“Bar staff let hotel down big time”
Review of Monteverde Hotel

Monteverde Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Porto Cristo
Porto Cristo, Spain
“Bar staff let hotel down big time”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am currently staying at the monteverde hotel the hotel itself is fine rooms cleaned food better than expected but the bar staff is a joke theres 2 of them for the whole hotel and regardless if you stand at bar you wont be served unless you go to a certian place and then ehen you do order a drink ie a baileys they have none and will not make a attempt to get any if its not in bar tough even goes for coffee and all inc finishs when they decide to stop and not wat the tour operator says to you wont be back because of the 2 jokes they call bar staff

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank derryjoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed there in 2013 & still have nightmares about it. Staff were nasty & hostile, the hotel was dirty, the food inedible. No clean sheets 4 a week. There was no hot water in the room 4 2 days, when I complained at reception I was actually laughed at by the staff. I was bitten constantly by mozzies, they seemed 2 live in the broken air conditioning unit in the room. I ended up with a scabby mouth through them recycling plastic cups at the bar! Even saw staff taking them out of the bin! There is no redeeming feature of this hotel at all! Please spend a bit more money & go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Joannemurraykemp

Travellers are raving about these Porto Cristo hotels

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a week all-inclusive 29th Sept -6th Oct we never went hungry or thirsty plenty of places to visit cheap transport, all staff were friendly, our room was in the Santa Marie, harbour facing very clean, after reading some reviews we expected the worst but found everything okay, Their holiday season was coming to an end so hotel and apartments very quiet, we had a very relaxed holiday will certainly be going back. So if people wish to go on a 5 star holiday do so don't book 2 star and sit and complain about this hotel, the food was edible obviously the moaners must eat a-la-carte food every day and night at home. May not be everyones cup of tea (take ur own as they don't have English tea).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Karenb6357
Fifield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

just back from a holiday at this hotel from hell, ok the good bit was the room everything else was just a filthy disgusting mess, the childrens play area was a rusting marshy stinking mess that no way was I letting my kids play on as there was broken glass strewn around, the staff were mainly ok except for one barman who seemed to go out his way to upset people, also when we were there a few people tried to punch him and when he wasn't trying to upset people on holiday he was arguing with the other bar staff, this bloke was a complete disgrace all this on the first day and had not had a meal, the food was vile, kids ate sweetcorn no puddings no ice cream at all, the snacks was a cheese or ham sandwich at 4pm, one drink one person had to take all my kids to bar if they wanted juice, no fresh juice no tea bags, hard chips hard potatoes the tomatoes and sausages in the morning were used at lunch time once food was gone it was gone did not replace it, the pool was greasy you came out of the pool and was slimy never used it again. No toilet roll most of the time and nothing to dry your hands with after going to the toilet, meant to be all inclusive after 11pm you have to pay for your drinks. There was no entertainment apart from loud garbage music at night. It meant to be a two star hotel its a no star hotel the photos that tour operaters have on there site must be at least 10 years old or have been for a visit to photoshop, so you have been warned if you read this then go don't say I didn't tell you.

Room Tip: no room is a good room here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Andrew B
Haworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have just returned from staying in this hotel all inclusive. Although basic, the hotel is advertised as 2 star and I think it justifies that rating. The hotel is indeed 'tired', but my room was cleaned everyday. The food was basic but edible, and the breakfasts were better that some 3 star plus places in Britain. For what I paid for the holiday, this hotel lived up to more than my expectations. The salt-water swimming pool looked clean - though I used it only once as I'm not a lover of swimming. I found the staff on the whole friendly, but the music in the bar could be a little loud on an evening. The all-inclusive free drinks came in plastic glasses - but they looked clean to me.

I expect, this hotel may be worse in high-season, but my experience of it was good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael G
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My Husband and I stayed in this hotel from 17th september to 24th september 2013. Having read the reviews online before hand we where not expecting much and were alittle bit worried. Upon arrival we were a bit anxious as the reception area was not like other hotels we have stayed in with it being just a small desk to the side of the main lobby to the hotel however we pleasantly surprised as we were checked in with no problems and given our keys, we were told it was the first floor and the room number 123, we went in the lift and we discovered that the room was basically outside the lift, the room was clean and pretty much the same as any other hotel we have stayed in on holiday, it was clean with 2 single beds with 2 side dressers, a large mirror and the bathroom had everything we required and was not like the reviews we had read about being filthy it was dated but it was clean. The food was fine and we could always find something to eat, the dinning room is not in the hotel monteverde but in the santa maria next door, it was a large dinning room offering a buffet style, breakfast was good with a choice of either ceral, yoghurts, fresh cold meats and cheese or bacon, sausages, tomatoes and fried eggs, lunch and dinner were also of good standard and we always found something to eat and yes nothing is labelled but you could identify it by looking at it, the one thing we found a pain was the toaster there was always a queue as it seemed to take ages for it to actually toast the bread. The pool area was great for catching the rays as it gets the sun all day, the down side is some people put there towels on beds even though there are notices saying that the pool does not open until 10.00am apart from that the only thing wrong with the hotel was people moaning! you book a 2 star hotel you get what u pay for. dont worry about the reviews go with an open mind and enjoy your holiday :

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 94elained
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews about this hotel, I really wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived on 12th September. We arrived late at night to a welcome that was quick, informative and very polite. We went to our room and I was pleasantly suprised, It was clean, spacious with a nice view of the harbor, even in the dark. I had taken the advise of another review and asked for a room facing the harbor and a high floor. The hotel was very accommodating. The room was cleaned every day, bed remade, sheets changed twice during the week. Another tip is if you want clean towels at ANY time you only need to catch the maid (always around) and ask her. If you ask politely for anything around the hotel, they will all do their best to help you. If you are rude, shout and hurl abuse at the staff, they will not be prepared to help you. The food was good not excellent but it is a 2* hotel. The choice is limited but you can always find something you will like. We never went hungry! The bar area is always kept clean and Mica the barmaid is an absolute delight. In the evenings the barman is a little more strict with his measures and rules of 1drink per customer at a time.He is just sticking to the rules. However be polite and friendly and don't hurl abuse at him, he is very nice. The pool is always clean and the pool area. However there aren't enough sunbeds but plenty of chairs. Two things tried to spoil my holiday. 1. THE MOSQUITOES.(NOT the hotels fault). However I would take some heavy duty repellant. 2. Is The FEW IDIOTS (British unfortunately), who drink far too much and spoil it for others by becoming loud, leery and aggressive. To sum it all up a great, cheap, all inclusive. Great value for money!!! I will definitely return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbor and on a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Porto Cristo
Galaxia
Galaxia
#26 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to Monteverde Hotel? Share your experiences!