My boyfriend and I have just come back from a quick 4-night break at the apartments. We booked last minute and received a very good deal. The apartments themselves are rather basic (and I was suprised by the amount of dust around the apartment) but overall were fine for our stay. Our one bedroom apartment was more than big enough for us. I wouldn't expect wonders with these apartments though - they are fine for spending the morning and evening getting ready to go out to enjoy the resort, but they are not in any way luxurious to spend time in! It was, however, just what we were after (whats the point on spending lots of money on a room you won't be in if you're enjoying the pool, beach and restaurants in the evening!!) On a good note, however, I thought the shower and water pressure was brilliant (which is sometimes a gripe in large apartment blocks.)
The pool and communal areas of the aparthotel were lovely. The pool area was always clean with PLENTY of sunbeds! They were stacked up on the side and always had plenty to spare so none of the usual grumbling about towels being on beds from 6am!
We did not spend much time in the bar, and didn't go in the restaurant, as we were self-catering. The entertainment always sounded fun though, and every member of staff we encounted in the whole hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. The reception staff especially were very helpful in booking us a taxi back to the airport.
The apartments themselves are not in Porto Colom but in Cala Marsal - which I believe was much nicer. The beach is a two minute walk from the apartments, and absolutely gorgeous - wish I was back there now! Sunloungers and parasols are available to rent at 12euro a day, and there were some lovely beachfront bars and restaurants which we had lunch at, and evening meals.
There is also a gorgeous restaurant just down the road from the apartments (turn left as you walk out reception) which we saw alot of people from our apartments, as well as lots of locals, eating at.
All in all, we had a lovely holiday in a lovely quiet resort. Beach and restaurants fantastic, pool & bar area in the hotel was lovely. Let down a tiny bit by the apartment but for the money we paid, we couldn't really expect much more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Aparthotel Cecilia is an apartments complex, located a short walk from Cala Marcal beach in Porto Colom, Mallorca. It is made out of different Mediterranean style buildings, over 3 floors, distributed most of them around a central area, with a swimming pool in that has a children section, surrounded by terraces and sun-beds where you can sunbathe, chill out and enjoy the sunny weather of Mallorca.The activities of our animation team enhance the stay of children and adults,inviting to enjoy the open air sport facilities. All in all, the Ola Aparthotel Cecilia, is an ideal resort to enjoy your family holydays by the beach in Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Aparthotel Cecilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Aparthotel Cecilia Hotel Porto Colom
- Ola Aparthotel Cecilia Porto Colom
- OLA Aparthotel Cecilia Portocolom, Majorca