Just returned from Peguera, Majorca which is a fabulous holiday resort - shame about the hotel. The Madrigal has two sections, Self Catering Apartments and Hotel Rooms. Although we were half board clients, on arrival we were allocated Self Catering Apartments. These apartment rooms left much to be desired, being dark, rather cramped accommodation with a pervading damp odour and dingy décor, plus a general air of aged unkemptness. We were a female party of 2, with a booking for separate rooms. One apartment was on the 1st floor the other on the 4th floor. After complaining about the unacceptable state of the rooms to the Reception staff, we were immediately offered a room change the following day, and were allocated two rooms on the same floor in the Hotel Room section. This accommodation was of a better standard and appeared to have been either refurbished or built at a later date than the rooms in the Apartment block. The Madrigal is located in a good position for the beaches, local shops and restaurants, however I would recommend booking room only! Do not expect a restaurant, this is Canteen Standard only and the food basic and uninspiring. Evening entertainment was of the "HI DE HI" variety! The Reception Staff were as helpful as their command of English allowed as this is not an International or Cosmopolitan Hotel, the majority of the cliental being German. Would I stay here again? No! However the Resort is lovely and so was the weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 4* hotel, HSM Madrigal, stands out for its family and friendly atmosphere, as well as its location in a quiet area. But, at the same time it is located only steps away from the beach and a main promenade of Paguera! Making the hotel a perfect place to both relax and enjoy all the attractions the resort has to offer. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: HSM Madrigal is situated in Paguera, the south east part of Majorca, in the municipality of Calvia. The resort is very popular among the tourists thanks to its microclimate and mild temperatures during the whole year. Paguera boasts of its beautiful sandy beaches located within charming caves. The beach Tora is located closest to the hotel (150 m), but there are another 2 beaches nearby: Palmira and La Romana. The heart of the resort is a promenade with many shops, bars and restaurants, just 300 m from the hotel. It is a perfect place to practice sports, such as: tennis (15 clay courts are situated just 15 minute walk from the hotel), golf (Andratx Golf Course is 6 km away. There are also the following golf courses in the proximity: Golf Poniente, Golf de Santa Ponsa or Real Golf Bendinat. Hiking is also a popular pastime with many of our guests! Paguera has good connections (via beautiful pedestrian promenade) with others resorts of Calvia: Santa Ponsa, Palmanova, Magalluf, Portals Nous or Bendinat. There is also a lovely rustic promenade which leads to the villages of Capdella and Calvia Villa. Palma de Mallorca is 20 km away and the airport 30 km from the hotel. There is a public bus service to the capital, the bus stop is situated 100 m away from the hotel entrance. STANDARD ROOMS: The hotel offers both double and double single use rooms with all kind of facilities and elegant decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, hairdryer, heating and air conditioning, a safety deposit box (extra fee), mini fridge, telephone, WIFI (extra fee), satellite TV and a balcony! JUNIOR SUITES: These completely refurbished rooms offer maximum space (around 32 m²) with maximum comfort. The modern, minimalist space rooms are decorated in warm, Mediterranean colors. All of the rooms offer air conditioning, parquet floor, 2 separate beds, sofa (convertible into an additional bed), spacious wardrobe with a safety deposit box (extra fee), mini fridge, cable TV on a flat screen and WIFI (extra fee). The refurbished and modern bathroom offers spacious shower facilities for your convenience. All rooms include one or two balconies, some of them - on the ground floor have the possibility to place 2 sunbeds. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers half board or all inclusive packages. There is a nice restaurant overlooking the swimming pool that offers a large selection of hot and cold dishes, as well as a wide variety of fruit and homemade desserts. Drinks in half board are not included in the dinner price. All inclusive offers, besides 3 main meals, snacks between meals and all kind of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream during the whole day. The clients are asked to wear suitable clothes for dinner. FACILITIES: HSM Madrigal has a swimming pool for adults with a separate space for children. The pool is situated in a beautiful garden between the hotels two buildings. A terrace with sunbeds and sunshades, and bar service are available at the pool. Inside of the complex there is an indoor bar and comfortable common areas that include the reception area and a game room. Storage rooms are available for bicycles. CHILDREN: Children in HSM Madrigal are more than welcome. They will have fun playing in the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area accompanied by the entertainers. Baby cots and high chairs are available in the restaurant at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. Pool towels and bathrobes for rent (with a deposit). WIFI is available in the common areas (no extra fee), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra fee), Internet corner (extra fee). Renting a car or a bike is also an option for recreation or transportation needs. Massage service (extra fee). We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment includes shows or live music various times throughout the week, daily entertainment for children, billiards (extra charge), table tennis and tennis within the complex! The hotels is specialized and certified in cycling tourism: not only the hotel has a well prepared storage room for bicycles, but also it offers the general information about cycling routes, meals adapted to the cyclists' needs, etc. There is also possibility to practice sports in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your HSM Madrigal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Hsm Madrigal Peguera
- HSM Madrigal Majorca/Peguera