“Poor service and food quality”
Review of Bon Pas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bon Pas
Ranked #170 of 212 Restaurants in Port d'Alcudia
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Poor service and food quality”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

my wife and l were looking for a change of scenery so decided to look at the restaurants at the port. After walking up and down chose this one as it looked to be half full and prices seemed a little less than some others. We sat down and were given a menu quite quickly but when we ordered the waiter struggled to understand what we wanted even with me using some Spanish that had worked in other restaurants all week. l ordered garlic bread as a starter and my wife ordered olives. l also ordered a sirloin steak medium and my wife scampi. it took 4 attempts to get the waiter to understand the medium cooking of the steak and then he still had to ask another waiter. Anyway the olives came up for my wife quite quickly, with some dried bread and no plate to combine anything. My Garlic bread was taking ages and when l asked the waiter where it was he said it was being cooked, which sounded reasonable but then 10 mins later it arrived, and so did the steak and scampi. l was not pleased and when asked was everything ok l said not really as the main meal and starters had arrived together. the waitress just shrugged and left l tried the steak and found it to be rare, which l did eventually eat as l thought my wife would be waiting for me to finish if l got it taken back. The veg that came with it was stewed carrots and mangetout - you know when they are so soft and the colours are dull. Then when l asked for the bill l had been charged for a fillet steak - another 5Euros. l saw the head waiter and got the price reduced to the proper amount. So l was not impressed with is restaurant or the service and wished l had gone to the Mirimar at the start of the row which has excellent reviews- if only l had seen this before l went.

• Visited June 2012