We stayed at the hotel for a week from 14th - 21st Aug 12 on an all inclusive basis, Initially we were allocated room 224 which was very good apart from that it had been used by a smoker previously and had the stale smell of tobacco, even though the rooms are no smoking. I told reception and they changed our room without any problem. The room allocated (8, one of the villas / bungalows) was spacious and well fitted out, the beds are very firm but having a back problem this suited me. Never switched the TV on so could not say what was on offer. Room had a fridge provided so could keep water cool. Water was available from water dispensers around the hotel and bar areas, would recommend that you keep a water bottle and fill it from the dispensers so that you can have a drink in your room to take tablets, pills and potions etc.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and had a wide variety every lunchtime and each evening. Good choice for breakfast with the english breakfast option available along with fruit, yoghuts, pastrys, cheeses and meats and the good old toast. There were a few themed nights and the sushi was very tasty! Hot food options were avaiable each night including meat and fish (not all pork as has previously been stated about this hotel). the array of salad options was fantastic and the presentation was very artistc. (did not have a chip all holiday!!) Only problem with the restaurant was it was very hot at lunch and evening time and desperately needs either aircon or a way of getting a flow of air through the room.
The pool and terrace areas were very clean and there were plenty of sunbed and parasols to go around, infact most days there were spare ones around the terrace area. The location of the hotel up on the hillside meant that there was little noise even during the day and this added to the quiet relaxing feel of the hotel
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, one of the bar staff was very grumpy one day but everyone is entitled to have a bad day. The thomson reps worked very hard and were very helpful. The entertainment was not west end or broadway but was enjoyable and far better than some of the acts on Xfactor (not that i have seen it).
Did not use the spa area so unable to comment on what it had to offer.
Hotel provides a regular bus service to the town as it is quite a walk and coming back it is all up hill.
Good mix of nationalities from around europe.
A good hotel for a relaxing time! I would have given an excellent rating apart from the restaurant needing aircon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galatzo hotel is situated in the south west of Majorca, the largest of the Balearic Island group. Built on a hilltop between the village of Paguera and the residential area of Costa de la Calma and close to the coast it offers magnificent views over the Mediterranean Sea. Surrounded by its own extensive sub tropical gardens that guarantee a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, the Galatzo hotel is the best place to make its guests forget about daily routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Hotel Galatzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Galatzo Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Galatzo Majorca/Peguera