I took my wife and 9 months old son on a boat journey from Cala Bona down the coast to Porto Cristo onboard Sea Adventure. The weather was good and the sun was shining. The journey was smooth and enjoyable. However, I witnessed some worrying issues about passengers safety on-board the boat, namely:
1. There was no safety announcement prior to the commencement of the journey which means that in the event of emergency evacuation none of the passengers would have known what to do.
2. Kids were allowed to run along the boat, sit on the side board without any of the crew stopping them. The danger here is that one of the kids could have been lost overboard and no one would have known his/her whereabouts.
3. Passengers (including children) were allowed to stand next to the mooring lines during docking. Mooring is a dangerous operation and crews were obviously not concerned about passengers safety during that operation.
4. No safety procedure whatsoever during embarking or disembarking of passengers.
5. There was an obvious lack of passenger safety supervision by the crews and officers.
Overall it was an enjoyable journey but completely unsafe especially for those who is unaware of the perils of the sea.
Local Maritime/Transport authorities should conduct a safety review before accidents happen.
My advise to parents who is thinking of taking their kids for a sea journey is to be careful and make sure your kids are around you at all time.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.