Hostal Portocolom(Portocolom)
US$124
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Hotel JS Cape Colom(Portocolom)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$177
US$156
  • Beachfront
JS Es Corso(Portocolom)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$235
BelleVue Belsana(Portocolom)
Bella Maria(Portocolom)
  • Restaurant
All reviewselite pooljunior suiteelite clubmain poolola el vistamarhalf boardporto colompool areaevening meallovely hotelplenty of choicemaria jesusstar hoteloverlooking the harbourrelaxing holidaylong trousersbreakfast terrace
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is the definition of false advertisement in our opinion! We stayed here for 10 nights and by the end could not wait to catch the flight home.

The staff

When we arrived the gentleman on reception was extremely lovely and very very welcoming and we were happy to have arrived. However this was not the case for all of the staff, the bar manager John was the rudest of all and how he believes he is the best worker at this hotel is beyond me!!! On our second night, we were having a game of pool with some friends at the hotel bar, having just ordered a round of drinks, John switched the lights off and told us to drink up and leave as he wanted to go home now! If this abrupt rude approach to asking us to leave wasn't bad enough, he did this at 12pm when on the notice board it stated that the bar closed at 1:00am! We were on holiday and didn't expect this treatment! It's not like it was a all inclusive and the drinks were free, we were paying for these drinks!!

Our room was very dated and not comfortable. When I say the beds are like sleeping on a bed of rocks I'm not exaggerating, I came home in agony, the pillows are funny shaped and the view wasn't great.

The pool was ok, but i felt very uncomfortable due to the amount of touchy feeliness constantly going on by couple in the pool.

You can't use any facilities advertised, i.e. The spa and beauty treatments! The mini golf and tennis facilities are in a shocking, in a un maintained condition.

The hidden cost of the safe, 'elite pool' and fridge is a rip off and joke!

Honestly if you are planning a trip to the lovely Porto colom don't stay here, we read bad reviews before hand and thought everyone has an opinion but listen!!
I have been to many hotels and this really disappointed me. A four star I don't think so, more like a 2!! Do not waste your well earned money on this place, as your paying so much more than it's worth!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank miatiwi123
IvanaHoffman, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Vistamar by Pierre & Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you to have taken the time to share with us your opinion and thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Mallorca.

Please receive all my apologies for all the inconvenience. We wil taken in consideration all of the negative points you mentioned to improve our service.

We look forward to receive you again in our hotel.

Best regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Recently returned from an lovely holiday. Made welcome from the outset, staff very friendly and helpful. We had a superior room which was nice and spacious. Food was very good, everyone should be able to find something they like from the buffet style meals offer. Will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JCT61
IvanaHoffman, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Vistamar by Pierre & Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you to have taken the time to share with us your opinion of our hotel and we are very grateful for your positive feedback.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was great.Very clean ,the staff were so polite and helpful I couldnt fault our stay.Good variety of food at breakfast and evening meal.Portocolom isnt a resort its very quiet but beautiful.There are some local bars.Beach at cala marsal is gorgeous.The elite pool is good if you want quiet area to sun bath eith the beds

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice opinion!
We are very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Ola Hotel El Vistamar.We would be very proud to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in a future.

With warm regards.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

WE had a nice stay but it was spoiled by the view from our balcony into a nearby house where two dogs were kept in a concrete yard in the 30+ heat and appeared never to be walked. I mentioned this to two staff members who more or less had the attitude that it was nothing to do with them. I pointed out that it was our responsibility to make sure that no animal was mistreated an I just hope that they do something about it as I can't stop thinking about the poor things.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joan989
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned after a week at the Vistamar. The welcome from Maria Jesus at Reception was fantastic, probably the best my wife and I have received anyway that we have stayed in the world. Then it was downhill all of the way.

Oh goodness where do I start?

The Room
We had upgraded to a suite. It was awful. Badly worn faux leather settee that your legs stuck to if you sat in it which I guess explains how it looked. I imagine the colour from the settee is on the back of everybody's legs that ever sat on it. The ceiling has a massive crack that runs from the lounge to the bedroom. The air conditioning only works intermittently, after reporting this to Reception several days in a row , we were finally given a lesson on how to get it to work. This is going to sound surreal but it is necessary to open the sliding doors to each balcony (one in the lounge and one in the bedroom) and run with them really hard to make the connection that tells the aircon that the doors are closed, the connections are slightly too far apart. Of course I then understood the cracks in the ceiling!!!! Paint is peeling off in some parts and there is cheap laminate flooring that has clearly been laid by someone who wasn't quite sure how to do it, it is chipped and uneven. I lots track of the times that I stubbed my toe. I will try and attach photos.

Culture of Hotel
You might think that the state of our expensive room was the worse thing about this hotel but you would be wrong. Apart from Maria, the attitude of the staff is awful, holiday makers seem to be seen as an inconvenience. This ranged from lights being switched off and then on in the restaurant 15 minutes before it closed to let everyone know that they had to eat up and even worse the bar area. The bar area is hardly used, in our case this is because the bar manager is so rude. On Thursday 3rd August he shut the bar at midnight because there were only 4 of us using it and he wanted to go home!! The bar's advertised opening hours are until 1pm but when this was pointed out to John he said 'he was in charge and could shut the bar whenever he wanted' myself and our friends found him rude and aggressive - for the avoidance of any doubt we were simply having a drink and playing pool - we had to leave our drinks and our game of pool half way through. Basil Fawlty is alive and well and running the hotel bar at the Vistamar. He must be costing the owners a fortune in lost revenue as of course we tried to avoid him for the rest of our stay. His parting shot to me as he switched off the lights was that he was very popular on social media so he really didn't mind upsetting us and spoiling our night, he just wanted to go home. For the avoidance of any doubt I am not a teenage yob causing trouble I am a 56 year old managing director of a financial services company, I wouldn't know how to cause trouble. I hope he was only paid until midnight. We felt as though there is probably a leadership/management failure at the hotel as each area felt autonomous and run for the benefit of employees for example pools not properly open until 10.30am - we saw holiday makers queuing to get in at a closed gate and saw the same at breakfast which is available from 8.00am but together with other holiday makers we stood at locked gates until 8.05 on our last day only to be glared at by the gentleman opening the gates as though he was irritated by us queuing- no cheery good morning or 'sorry we are a few minutes late this morning'.

The restaurant
Breakfast is superb and on a terrace overlooking the sea. This should be where the bar is positioned in the evening as well but I suppose that would be too much trouble for someone! The breakfast food is also good. However, we made the mistake of taking the half board option - Don't make the same mistake that we did. The food is similar most nights (i.e. pretty awful) service is indifferent and there are so many much better places to eat at the harbour or towards the beach at Cala Marsal. As well as the food being better, those restaurants also make you feel welcome.

Porto Colom/Cala Marsal
The resort is superb. We especially liked the harbour at Porto Colom and the Beach at Cala Marsal both of which are easy walking distance from the hotel. The Starfish boat that runs from the harbour is well worth a trip. We had a day out in Cala D'Or but there are other places you can visit.

There is plenty else I could say. But do I need to?

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Markjulie123
IvanaHoffman, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Vistamar by Pierre & Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear guest.

Thank you to have taken the time to share with us your opinion. I would like to inform you that we taken notes about your comments and we will consider it in order to offer a better service.

Thank you once again for making us your choice hotel and for your constructive critics, we certaily look forward to serving you again and to have opportunity to exceed your expectations in a not too distant future.

Kindest Regards.