“Short break”
Review of BelleVue Belsana

BelleVue Belsana
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Portocolom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Date 17th July to 20 th July 2014 Just arrived back from this hotel spent 3 nights 4 days there hotel was very clean we didn't get a sea view but had a lovely quite room after reading the reviews on here was wishing I hadn't booked a short weekend break for me and my daughter the hotel is very clean and very quite which is just what we wanted no beach but a 10 min walk to the nearest beach which is well worth it food well plenty of choice even for the most fussiest of eaters we did eat out once in a fab restaurant 5 mins away towards the beach called spegettii very nice pasta and pizzas also do a take out as well not much going on in Porto colloum which I knew there wouldn't be we got the bus to cala dor which is very quick and only 2 euros 30 for what I had paid I would go back again think a week would be to long but defo great value and felt safe shame not more in hotel going on nice walk round the harbour as well .also we booked a taxi which cost 70 euros straight from airport to hotel money well spent only took 45 mins looking to book again later in the year so don't be out off with other reviews Chantel and Siobhan from Blackpool

Room Tip: 111 end of the block very quite no sea view but a nice view
7  Thank Chantel F

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Firstly I would like to say that Puerto colom is beautiful and if you like your holiday to be cultural and romantic then this is a must for consideration. Secondly this is the first time I have ever had the need to go on trip adviser
The hotel reception is clean and quite nice in appearance, the staff all except one which I will mention later where helpful and polite, the view from the pool and hotel is stunning, that is the end of the good news.
Firstly our room 110 stank like a old wet musty towel we decided that the air con was the culprit but it took twenty euros in air fresheners to mask it which it did but only just. The air con was switched off and not used again, however the draws and curtains where tainted by the smell it was dated and old, which is fine it's three star that's to be expected.
Next to the pool again dated old tired but that's ok. What is not ok is the thick yellow line of suntan oil and scum around the pool that I couldn't even write clean me I because I couldn't get through it. And algae all over the metal railings , the sun loungers are mainly ripped with bolts missing.
And on to the food what is fresh is fruit and bread everything else is defrosted school dinner We where there five nights and the same two cakes were wheeled out every night the fruit juice machine was only ever switched on in the morning the sausages where showing no colour whatsoever there was no way of making a meal up. Just really really poor.
Lastly the main issue. The young lad behind the bar Hugo I think was his name Rude to me my partner and some other Brits even to the point of claiming there was no lemonade until someone asked reception and it suddenly came back on inviting his mate for a day by the pool who annoyed everyone with his swearing and pestering the single women and putting rave and rap music on all day with offensive language Lovely that with kids as young as two running around also entertaining he's girlfriend in the evening bar and ignoring guests was the norm.
There is no entertainment at all, the guests sit out on old gravel at night with no lights and graffiti dated 2012 on the wall over looking the seating area. The place looks like it needs help. The hotel was built in the sixties and in the main stayed there desperately needs tlc

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Myself, partner and 4 year old daughter stayed for a week here and we have to say that we loved it. We did get a cheap deal through on the beach so the hotel was exceptionally good value for money. We found the hotel in general was always very well cleaned and the staff were absolutely lovely, especially the girls in the dining room, they were always playing and joking around with my little girl. The food was good, there was always lots of choice and healthy options including salad, fruit etc, the drinks were great too, seemed like high quality brands. The views were absolutely stunning and the location perfect for the beach, bars and the square at night - perfect. The only small negative we can think of is that the pool had too much chlorine in it, it turned our swimming costumes yellow and they're looking worse for wear now even after a few washes at home. All in all we loved it and would definitely come back as a family.

3  Thank Lynsey H
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice and quiet resort and Hotel, This is the place to come to if you need to recharge the batteries . The scenary around porta colom is beautifull and there`s plenty of bars andd restaurants to keep you happy. The staff are brill in the hotel and go out there way to make your stay a enjoyable one.Plenty of food and drink and a warm pool with marvalous sea views. No entertainment which we new but you get to meet some lovely people wanting the same as you, so you end up chilling together, (if you want to that is). Defo go back to this place and Hotel. There`s mossy`s here and they bite so take repelent. Take the speedy shuttle to hotel its well worth it.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carro395
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is what you would expect for the price we paid. Food is ok, rooms are ok if a little dated and not particularly clean (bathroom cleanliness definitely an issue)
But the staff are the rudest bunch of people I have ever encountered especially the staff that work in the dining room. We were constantly told we couldn't sit at various tables in the dining room (if you do not wish for people to sit at certain tables don't set them or remove them from the dining room) we were made to feel uncomfortable at every meal, my boyfriend was shouted at for helping himself to orange juice at lunch time apparently this is a breakfast drink (if we are not allowed it turn the machine off) there are far to many rules at this hotel it was like being back at school. I feel that because it is an All Inclusive hotel and they have your money already the staff think they do not have to be nice to you. We would not return to this hotel. Porto Colom is a nice resort and the beach is gorgeous though.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Laura-6543
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Just came back from the belsana on a 3 night stay with the hubby. After a 2 hour transfer from the airport we were allocated room 510 on arrival which was basic but does the job. Clean room and lovely views, but was very bad smell in room which we put down to drains?. Hotel was very quiet so plenty of sunbeds available by the pool. The all inclusive bar by the pool we'll stocked plus coke lemonade etc teas and coffees and ice cream available. They was a buffet on from 11.30-4.30 by the pool with burgers, hotdogs, chips chicken and veg option. Dinner from 7-9 which was basic was decent. Breakfast in morning was good with eggs, bacon,beans sausage, breads and a continental options of choc au pains, croissants etc.
we had a bit of a confusion with our transfers, nothing to do with the hotel, but the two ladies in reception sorted it no problem.
No entertainment at night time and the bar closes at 11pm but we found a few bars round the corner that were decent.
All in all a good stay, you get what you pay for. Porto colom very quiet resort so good for couples wanted quiet relaxing break.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Eloina S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My best friend and I were looking for a cheap and cheerful long weekend break. We really didn't want to spend much money but wanted all inclusive so our expectations were not that high. The Belsana was such a happy surprise, yes a little basic but as others have said it's not a 5 star hotel, and my friend and I jumped for joy when we saw the view from our room, simply stunning. Everything was clean and we had all that we needed. Food choice was not vast but something for everyone, and there was plenty of it. The staff were so friendly and helpful. There is no evening entertainment, but there is somewhere to sit and have a quiet drink. For us we didn't want anything else. I would agree with other comments about the transfer time from the airport, it did take us two hours both ways, I would look into an alternative option another time. To sum up, if you want a reasonably priced break, to relax in the sunshine with peace and quiet, the hotel Belsana is the place to go. Will most definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portocolom
Hotel JS Es Corso
#1 of 2 in Cala Murada
Barcelo Ponent Playa
Barcelo Ponent Playa
#21 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to BelleVue Belsana? Share your experiences!