“Nice place, nice food, but pricey, plus mistakes made”
Review of El Patio

El Patio
Ranked #49 of 70 Restaurants in Porto Cristo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The location is very pleasant being street side cafe style with with views over the bay and part of the marina. Somewhere to eat when there is time and you're not in a rush.
We ordered some traditional tapas plus some ice-cream type desserts and the food was good, no doubt. Unfortunately the bread we ordered never arrived but was on the bill, however it was removed when queried.
This review would have said "good" but is downgraded to "average" because of that and moreover one other thing that really irked me: When paying the bill with my credit card they performed that underhand at-the-till euro-to-pound currency exchange thing so the payment went through as pounds sterling at a vastly inferior exchange rate (and this despite me having asked to be billed in Euros). That action cost us money for absolutely nothing. Maybe the old fool at the till earns a commission or something.
After a nice late afternoon lunch, I left a little angered by that. I mean, why do I bother seeking out the best way to pay that gives the best exchange rates only to be undone by folk like him... Grrr!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The food was of the very highest standard of course you pay for it to be like that but it was the best meal of the whole to week stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We enjoyed some excellent tapas and also some dreamy cakes! A daily coffee and snack was much anticipated!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed in Porto Cristo and tried many of the places to eat. We were charged 27 Euros for a poor spag bol and a chicken and salad with 2 drinks. Service was slow and the food lacklustre. It has a beach view but I would go for other locations as it does not make up for the food quality and service. Staff ignored us until we stood up to leave!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

This restaurant is beautifully situated overlooking the beach and the staff were very attentive. However, the food, although good, was horrendously expensive. I had pa amb oli (toasted bread with olive oil, garlic, tomato, cheese and ham) and two very small beers. The pa amb oli was beautifully presented, dressed with chicory and dill, and the ingredients were very fresh and tasty, but it didn't make it worth 13 Euros. I was charged a further 4 Euros for the two wine-glasses of beer I had. Porto Cristo has many other lovely tapas bars which are considerably cheaper.