We just returned from a week's stay. We wanted a quiet week of sunshine and nice food and got exactly what we wanted.
The hotel is in a beautiful setting, with great views of the turquoise blue sea. The staff are all really friendly, the food is good (don't expect Michellin star quality, but unless you are super-fussy then you should find something you like at the buffet), and the place is very clean throughout. We loved the fact that it's an adult only hotel, and the pools are great (if a little cold this early in the season).
Minor disappointments were that Wi-Fi is charged, though just EUR2 daily, and the same rate for beach towel hire. There is also a charge for the pool table.
Immediately outside the hotel it's very quiet, though I'm not certain whether some businesses were closed or just not open for the summer season yet.
I doubt it matters to most, but it's worth noting that we found most of the guests were German. The rooms are basic, but cleaned daily and to the same high standard as the rest of the public areas.
Evening entertainment.......I know it depends on personal taste, but I'd guess most people wouldn't pay to see it, but it's a distraction I suppose.
In summary, if you are looking for a peaceful week in a beautiful setting, you can expect some great R&R, and I'd definitely recommend upgrading to a sea view room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel JS Cape Colom has a spectacular cliff-top setting in Porto Colom, Mallorca. It offers incredible views, spa facilities and a large outdoor swimming pool. The hotel has over 1000 m² of terraces and gardens, with direct access to the sea. The buffet restaurant offers local and international foods as well as show cooking. There is also a snack bar by the pool. The Cape Colom's spa includes sauna, jacuzzi and pressure showers, as well as massages. It also has a gym, and excellent sports facilities. Porto Colom is one of Mallorca's best natural harbours, and is 500 metres from the sandy beach of Cala Marsal. Activities including scuba diving, fishing and sailing are on offer here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel JS Cape Colom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Js Cape Colom Hotel Porto Colom
- Hotel Cape Colom
- Cape Colom Porto
- Hotel JS Cape Colom Portocolom, Majorca