“out of this world”

Jardin
Ranked #18 of 221 Restaurants in Port d'Alcudia
Price range: US$70 - US$120
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Los platos de alta cocina creados por Macarena de Castro, cocinera y propietaria del local, son un disfrute. Permanecen fieles a la cocina tradicional de Mallorca. Recupera productos agrícolas casi abandonados, especies de peces mediterráneos infravalorados y piezas cárnicas gustosísimas, olvidadas en la ajetreada vida global. Macarena presenta un menú quincenal, sumamente equilibrado según los más expertos, compuesto de tres aperitivos, tres entrantes, un pescado, una carne, un pre-postre, quesos y un postre, siempre delicioso.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our second visit to Jardin, after "discovering" it last year. Last years meal was excellent...this year..it was fantastic.
We went on a Friday lunchtime, as the weekend evenings were fully booked. We were the only couple in the restaurant, but that didn't detract from the wonderful service and food, in fact it made it feel that extra bit special.
The food...what can I say?...every individual dish was artistry on a plate, and each individual ingredient on the plate tastes wonderful..but when you put it all together, that's when you get the wow factor.
This is a chef who is obviously very passionate and knowledgable about food, and certainly knows what ingredients will complement each other, using some unusual foods..and is an artist in her own right.
For me personally, this was THE best meal I have ever eaten...and we will certainly be returning when back in Majorca. The restaurant deserves more than its one michellin star.

1  Thank heathsTorryburn_Fife

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After being doubtful in driving all the way to Alcudia for lunch ( when living in Palma for many years you get lazy ) we finally headed up to Restaurant Jardin for a Saturday lunch.
My husband was very reluctant when climbing up the stairs to, a more or less empty, and very blend restaurant....
But things changed very fast.....
Well seated, extremely well attended by all the staff and with a menu to die foe.
Twisting the traditional Mallorcan specialities into a new level the meal was a treat and so was the culinary knowledge of everyone working in the restaurant.
On Mallorca, we have many expensive restaurant that sell themselves as "gourmet places", actually most of them are crap and I prefer to visit and eat at one of the local restaurants that serves you food that is made with the knowledge and hart of the chef....but Restaurant Jardin....here you come up to another level!
Just lovely, nothing else to say..... and hat of for the excellent chef that cooked our meal on that lovely Saturday afternoon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have eaten here a few times on our last visits to Alcudia, and this time we went back with our son, and found the experience just as enjoyable. We ate here twice this time, with the first night being the better of the two. I cant remember all the food, but we did have grandmas eggs and ravioli, and the suckling pig ( we had this twice it was that nice), beef tartare, and squid as mains. Our son had pasta with tomoato based sauce which he ate a huge portion of it was that good. The service the first night was fantastic, and our sons food was brought quickly as they understood he would get impatient waiting :) All the food was delicious and we cleared our plates. They have some really good staff, but it was one in particular that let them down on the second night we ate there. When the head waiter came in he seemed to whip the place into shape quite quickly, and came over to say hello as he remembered us from before.
The restaraunt offers really good value for money, and really good food in a lovely setting. I would recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had never thought of Mallorca as a gastro Mecca; however we had some of the best food anywhere, it was however a little to EL BULLI extremely clinical and very precise. The Black pigs brain was a challenge however my wife passed on this. Tongue fibres was a triumph I not sure what was missing about the place maybe a little less pretence may have made it a top ten meal

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My family and I are no strangers to good restaurants and the Jardin provided us with the very best diner experience in Spain. At the beginning my wife was worried that maybe our two teenage daughters might not like the high cosine but they both loved the many different food they served us. Nothing comes in large portions but I have never been to a restaurant that provids large portions of delicatesen anyways.
try it and you will be going back. Anton and family.