this wonderful hotel for a long weekend recently so they could join the rest of the family on holiday. They absolutely loved it and so did we. Staff were patient, helpful, kind and polite, the room was beautiful and the views were amazing. The fact that it is situated so close to the town centre and the beach makes its location ideal. We ate in the Terrase Restaurant and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Fiona W
Reviewed 27 August 2013

It is the third time we have been at Majorca and the second time at Villamil (the first time we were here in 2003). I can say that no significant changes have been done since our previous stay. The hotel is almost 65 years old and the most recent renovation was done about ten years ago. Keeping in mind that it is a four star hotel, you still expect to have a higher level of service when you see a remarkable building, nice area of the hotel. Starting from the beginning, when you come, nobody will help you with your luggage, which is not convenient when you travel with children. Not all reception staff is good in English, thus misunderstanding occurs quite often. So if you want to have your issue being resolved, do not try it to do over the phone. Do not choose beach rooms ##1-14 (which are very nice, full of light especially if to compare with the rooms in the “main building”) if you want to sleep long as the pool staff (pool terrace is located above those rooms) starts to move the sunbeds since 06:30-06:45. Several times we contacted the reception, but the wake-up time is the same. Air-conditioners in the main building rooms are old and noisy.
Restaurant: next time I would not take HB, however, it should be admitted they try to make it various with Italian, Majorcan cuisines or grills set in the garden. The a la carte Terrase restaurant has a very short menu and a wine list, so it would not be option for visiting it often.
The location of the hotel is great with Palmira beach located in 2 minutes walk. However, towel rent is organized in a following way: you can get the towels at the reception only, that seems to be strange. Why not to have it at the pool for example?
Cleaning – our balcony has not been cleaned while we were at the hotel, thus it was full of sand.
So I have got a very contradictory impression of the hotel, from one hand it pretends (or has been pretending) for high class service, however currently utilized facilities do not allow it. As it was indicated in one of the previous reviews, I would not stop at this hotel next time if there is another option. But I do not know better hotel in Peguera, which is not very motivating for hotel owners to invest as the guests would probably come anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank alenchik2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

hotel has a superb location , close to the beach , swimming pools good
friendly staff, very clean everywhere bedrooms , lobby , dining area ,
excellent breakfast
towel service useful
tennis courts , table tennis etc all good

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Well, what do I say, that I havn't said before.........just love this boutique hotel........... we have been to this' llittle bit of paradise' 3 times before and I would just like to thank the Director Mr Alejandro Garrido and all his staff for another wonderful stay........management is always visable throughout the day and evening if you have any questions ...........and all the staff are so helpful, efficient and pleasant..........
the location is second to none....... coupled with great food and excellent service ( don't miss the breakfast it is Fab )......... pool overlooking the beach with a great bar serving drinks throughout the day with lunch in their courtyard ... Throughout the week there is various entertainment in the Andrax Bar... on Monday evening in the 'Andrax ' outside overlooking the ocean a welcome glass off champagne and canapes for new arrivals ....... tuesday a great bar-be-que ,Thursday evening a free boat trip around the island ... our favourite is the al-la-carte restaurant the Terrass, with 'Paco' the head waiter who is wonderful .... who could ask for more........ On a personal note: unfortunately, I was taken ill and spent 6 days in hospital having 2 operations, the reason I mention it was that the hotel was wonderful in looking after my husband at this difficult time... reception helping him with banking and paperwork and the rest of the staff making sure he ate and was looked after........ A special mention for Beatrice
in Management who was so kind to us both especially me, visiting me in hospital, ringing me each day and looking out for my husband, when returning to the hotel making sure that I had additional cushions etc., on the balcony to make me comfortable and arranging a special diet.
I really cannot think of any other hotel anywhere who would have put them selves out so much
to look after their guests... we are so grateful.........fortunately we had already booked for another 2 weeks this September .... can't wait

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather-beano
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We chose the Villamil because it is located in the middle of the beach town in Peguera. We go to tennis training every morning at the Tennis Academey Mallorca which is 3 minutes away by car. The hotel is a good bet since it is run by a large chain but in return they do not provide much attention to details or personal care.

For example, you have to pay a deposit for the beach towel because it is so precious and they run out of clean ones most of the time (and yes you have to exchange a new one with your dirty one).

Also, the sun chairs by the pool are constantly "occupied" by other guests simply by leaving their precious beach towel on them over night. A newly checked in guest would find it hard to find a lounge chair.

The garage, which we paid a good 10 euros every day for parking, is located in a garbage dump. You have to ward off flies while you try to get into the car without breathing. Finally, the staff are at best noncholant about their work or your needs (its not the "island syndrome" as we have experienced perfect service in many other places).

The rooms are very dated and it really reminds me of the 80's.

The only redeeming thing is the beautiful terrace (bar andratx) where we can sit and sip cocktails while watching the sun set. Would I stay there next time? Probably not. But then there are'nt that many options in Peguera.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelbug852
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel every summer for 11years by now, and so I closely associate it with my childhood. The same is true for my friends; there's something about the hotel that entices us back year after year.
The rooms have an old world feel, and are classy, airy and clean. The architecture of the whole thing is gorgeous. The waitors are by now close friends, and although the buffet is repetitive, the BBQ is heavenly, and there are plenty of lovely restaurants close by. The hotel is situated right on the beach, yet it's hard to leave the pool!
The hotel makes me completely at ease, and relaxing is easy in such beautiful surroundings (the garden is my favourite place). This is a gem of a hotel and I would recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ChocoPig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peguera
Gran Melia de Mar
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
#2 of 78 in Playa de Palma
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Hesperia Mallorca Villamil? Share your experiences!