“Amazing hotel - Malu and Pedro and their staff are exceptional, if I could give it 10 stars I would”
Review of Hotel Ca'n Pere

Hotel Ca'n Pere
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Myself and my new husband held our wedding in this beautiful hotel on the 18th of June this year. We had come across it by chance the previous year while staying in porto pollensa, we were visiting the old town of alcudia and walked in to Can Pere for some lunch. The minute we sat down in the courtyard I knew we had found our wedding venue. Communication began the next day with Pedro and we communicated by email from then on up until the day of the wedding, nothing is too much trouble for him and his beautiful wife Malu, they go out of their way to help and assist you with whatever you may need, their customer service skills and general manner is outstanding, the kind thats rarely seen. On the day of the wedding we had our blessing in the courtyard of the hotel (having previously had our formal civil ceremony in Dublin) at noon surrounded by family and friends, then travelled by coach with our thirty guests to a beautiful venue by the sea for drinks, lunch and the photography side of the day, we arrived back to Can Pere for 5pm for sensational cocktails and then dinner for 6.30ish. I cannot put into words how absolutely amazing the food was and in particular how it was prepared, we had a five course meal (choosen off the menu) and every single course was perfect, the main was either fish or veal fillet and the veal was cooked exactly to everyones request, this is not an easy task and i am very fussy about my food and its quality. Our guests are still raving about the food a month after the wedding! The dinner for our wedding was very important to me that it was top class and I can honestly say that it was of a 7* standard, I would change nothing, it was perfect, I am so grateful to Malu and Pedro and their amazing staff for the level of service we received on our wedding day and our entire time there (4 days for the wedding and 3 days in March of this year). We booked out the 4 bedrooms for 4 days for both sets of parents and a room each for the bride and groom to get ready in, these rooms are beautifully decorated, 2 have balconies that get great sunshine. I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone to stay in or indeed to hold your wedding in, it is a really special place to me and will always be a wonderful memory for us and our family and friends. All i have left to say is, Malu and Pedro, I simply cannot thank you enough, I look forward to coming back to see you both and your beautiful hotel again and again. I will never forget how special you made our day..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Geraldine002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
lleida
Reviewed 7 October 2010

this hotel is really nice and amazingly tiny; it's only got four rooms! so the service is wonderful as so is the food from their restaurant. Malu, the hotel manageress, is always ready to satisfy any requirement guests may have.
we were highly pleased with our stay and doubtless we'll go back when we can. the only "but" is the constant chimes of bells of nearby churches, but once you get used to them they aren't noticed and for those with light sleep the use of earplugs would be welcomed.
all in all, we strongly recommed this hotel for romantic getaways

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 August 2010

we did a 12 days roadtrip in order to get a quite diversified overview of Mallorca, and I managed to book 2 nights in these tiny 4 rooms boutique hotel...
the picture seemed charming, and we looked forward to discover it... and we were not disappointed, the location is perfect (in the old town), they were able to preserve the vintage character of the building, but also include a romantic and modern touch in it...
my girlfriend is usely quite picky (she is an interior designer), but she was fully charmed by this hotel!
the small team (the manager, the restaurant servers, the breakfeast lady) are all very nice, dedicated but still discret and respectful towards the tranquillity of the guests.
furthermore they have a wonderful and priceworthy restaurant (try the pulpo/bacon pinchos and the veal loin, they are delicious)...
after these 2 days, we simply didn´t want to leave (especially when we check in i a really bad, pretended 4 stars hotel, in calla d´or) this hotel...
Next time that I am in Mallorca, I will definitely book again this hotel!

small improvement field:
a more powerful A/C would be good

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard_D07
Aberdeen (Scotland)
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We really enjoyed our 5 day stay here. The hotel is a converted townhouse just off the main square in the old town Alcudia. It has been tastefully renovated in a simple but elegant style by the owners Pedro & Malu. Our room was large bright and spacious with a large and comfortable bed and the bathroom was of a modern contemporary style. The breakfasts were wonderful with a good choice of cereals, juices, meats/sausage, fruit, real coffee, eggs done to order and lovely fresh pastries. We ate in the restaurant and I was very impressed with the quality of the food, the owners also run the restaurant at Can Simo where we also ate but I actually thought Cane Pere was my favourite.

The staff/owners were very helpful and attentive nothing seemed too much trouble. When we arrived I noticed there was no safe in the room I spoke to Pedro to see if there was a safe I could use and within an hour there were safes fitted in both our rooms, now that’s what I call service.

Being in the middle of Alcudia close to the town hall and church there are clock bells ringing but I didn't find it that much of a problem, indeed it adds to the character of living in the old town.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Hayzer
Antwerpen Belgium
Reviewed 26 April 2009

One of the most beautiful hotels, only 4 rooms, very well situated in the historical center of Alcudia.
BUT: 1) Impossible to sleep at night because of the continuously striking of the clock in the tower of the city hall nearby and the church (further away). Twice on the hour and every half hour. This means, only for the city hall, 131 ding-dongs between 10 pm & 7 am near your room.
2) 2 of the 4 rooms were occupied by parents with very young children, so there was a lot of screaming and yelling, also during the night. Breakfast in the middle of a nursery school. You pay to the young maid, but attention: Don't break your legs because of the toys displayed all over the floor.
3) The staff was invisible and absolutely unprofessional. No welcome at all, a closed door and only after several knocks the door was opened by a young maid who didn't know about anything. Nevertheless we had a reservation and arrived at noon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarcAntwerpenBelgium
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I am very happy to have the honour of writing the first review for this fantastic hotel.
Although small (6 rooms) the room was absolutely gorgeous. Elegantly furnished, shabby chic decor, spotlessly clean, stone walls that made us feel like we were staying in the tower of a castle, 5 Star all the way. Breakfast consisted of Cereals, Meats, Cheeses, Breads & Yoghurts. The waitress didn't speak english so communication was a little difficult but I got my cold milk for my cereal in the end. There isn't a reception and I don't think the Hotel Manager is onsite all the time so prewarning them of your time of arrival and departure is a must. We didn't even consider that we were visiting out of season and that quite a few restaurants would be closed so lunch and dinner venues was limited but a MUST is El Canyar which is an extremely reasonable, absolutely divine restaurant at the end of the alley. The food was some of the best I have ever tasted and the service was just out of this world. The beaches at Puerto Alcudia were fabulous, looking back now at the photos we could have been in St Lucia. The weather was superb and exactly what we hoped for. It doesnt get any better than sitting on the promenade with a Jug of Sangria and a variety of fresh tapas.
In season I reckon you would be lucky to get into this Hotel, but if you do, you are in for a treat!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelQueeny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Can Tem
Can Tem
#39 of 57 in Alcudia
Hotel Cas Ferrer Nou Hotelet
Petit Hotel Hostatgeria La Victoria
Petit Hotel Hostatgeria La Victo...
#41 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia
#1 of 6 in Alcudia
Alcudia Petit Hotel
Alcudia Petit Hotel
#2 of 6 in Alcudia

Been to Hotel Ca'n Pere? Share your experiences!