I booked this self catering holiday through "On The Beach" who were efficient and professional, no hidden costs unlike some other companies I checked with.
Most reviews I read of Ola Cecelia apartments seemed ok, I tend to ignore a lot of petty complaints and take most with a pinch of salt. (Jeez, some people really do seem to think everything should be brand new just for them every holiday !!).
Arriving in the resort you pass Cala Marsal beach which is a blue flag beach and is breathtaking, this is literally 800 yards walk from the apartments.
Booing in at reception we found that the 1 Bed Apt we booked was not available, only a studio which was disappointing, however the receptionist did admit that all our paperwork was correct and that the Cecilia thenselves had made the mistake. (the receptionist was very apologetic and genuinely sorry for the mistake).
As I'm a realist and accept things can go wrong I do believe that it is how the problem is sorted out that counts.
We were offered the "All Inclusive" upgrade free until the following day when a 1 Bed Apt would be ready or if we preferred we could have the "All Inclusive" upgrade free for our whole stay if we stayed in the studio. Well, the reason that we paid a bit more for the larger 1 Bed Apt is that one of the three in our party does snore really loudly affecting everyones sleep. We tried the studio and it wasn't a good nights sleep so we moved in to the Apt the next day which was much larger and was perfect with the separate bedroom. The receptionist did also give us a second day "All Inclusive" for our trouble. We were more than happy with the way our problem was resolved.
As for the Hotel itself, what can i say........it was very, very good, The pool was cleaned every day, there were gardeners, maids and maintenance people working every day, the bar and restaurant staff were all friendly and approachable. (apartment was cleaned and fresh towels every third day).It made for a relaxing holiday which is the reason we chose Porto Colom knowing it was a quiet resort, if you want nightclubs, discos and more to do take the bus or a taxi 7km to Cala D'or.
There are a few bars and restaurants near by, some overlooking the beach which is a nice place to be at sunset, we ate in all the local restaurants, food standards were very high in all but I have to recommend the Paella in Restaurant Mar, it was fantastic.
If you want to go further afield a 20 minute walk will take you to the harbour/marina where there are a number of restaurants and bars.
All in all The Ola Cecilia was a great place and it would be unfair of me to single out any member of staff for special praise as they all did a wonderful job keeping everyone happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Aparthotel Cecilia is an apartments complex, located a short walk from Cala Marcal beach in Porto Colom, Mallorca. It is made out of different Mediterranean style buildings, over 3 floors, distributed most of them around a central area, with a swimming pool in that has a children section, surrounded by terraces and sun-beds where you can sunbathe, chill out and enjoy the sunny weather of Mallorca.The activities of our animation team enhance the stay of children and adults,inviting to enjoy the open air sport facilities. All in all, the Ola Aparthotel Cecilia, is an ideal resort to enjoy your family holydays by the beach in Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, HostelWorld, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your OLA Aparthotel Cecilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Aparthotel Cecilia Hotel Porto Colom
- OLA Aparthotel Cecilia Porto Colom, Majorca