We visited this hotel in early semptember as a family holiday for two weeks all inclusive.
On arrival after being delayed 5 and a half hours by Monarch we were greeted by a very friendly man named Pablo who was very happy and did his best to assist us. Shortly after we were allocated our rooms located on the first floor.
The rooms themselves are reasonably spacious and adequetly cleaned for a three star hotel, they also come along with a small kitchen area for those who are self catering even though any guest was able to use these facilities. Overall i only really have a few queries about the rooms which were, the sofa bed offered really wasnt a bed and couldnt be detached from the wall, the tv is from an entirely different century and didnt offer any english channels other than the news (even though a large majority of guests are english). However there is a major safety hazard in the bathroom that NEEDS to be addressed by staff, this hazard is the soap dispenser of which has very sharp and pointy edges and if you are small or have young children it could cause some serious harm. This needs to be addressed!!!!!!. Overall rooms are fine otherwise.
One of the highlights of this hotel considering its a three star is the all inclusive buffet located in the outside restaurant. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner i always found something that i liked and the food was actually tasty. Lasagna, steak, variety of pasta and a range of vegetables were always on offer. the only thing that was missing was more of a variety of desserts as there usually wasnt much selection there. But again for a three star an all round fantastic buffet i say and the staff were always friendly and smiling event though they worked tireless hours.
The pool area is standard and offers everything you would expect, and the amount of left lilos and inflatables was incredible, your certainly not short of being able to float around in the pool. Getting a sunbed was often a bit tricky as people use the same tactic of getting up and putting they're towel on in the morning but thats always to be expected. with a bit of common sense and a few movings round this can be sorted.
The bar area is completely fine and all of the soft drinks are very refeshing being official coca cola and fanta. however the beer is a real shocker, its flatter than the sahara desert and tastes cheap and the spirits arnt much better. Don't be put off by this though it does the job if your only going for a week or so.
In terms of entertainment there was a very good tom jones tribute, queen tribute were also very good but on one of the nights there was a group called the 'Harlem Dreams' playing and they were brilliant, they really got the crowd going and were very good indeed. The actual animation team were crap though, they constantly screeched down the microphone in an attempt to always show off. it seemed to be all about them rather than the audience. Furthermore there is a restricted view of the entertainment as there are many pillars in the way. I would recomend taking a trip out if your looking for any sort of decent nightlife or entertainment.
Overall this hotel has many good features and i would reccomend it to anyone staying with a family, the food was great, the area is close to the beach and attractions, the staff are friendly and generally its slightly better than you'd expect for a three star.
Its worth a visit :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents Sol Alcudia Center Hotel Apartamentos, is located in the north of Majorca, just 150 m from a long, sandy beach perfect for water sports and surrounded by restaurants, bars and lively nightlife. Close to Pollentia 15minutes, nearby Cabo Formentor Cliff and a few kilometres from Parque Natural de S’Albufera. Sol Alcudia Centre provides spacious apartments and studios with fully equipped. Daytime entertainment programme and Evening witn professional shows. It is ideal for enjoying a family holiday or a vacation with friends. The Katmandu Adventures, the newest branded children’s resort club experience. Come and enjoy Life !! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Alcudia Center by Melia Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Sol Melia Puerto Alcudia
- Puerto Alcudia Sol Melia
- Sol Alcudia Center By Melia Apartamentos Majorca, Spain