“Fabulous”

GreenLeadersSilver level
scotlnd
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just returned from 10 days at sol alcudia centre, it was just fantastic. We have three children 10, 6 and 3 and they have had the best holiday ever. The entertainment staff are the best I have even seen, they include all the children and work so hard to ensure everyone feels welcome. There is lots to do from yoga, to activities for the children and the adults. We went self catering and the apartment was spotless. The staff we encountered in the hotel were lovely and welcoming. My daughter holly took part in the Disney show and has treasured her certificate all the way home to scotland. I really cannot fault this hotel at all, we had a pool facing view which was lovely and had a great view of the sea also. Alcudia is a gorgeous place with lots to see and do. I had read reviews re Mosquitos, we didn't get one bite. We are hoping to return again to the hotel next year. Thank you for a brilliant holiday x

Room Tip: Pool view on fifth floor also has lovely view of the sea
3 Thank hollybeeScotlnd
MAR R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear hollybeeS,
Thank your very much indeed for your wonderful review on behalf of all of us and specially on behalf of our super entainment team: Wladimiro, Simone, Justina, Laura and Manuela.Take good care of yourselves.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Your team at Sol Alcudia Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had one week here in august 2013. Was clean and decent size on the apartments. laid next to "dollar street" and a short walk down to the beach. Pool area was decent, but we didnt use it. Spent all day at beach or out shopping/eating so just used the hotell for shower/end of day/sleeping. My gf`s parents was in the apartment next door and they used the balcony a lot, had a view out the streets, not much noise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 952abbash
MAR R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Abbas H,
Thank you for sharing your experience wiht us. Are you coming back this year?
We will be happy to welcome you again.
Kind regards from your team at Sol Alcudia Center
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before. It has changed quite dramatically this year. There is now a large building catering for all inclusive guests which looks good from the exterior of the grounds but is very bland and imposing from the road. Guests can choose whether they want to eat inside the building or on the terrace, hidden from the road. Rooms are being refurbished, and hairdriers supplied, but the 7th floor, where we stayed has not as yet. The staff work very hard and are always cheerful and friendly. It is an ideal location for the beach and restaurants. It's a shame that for some floors you have to walk through the bar terrace to reach the lift. We had given up smoking and found walking through this smoking area unpleasant. Just a gripe really, not a complaint. The rooms are cleaned well on arrival and towels and bedding changed every 4 - 5 days. However, the bath was not cleaned for the 2 weeks we stayed. I wouldn't have minded cleaning it myself if products were provided. Some rooms have dishcloths, teatowels and scrubbers provided - ours did not. Courtesy rooms are available but not clean towels, unless you ask for them. We did and they were provided in minutes. We have stayed here 11 times and will certainly stay again. It's a good, basic hotel which caters for families. The entertainment is geared up to children, which makes parents happy, although it doesn't begin until 10pm. The hotel group now offer a shuttle bus from the airport which is brilliant. It saves travelling along the coast for an extra hour dropping off at lots of resorts and hotels which Resorthoppa does. We talked to one couple who had missed their bus and had to pay 100 euros for a taxi to Palma so it's definitely worth booking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Kate K
MAR R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Kate K,
Thank you for your comments. Uau, 11 times already! It is not wonderful? I have already spoken with our Housekeeping manager about the scrubbers as new ones are placed in the room after every check out. Furthermore, let me please mention that bathrooms and kitchen floors must be cleaned during your stay therefore we will contact our cleaning team to find out what has happened in this particular case.
We are looking forward to your 12th visit.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here in July 2014 for a week with my 8 year old daughter and my mum. I've been to Alcudia before, so knew the area but first time in this hotel. First impressions i was dissapointed with the room. It was very small and all 3 of us were sleeping next to eachother using 2 sofas and a fold out bed which my daughter used. I've stayed in studios before - and assumed we would have beds again, and more space! I was initially booked to go with my boyfriend and had we turned up to that i would of been hugely dissapointed! However, the room served its purpose, we only really used it for sleeping in and we had a balcony, which we used everyday, although it would of been nicer i think having one that overlooked the pool, but again this wasnt a huge issue! I was very impressed with the cleaning service, as we had fresh towels and bedding almost everyday and cleaning staff were friendly. Reception staff were helpful and where there if your needed them. After first impressions - i was completely won over with everything else this hotel offers. The entertainment staff are absolutely fantastic and i cannot praise them enough! My daughter enjoyed this holiday the most out of any. This is the first time shes used a kids club and she loved it, and i felt like she was in safe hands. The entertainment on a night was also good and it was great to have the option of going to that every night. The hotel caters extremely well for children but theres also things for everyone - as they do activities adults can join in with (although i didn't myself). The pool was good, and when we first arrived it was quiter so was nice to not have the battle of getting a sun lounger - (Apart from our last 2days) I was down at 8.45 every morning and managed to choose where we wanted to be. Theres a bar near the pool which i thought was great and had a few cheeky cocktails!!! Also found the shop attached very useful for essentials like water! The locations perfect, very close to the beach (5mins walk) , loads of restaurants and shops. Alcudia itself is lovely and would recommend to everyone! I would stay here again, even thought the room for me wasnt perfect, but everything else made up for it!! Likely to return :)

5 Thank LeaD116
MAR R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear LeaD116,
Thank you for your wonderful review.Let me please take this opportunity to mention that Sol Alcudia Center offers both, Studios and appartments, street or pool view depending on the price.
As you have nicely mentioned, our studios can accommodate up to 3 people and our appartments up to 5.
We are delighted to read your daughter enjoyed her stay! We know that if our children are happy we are happy too. We hope to welcome you again very soon and in the meantime we wish you a wonderul Winter!!!
Best regards from your team at Sol Alcudia Center
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned from sol alcudia centre enjoyed a 7 day all inclusive package just need to say the staff were absolutely amazing so friendly especially sergio( blue eyes) and joan also food although a little repetative which you expect from an all inclusive was cooked to a high standard and was very nice. Brilliant location rooms a bit basic but good value for the price our 18 year old daughter and her friend and our 16 year old son and hes friend did not want to come home they recomend magic/bannana club for a very late night thank you to all the staff we had a fab holiday

5 Thank Darren775
Dear Darren775,
Thank you for your words on behalf of all of us!! I have forwarded your review to our Bar Team. Sergio and Joan are specially happy that your children and their friends had a good time. Will you all come back again next Summer? We will be more than glad to welcome you again!!
Do not forgel us! Your team at Sol Alcudia Cener
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We returned from an 11 night stay here on friday was me and my 2 children my husband and my mum and dad. It wasn't the best holiday we have been on due to me the kids and my mum all coming down with a sickness bug so lost half our holiday to this ,which I may add was not the fault of the hotel at all! The hotel was clean and comfortable the rooms could do with freshening up and new sheets as some of them were stained and had burn holes in them. Bathroom was the most in need of work doing to it.We stayed all inclusive the food was fine but nothing grabbed me ,breakfast was always fab! The restaurant staff were amazing Jay was a star my kids loved him and he would do anything for u he found out we were all unwell and offered for the chef to cook us something special or take good away for later if we wernt well enough to come for dinner, Katie was lovely too! Bar staff were fab apart from one that always looked moody didnt get her name though. Pool was freezing thats one downer but obviously that's no ones fault at all. Fab location for beach and the strip. Do not walk up to the belle view fair thing u will get eaten alive we didn't have one bite until we went up there was bloody awful lol we ended up running out I got bitten 5 times on my bum, 3 times on my arms and twice on my back in the 15-20mins we were there! Entertainment staff were fab although one show they done was a terror show my daughter was petrified and I must say me and my mum were absolutely gobsmacked that they even thought of doing such a thing ,was terrible but that's the only bad thing I can say about them coz they were brill would ask u to join in but if u didnt they didn't pester you at all. Always had smiles and very friendly. On site shop is very expensive so be careful shop around. Always got a sunbed even if it was a little later but I did see some people running to get them which made me laugh! We stayed in a pool view room was nice but was right above the little playground so screaming kids etc till say 12-1 am which was rather annoying some people just let thier kids run riot which makes it an unpleasant experience. The playground does need work to make it a bit safer the ground it's on needs to be all new and the equipment could do with replacing too. Overall none of this spoiled our holiday just noting things that could do with improving we would definately comeback again x

Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Claire W
MAR R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Claire W,
Thank you for finding the time to write this review on behalf of our General Manager and the rest of the team. We are taking your criticism about the bar colleague very seriously, for we are dependent on every single employee to act capable and obliging.
Regarding the Horror show , your are right, our Activity team is very good but please observe this is not a Miniclub show that is why it is recommended for all ages.
All in all we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we have found your feed back very useful!
Durham
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just about to check out after spending a glorious week at the Sol Alcudia Center. I wish I'd discovered it years ago.
Came here with my friend and the room was ideal for us. Loved being able to make a cuppa!
All the staff were absolutely lovely and I defy any girl not to fall a little bit in love with Javi in the restaurant!
Meals were great. Like many have said a bit samey after a few days but always something lovely. Chefs cooking meat and eggs to your taste is is a lovely touch.
Pools gorgeous though we spent our time at the beach.
Had no problem with the pick pockets mentioned, just be vigilant and use safety deposit box in room.
Can't wait to return here. Will.be recommending it to everyone.
Thank you for a great holiday!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank angie1976Durham
Dear angie 1976,
Thank you for your words and lovely feed back. I will inform our team in todays meeting.
We will be open until the end of September, aproximately, therefore if you wish to repeat and come back again this year we will delighted.
Have a wonderful winter. See you soon.