Just back from the Summa Paguera Hotel in Peguera, Majorca. Don't confuse this hotel with the Sunna Park, which our taxi driver did! No reviews on UK sites before we went so didn't know what to expect. This hotel and resort cater mostly for Germans and Dutch and some of the hotel staff don't speak English. The hotel is rated 4* and has 100 rooms. It was refurbished in 2005. First impressions - public/reception areas really lovely and worth the rating. The hotel is on a busy street and quite crammed in amongst other bigger hotels so not much outside space. Swimming pool rather cramped with only about 20 sunbeds. Small indoor pool too. The food is excellent. Plenty of choice and variety to suit everyone but don't expect chips with everything. Not a typical English menu, I am happy to say. Our room was very nice with pool view. It provided air conditioning, tv (no English speaking channels), tea making facilities, all the toiletries you need - even a toothbrush and toothpaste! Very nicely decorated and fairly spacious with lovely bathroom. Daily towel change. The entertainment is quite low key and not 'in your face' but we didn't use this facility so can't comment. The hotel is about 200 metres downhill to the main street and a little further to the beach. The resort itself was brilliant - very busy - lovely atmosphere in the evenings with lots of shops, restaurants and bars with live music and street entertainers but not tacky, and no lager louts in sight. Again, it caters mostly for the Germans with hardly any menus etc in English. You can track down a couple of English bars in side streets if you want them but you won't see English football matches in every bar here! The beach is gorgeous - white sands and shallow waters - excellent for young families. There is a public bus service which is frequent and inexpensive to all resorts along the south coast into Palma, and out to Port d'Andraitx the other way. We used the buses a lot, but also hired a car for 3 days to go further afield. This cost £53 from King Cars. We had a really good week in Peguera with very hot weather and can honestly say we had no complaints at all. We have stayed in Porta Pollensa, Alcudia, Porto Christo, Cala Ratjada and Can Pastilla on Majorca before and would definitely return to Peguera. I would say, though, pack your anti-mosquito lotion as there were loads of mosquitos around and we were badly bitten on the first night before we realised it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 starred hotel in Peguera (Mallorca, Spain). At only 200m from the Palmira Beach and very close to Cala Fornells Beach and from the Peguera Bulevar is the best place for your vacations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your BQ Bulevar Peguera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bulevar Paguera Peguera
- Bulevar Paguera Hotel Peguera
- BQ Bulevar Peguera Hotel Majorca