“Holidays simply Awesome!!!!!”
Review of Cala Marsal

Cala Marsal
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Portocolom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spend just one week at Cala Marsal, rainy and sunny days. We went to the beach, we were at the swimmingpools. Restaurant was ok, enough for us. My girlfriend and me we want to be relax and have some fun, and we did it with the entertaiment team (Preziozo is amazing), activities with crazy godzilla and LOT OF FUN!!!!!! Regards for all beacause we couldn´t say goodbye, it was to early in the morning... Regards also for the people in the bar.... We are back in Scotland now!!! Rain is here and Winter is Coming....

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Was an average hotel overall.. Pools and around the hotel was great..
Rooms were quite small didn't even get a double bed so me and my boyfriend had to stick two beds together.
Hotel staff were pretty good for nothing.
Great restauants by the beach..
Hire out some bikes at the hotel and ride around town..

Room Tip: Try get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iiSHii
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were in Cala Marsal the second week of august with my little son and my wife, we really enjoy the holydays. Miniclub it´s very good, the girls are very kind and friendly. The room was really nice and what about the view? amazing!!! The beach it´s one of the best things that i ever seen.
Night entertaiment was very good, the flower power party and the shows, entertaiment team, 10 points!!! I really recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sebastian K
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Entertainment staff were really good.
They make very nice video clip with the guests really fun,
and good memory from vacation.Excellent evening show !!!!!
It was wonderful time at the Cala Marsal Hotel I would recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lilach208
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just back from a week with my 15-year-old son. From the outside, the hotel looks like a tower block, but inside is better. The staff weren't particularly friendly and refused us a change of room when I saw the 'seaview' I had paid for was a glimpse of the Med' IF you leaned over the tiny balcony. The room was fine, though the beds were hard and the desalinated (?) water used for the shower was vile: keep mouth closed at all times, because it tastes like some sort of creamy seawater. Also, the tv set was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel anywhere - the 10" screen meant we couldn't read the score of the Wimbledon semi-final, for example. The restaurant was good, if a little impersonal. The choice of food was also good, though it seemed to be exactly the same choice every day. The pool area was nice - there are two pools, one for relaxing among (mainly) adults and the other for noisy kids and games. The hotel is 200m from a nice, but crowded beach with unbelievably blue water.

So why a 'Toyota hotel'? Well, because like the aforementioned car, while there is nothing particularly wrong with this hotel - crucially - there is nothing particularly fabulous about it either. We enjoyed our week, but not once did I think "ooh, I must come back here with my wife", for example.

Having said that, it is remarkably good value and therefore I thought it worthy of a 4-star rating. Wouldn't go back, though...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul330d
Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was a worderfull time at the Cala Marsal Hotel, with all the sympathique staff always smily. Bar staff, cleaning staff, restaurant, recepcion, but the best Entertaiment, the animation try so hard to get the people involved, nice work with the videos and night time entertaiment. Our room it was on the 7th floor and we have that amazing view... I would recommend this hotel with eyes close...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mika S
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We have stayed in Cala marsal hotel in Porte Colom a midweeks in the first week of June, lovely hotel, Nice location and really lovely staff.
especially the animation team was really awesome! Great thanks to Josepha, Aaron, Lucie and Gretl.
In addition tot this were the rooms and the rood also really good. I would definetely book this hotel again and would recommend to many others!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank G S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portocolom
Hotel JS Es Corso
0 mi away
Hotel Club Cala Marsal
Hotel Club Cala Marsal
#3 of 7 in Portocolom

Been to Cala Marsal? Share your experiences!