“Good but the safety issue”
Review of Illa Balear

Illa Balear
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good but the safety issue”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I took my wife and 9 months old son on a boat journey from Cala Bona down the coast to Porto Cristo onboard Sea Adventure. The weather was good and the sun was shining. The journey was smooth and enjoyable. However, I witnessed some worrying issues about passengers safety on-board the boat, namely:

1. There was no safety announcement prior to the commencement of the journey which means that in the event of emergency evacuation none of the passengers would have known what to do.

2. Kids were allowed to run along the boat, sit on the side board without any of the crew stopping them. The danger here is that one of the kids could have been lost overboard and no one would have known his/her whereabouts.

3. Passengers (including children) were allowed to stand next to the mooring lines during docking. Mooring is a dangerous operation and crews were obviously not concerned about passengers safety during that operation.

4. No safety procedure whatsoever during embarking or disembarking of passengers.

5. There was an obvious lack of passenger safety supervision by the crews and officers.

Overall it was an enjoyable journey but completely unsafe especially for those who is unaware of the perils of the sea.

Local Maritime/Transport authorities should conduct a safety review before accidents happen.

My advise to parents who is thinking of taking their kids for a sea journey is to be careful and make sure your kids are around you at all time.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank AKF123

• Czech first
  • Polish first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“fantastic sights”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I went on this trip with my husband, 6 year old son and 12 month old son. We did the round trip from cala bona and we had a great time. Lots of beautiful sights to see and you can even get of to do some shopping if you wish. The staff were all very friendly and we had lots of announcements telling us where we were. Only down side was that there was no baby changing facilities so had to change my son in front of everyone. But it was a lovely trip with lots to see

3 Thank debbienandrew
Manchester, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome boat trip activity!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family & I went to the beach which is 5-10 minutes walk away from Club Cala Romani where we stayed last August 2013.Weather was about 33-34 degrees celsius but not humid.It was a fantastic day for a boat trip.The boat staff were very nice & friendly.
The ticket booth for the Porto Cristo trip is located at the beach side.The website is (www.illabalear.com).They do daily boat tour from Porto Cristo going to Calla Millor.The prices vary depends on your budget and type of tour that you want.The trip departs at 10am,2pm and 4:30pm.There is this Spanish local guy called Rick who sells tickets.He is very good in English and you can sometimes trade the ticket price with him because he sometimes give discount depending on the number of tickets that you will buy.I bought 5 tickets for my family and he kindly given me a discount.
The boat trip was a fantastic addition to our holiday experience.Something that we didn't plan but turned awesome.I just saw the ticket booth while checking on the beach then I was told to come back at least 45 minutes before the departure time.I just paid up front and no need for reservation so it was very convenient for my family as it did not affect our other plans for the day.It was a bit rocky to get into the boat because the way appears like a mini cliff.Rocky & steep but not really scary if you take caution.I went there with my husband & kids age 3,8 & 15 years. If you are keen to get tan skin during the trip,you might as well go on top of the boat,for those who have kids they will enjoy to sit at the bottom of the ferry boat.The bottom is see through and you can enjoy the view under the sea.My kids enjoyed to watch different sizes & colors of fishes that come near the boat.They also have a toilet facility and a snack bar where you could get some drinks & sandwiches during the trip.
The trip lasted for 2-3 hours.The main attraction is the Caves of Drach or the so called Pirate cave.The boat will stop there for few minutes and you will be allowed to take pictures.It will also stop in between islands where the tourists will be allowed to dive or swim for 10 minutes.
The view of different islands are really awesome! Majorca is indeed a beautiful place and this attraction is not to be missed!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bunchito31
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
246 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Pick a calm day and it will be amazing!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went on the boat trip that took you to the Caves of Drach, and it was amazing. The views were spectacular and with the time of year we went it was just a lovely temperature but there was minimal number of people! Perfect! Went at the end of September with fiance and my brother and his girlfriend.

Visited September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice View”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

went on this boat trip one day to visit Porto cristo , was simple didn't have too book just showed up 10 minutes before and bought tickets. was bit rocky to try get onto boat as was just some old stairs and rock down to it . overall the boat trip was good lovely views of the sea and landscape, plenty of photos taken ! we stayed in Porto cristo for around 3 hours until we got boat home was a nice day out .

Visited October 2013