My husband and i have just returned from a weeks stay at Luabay Galazto. I have never met staff as pleasant and helpful. We arrived at about 10am and checked in. We were in a bungalow 33. Sea view,just about.! Room was clean. Asked for double room but got twin room obviously with single quilts. We didnt complain as they were so comfortable!! We had a fridge for our own personal use and two phones.Why 2 iam not sure. Basic room with a large bathroom and a good powerful shower.Room service everyday. We had a problem with our electric keys. We must have gone through about 10 that week and had to keep walking back to reception to get them reprogrammed.They wouldnt open the door.The food was nice,could have been hotter as some meals were just warm. Good variation of salads ,main courses,fish and deserts and fruit. Waiters on hand to serve drinks and clear your plate quickly when you had finished. The pool area was lovely and peaceful with its own bar and at lunch you could get burgers,chips,pialla around the pool.Sunbed-bar.Had to grab sunbed early or you didnt get one. On leaving at 6-30 people putting their towels on the beds!!! Evening entertainment was well organised and Kaz and Kelli did a great job in mixing with everbody day and night. The resident duo Infusion were very good. Fabulous voice and excellent guitar playing. Miguel the waiter was great remembering drinks and good sense of humour i can safely say he seemed to love his job. The walk into Paguera was not for the faint hearted. We are quite fit but the heat totally put us off walking there and back. The shuttle bus was great.It ran until he had picked everyone up and had taken everyone that was waiting.We went into Santa Ponsa which cost about ten Euro each way.You are out of the hustle and bustle but not out of reach of places for a small taxi fare.We would stay there again as it was tranquil and no children. We have teenagers ourselves so not against kiddies but nice not to have them about the pool.There were activities in the day if you wanted to participate,boules,rifle shooting,quizzes,Sangria making.The layout of the hotel is very winding with little paths and steps. If elderly may find it a bit hard going. Paguera is a nice place to go with plenty of eating places and shops. The majority of holidaymakers there seem to be German with a small amount of British. We went all inclusive which we thought was better value than half board.Thomson rep was always about and on hand.Seemed to do her job well and very informative.I think i would have liked more comfy chairs on the balcony though.Very quiet room and couldnt hear anything outside at night. There was a tapas bar which we didnt try. Was never full,and Vista del Ray restaurant which we didnt use.Overall it was an enjoyable holiday and we would go back again. There is always a niggle but dont let it put you off choosing to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galatzo hotel is situated in the south west of Majorca, the largest of the Balearic Island group. Built on a hilltop between the village of Paguera and the residential area of Costa de la Calma and close to the coast it offers magnificent views over the Mediterranean Sea. Surrounded by its own extensive sub tropical gardens that guarantee a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, the Galatzo hotel is the best place to make its guests forget about daily routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Maritim Hotel Galatzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Galatzo Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Galatzo Majorca/Peguera