“It grows on you!”

Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Peguera
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“It grows on you!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was heading out to Paguera on a girls holiday. Two of the other girls booked this hotel and to be honest, I was dreading going to this place because of some of the reviews and pictures online. We arrived at the hotel at about 3am, so very tired. At first glance it looked to nice. However as we checked in and took the very dodgy lifts (doors only opened for 2 seconds) my first impressions dropped dramatically. The wooden walls were horrendous and don't get me started on the old fashioned rooms. We only had two plugs. One in the bathroom and the other was high up on the wall being occupied by the ancient TV. At this point I wanted to pack my stuff up and leave. The next day we went down to the restaurant for breakfast, this lifted my spirits up. Food was well presented however the bread rolls were very stale. Some of the animation team then introduced themselves to us, they made our holiday! So friendly and welcoming. The reception staff were also very helpful; booking our taxis and day trips. Even giving us extra keys for the room. The hotel was very clean. The pools were lovely however I have to admit that the sea was a lot warmer. Paguera is also a nice place to stay with a market on Tuesdays and many restaurants around. I would recommend this hotel for those who want a budget holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. We did however sadly we did not get one. Also try to get one facing the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissJ123123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 1 August 2014

That was our first time in Mallorca, and it was perfect. It is a very good 3stars hotel, with excellent service and staff. The view from the room was marvelous, the area and the atmosphere was also very very good. We lived in the superior part of the hotel, only less than 5-10 percent more cost, but all the rooms were refurbished. The meals were excellent, lot of different food and drink, even sea food, chinese food, and traditional spanish food (paella, tapas. Etc.) Only the scrambled egg was bad :):) Perfect value for good money. Good location, Palma only 3,8 euro by bus, in every half hour! Magaluf is also very close :P The animation team was quiet good, but the programs was not enought during the day, except the night programs!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThaBubbles
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at beverly playa after looking for a low cost holiday whilst not compromising on beautiful beaches. We booked the hotel for July 3rd - July 10th. Upon arrival we checked in and our initial impressions of the room were not great. The beds were very hard and despite booking a double the beds were two single beds pushed together. However we did not find this to be a big problem. We were only supplied with one, very thin, pillow each however were happily given another two at the reception. Although the rooms are said to have air con we found that it didn't function brilliantly however we simply kept the balcony door open to let fresh air in which solved the problem. We had a room on the 6th floor and the views were spectacular. Exactly what we wanted. The lifts however, to get to and from the 6th floor, were very dangerous as the doors would only stay open for around 2 seconds and the sensor wouldn't work therefore almost closing on people trying to get into the lift. Furthermore many people relied on the lifts therefore it took a long time to get an available one especially at breakfast times. The breakfast had a great variety of food, continental and cooked. The rolls were stale and the meat selection looked odd at the best of times. The cooked breakfast however was alot better. The fruit was visibly fresh and by far the best aspect of the breakfast. Despite all of this; the hotel grew on us and although the bed was hard we had a comfortable sleep every night. We paid 150£ for a weeks stay including breakfast, therefore we got great value for what we paid for. I do recommend the hotel for a budget holiday with great beaches in a central location. There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel which has a frequent service to palma city, palma nova and magaluf for the days you want to venture further out. In regards to the area being very german, this is true. All marketing is in German and most restaurants are ran by Germans, however English is spoken everywhere and didn't prove to be a big problem.
Overall we had a great time, the hotel was in a great location with great views and us great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank angie s
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Beverly Playa from May 16-23, 2014. We had never been to Majorca before and were pleasantly surprised that there was such a reasonably priced all-inclusive hotel located right on the beach with a wonderful view! Our room was on the 7th floor and we could walk out on our balcony and see breathtaking views of the ocean and mountains. The food was delicious and plentiful. The service was wonderful, both at the bar and the restaurants, and in the nightclub where the shows are performed. The staff could not have been more accommodating! We were the only Americans that week, which was just fine with us....we like to meet people from other countries. Most of the people that week were German and French. We had no problem getting comfy chairs around the beautiful pool every day. There is shopping within walking distance, also many restaurants if you care to try them. We ate at the resort every meal though, the food was always fresh and delicious, why eat anywhere else? Wine and beer was serve yourself at the restaurant, but everywhere else you needed to get your drink at the bar. They did serve cocktails as well as wine and beer in the bar. The shows were very interesting, they had a flaminco show, a drag queen show, and a really nice romantic one that used effects on a screen behind the dancers...very nice! I would highly recommend the Beverly Playa...we will definitely stay there again if we are lucky enough to go to Majorca!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rhonda r
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited at beginning of June and had a wonderful stay . Booked a single room but had a double bed! Room really big for one person with good bathroom with shower and bath!
Hotel is excellent with lovely pools, large grounds and spacious inside - all inclusive was fantastic and so much variety! The location was fantastic and everything close by and felt safe in the resort! Looking to return again soon!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maureen767
Lancashire
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from a great 4 day break with my wife.
Hotel is being updated & we where on the 9th floor in one of the refurbished rooms,small with 2 beds, nice balcony,clean & excellent bathroom.
Great view from balcony, buffet style restaurant.
Great value for money, definitely book again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dotcom149
Kent
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After being on the Hoppa transfer and viewing some of the other hotels on offer I was SOOO relieved when I arrived at the Hotel Beverly Playa. After a welcoming check-in I found I had been kindly upgraded to a twin room, with sea view plus I had early admittance to my room too, fantastic thank you it was really appreciated. I found all the staff to be really friendly, kind and nothing was too much trouble, I asked for a cup of tea and was also bought biscuits it was those special touches that made my stay so memorable. My room blew me away it was lovely every thing I could have hoped for and balcony view was to die for. All areas of the hotel were clean and tidy and amenities indoor pool, outdoor pool, bar area were fab. The only down side was room walls were a little thin and I could hear my neighbours talking but as I was on my own it was a comfort to me and because they were German I couldn't understand them anyway and by the time I went to bed it had all gone quiet so was fine.

The location was fantastic, right on a beach only very short stroll to main shopping street where there were restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel had tennis courts pools mini golf and it was more than enough for what i needed.

As I have stated previously ALL staff (receptionist, bar staff, pool staff, managers, waiters, cleaners) were kind and friendly and nothing was too much trouble, I was never made to feel uncomfortable that I was travelling on my own...I would also like to thank the tall dark handsome manager who kindly kept checking everything was to my satisfaction and at dinner took my water bill so I didn't have to pay for it, it was really kind of you and appreciated my only regret was that I never got your name, when I left it must have been your day off and couldn't thank you or leave a message to thank you personally for your hospitality and kindness.

Breakfast self service: There was a choice of continental breakfast, cheeses meats, croissants, toast, cereals, fruit, sausage, bacon eggs, juices, tea, coffee.
I never went into lunch.
Dinner self service: A choice of white, red, rose wine, beer, fizzy drinks. Big selection of breads and a different soup of the day each night, a big choice of salad, and then a choice of 3/4 different meals a night, deserts were various selections plus fruit, all very nice that I tried I was just thankful some one else had cooked for me so anything would have been appreciated!

My room was lovely clean, I had shower in bathroom which was lovely and roomy instant hot water, very clean and shampoo and shower gel sachets in bathroom. Lots of wardrobe space and big full length mirrors, lots of lights in room, beds were comfy and sitting chair, balcony area chairs were comfy and view was breath taking, no hair dryer but you could get them from reception if asked.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others...it is predominantly a German hotel but I found guests and staff very friendly... If you are a gastro fanatic it maybe not for you but it is what it is and I loved it, there are plenty of surrounding restaurants, it was perfect for my first short single break away, it is right beside a beach and I will definitely be returning, what could have been an uncomfortable situation being and travelling on my own for the first time was made into a very enjoyable relaxing trip, thank you to all involved ;0) x

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor room 403 and I loved it hope you will too!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo